Forums

Help › Forums

New Tour Legend tier.

Mon, Sep 3 2012 6:10 PM (94 replies)
  • G0LD
    358 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 8:30 AM

To be quite honest, after months and months of play as a legend, and a 57.72 average, it appeared to me that I had already earned the privilege of a new challenge as a Tour Legend (with further and harder hole locations, and championship greens). Surely, I pale in comparison with the top best legends, but still.

• Courtney01
    912 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 8:47 AM

G0LD:

To be quite honest, after months and months of play as a legend, and a 57.72 average, it appeared to me that I had already earned the privilege of a new challenge as a Tour Legend (with further and harder hole locations, and championship greens). Surely, I pale in comparison with the top best legends, but still.

Why you in a hurry to get there?  lol

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 8:53 AM

Courtney01:

G0LD:

Why you in a hurry to get there?  lol

He's expecting a little gold crown to wear over his 0

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 8:55 AM

G0LD:
    (with further and harder hole locations

lol. really? apparently you haven't learned a whole lot about how the game works.

Play 100 more rounds and you'll be tour legend (not sure what "farther hole locations" means, but you won't get new tees or exclusive hole locations)

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 11:05 AM

G0LD:

I tend to agree. I think all the Legends who are already under 60 ave and have played tons of rounds should be automatically in the new tier.

• rglrguy
    442 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 12:09 PM

CerinoDevoti:
    I tend to agree. I think all the Legends who are already under 60 ave and have played tons of rounds should be automatically in the new tier.

I agree also...........it has been earned if you have a avg. under 60..........you have most likely played 400 or more rounds as a Legend.

Jim

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 3:00 PM

It appears that the new Tour Legend tier and the requirement to shoot an additional 100 rounds to qualify is impacting all Legends.  Recently got over 400 ranked rounds as a Legend and noticed that my average went up .02 after a very quick round on Olympic just to see if it would go up.  Not such a big deal but curious as to why it is set up that way.  If 60 is the cut off point, and it appears to be, why isn't it focused on that group of players that are 60 or below? 

Those people that have the low averages worked their hinneys off and have put in thousands of ranked rounds to earn the title Tour Legend.  From a business point of view, it does makes sense though because how many legends are there and how many thousands of rounds will be played to achieve this task, and how many balls will it take to play those rounds....pretty crafty business plan if you ask me.

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 3:16 PM

What is the point of earning a tier if you think you should just automatically get it? Wow, then what is the point of even adding a tier if you going to complain about it? So I guess everything should handed on a platter.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 4:00 PM

who even cares about tour legend lol.

i'm quite happy to take 2 years to hit another 100 ranked rounds.

tbe

• sarak362336
    1,597 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 4:12 PM

Anyone who actually averages under 60 certainly deserves the accolade - those who merely have 400 rounds under 30/60 dont.  

Just saying    Sara

RSS