Forums

Help › Forums

Update Aug. 2, 2012

Fri, Aug 3 2012 3:39 AM (193 replies)
  • bsnewbert
    44 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 7:14 AM

i played oakmont right after the update.  now i am no tiger woods   but +11 after 9 holes??  i mean really??   i can usually shoot even or so on this course but +11 after 9?

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 7:14 AM

chrisironsbones:
    A bit of a coincidence the speed up boosts have come out the same time as we need to get 100 rounds to become tour legend!

Has Tour Legend already been rolled out? (No danger of promotion myself, but the Clayfoot Legends would have a little better odds if the elite players toddle off and play among themselves.)

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 7:20 AM

zagraniczniak:
    Has Tour Legend already been rolled out? (No danger of promotion myself, but the Clayfoot Legends would have a little better odds if the elite players toddle off and play among themselves.)

yes it started today.   98 rounds left!

Cheers,

b0gey

• bsnewbert
    44 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 7:21 AM

why are we trying to speed up the game of golf on a video game??  aren't there other more important issues WGT could address?

• Alan_M
    237 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 7:24 AM

Re - Speed up Boosts.

Really? Hold on is April 1st?

We have to pay to be able to watch the graphics operate as they should be operating to start with?

Can I have the Smooth running swing meter x4 application please along with a no lip out x4 application. I might be able to hit my average then!

I'd also like to buy an extendable ball retriever for when I get metered and the ball drops in 4" of water and is declared lost! 

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 7:28 AM

Wow, the ding is all out of whack! On Chateau Whistler this morning the ding was normal (but the sound was off), but now on the Kiawah championship the ding is delayed! You have to hit early in order to hit the ding. Is this just a fluke from the update?

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 7:40 AM

The whole game has become slow, again another update that makes the gameplay worse not better,....why bother????  The game/loading used to be perfect, now it takes ages to load a swing, next shot whats the point in realising the boosts if everything else has become much, much slower.  Its getting desperate.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 7:43 AM

zagraniczniak:
    You have to hit early in order to hit the ding. Is this just a fluke from the update?

Might just be on your end, Z. I played all 18 and it was fine. One thing you might take into consideration here- with new pins there's new data to DL so give some time for this to happen. I played slow because I was taking pictures of the new pins so maybe that's why I didn't see any problem, IDK.

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 7:50 AM

My meter is absolutely atrocious after last nights update. The game is un-playable.

I have lost 3 balls on the first Hole played today so thats it for me until this issue is fixed. Having to hit your ding button at least an inch before you want it to stop and it STILL sails by is not playing the game. I have NEVER had this issue this bad before.

And before any-one says ''Clear your caches and try another browser'' I have already done that AND put my computer through a Deep Clean with Advanced System Care 5 AND optimized my browser AND booted my RAM AND used turbo boost. and that has made not a jot of difference. I have even checked my Synaptics Pointing Device to make sure its not my buttons playing up but they are working perfect. I use a Laptop.

Sort it WGT Please. Can't play a thing until you do.

Mel

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 7:56 AM

I know this sounds lame, Mel, and isn't what you want to hear but after every update there's a rash of these types of problems. WGTAlex, way back when, admitted to the game being erratic for the first few rounds after an update or sometimes after clearing caches. The fix was to play a few rounds and it will get sorted.

Heh-Don't shoot me, I'm just remembering.  ;-)

RSS