Forums

Help › Forums

Update Aug. 2, 2012

Fri, Aug 3 2012 3:39 AM (193 replies)
  • troyronaldson
    382 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 10:30 AM

where can i turn the lipout option off??

• RyjaTybas
    5,150 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 10:41 AM

No particular problems here with the meter - its as tricky as usual (!).

But a VERY annoying mini-delay between visuals and sound - and some strange distorted noises (like radio static) - which an earlier poster mentioned.

Had an occasional sound delay in the past - but, unlike before, restarting the game is not helping.

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 10:45 AM

So...let's see...WGT charges more money  to speed up play so I can play more rounds so WGT makes more money and, in turn, I can thusly speed up my play so I can play more rounds so WGT makes more money,   AND...most importantly, if you want to learn anything from a shot...don't blink!

My only question is;

Do I get a price break if I sign up for UNLIMITED SHOTS?

just wunnerin'...

d.  :)

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 10:59 AM

b0geybuster:

Yappy22:
    What tee's are the tour Legends hitting from?

they are orange.  I went to play Oakmont, and I was teeing off from Olympics tees on the other side of the country!

Cheers,

b0gey

Yes when I was on Kiawah I started at the 3rd hole at Royal St George. Tour Legend will be a challenge.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 11:04 AM

Slightly off topic here folks, sorry. WGT, the last time i looked (2 days ago) Scotland and ireland where way out in front on the avatar vote. Where the hell did funky pink come from, lol. Me thinks you guys arent bothered at all about scotland and ireland.

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 11:09 AM

YankeeJim:

genorb:
    for sure something has changed. Indeed, my average was 54.03 before the change and I posted a 58 and it went up to 54.04.

This makes sense. Just like Legend averages change until you get that 400th round. In your case your average should have gone up for anything over 54.

Well Jim that's not so obvious. The way they calculate average now is even more strange than before. Indeed, this is not the average over all the round I have played as legend for sure (my average would be larger). This is not either the average of my 500 best round (otherwise this 58 wouldn't have changed anything).

My guess is that they take the best 400 rounds before the change and to this, they will add the next 100 rounds. Indeed, before the change my average was 54.03 over my best 400 rounds. This means 400*54.03 = 21612. Now I have posted one 58 after the change, so we have 21612 + 58 = 21670 for 401 games. This leads to the average 21670 / 401 = 54.04 (with round off).

I will confirm this when I will have played more rounds to see of this procedure is correct.

My guess also is that for those who will turn legend after the change, the average will be computed over their 500 best round (meaning also that you will need to play 500 rounds before your average doesn't go up). But this can only be confirm by a new legend who will take note of all his rounds.

Regards

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 11:14 AM

genorb:

But this can only be confirm by a new legend who will take note of all his rounds.

Regards

I have mine marked. Only like 60 rounds into Legend though so it will take a bit :).

BM

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 11:18 AM

BeachedMulligan:

genorb:

But this can only be confirm by a new legend who will take note of all his rounds.

Regards

I have mine marked. Only like 60 rounds into Legend though so it will take a bit :).

BM

Very nice. Keep going to take note of all your rounds and let us know. It would be nice, if someone who would turn legend after the change would do it too.

Regards

• Fubar057
    170 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 11:21 AM

Does anyone know what the (use ball speed boost on green) under the options menu is ???

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 11:21 AM

TWOMINUSONE:

Slightly off topic here folks, sorry. WGT, the last time i looked (2 days ago) Scotland and ireland where way out in front on the avatar vote. Where the hell did funky pink come from, lol. Me thinks you guys arent bothered at all about scotland and ireland.

It was a golf clothing vote only not a Country colors clothing vote.

RSS