Forums

Help › Forums

New Tour Legend tier.

Mon, Sep 3 2012 6:10 PM (94 replies)
  • lbcgolf
    314 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 6:22 PM

Hey... not to split hair or nuttin but...

a clarification on how the new averages are calculated would be nice... I know admins won't give away the store as far as how it is exactly but some guideline would be appreciated.

I mean... in 2 days my 57.02 went to 57.12.  I get that going back to a more fluctuating formula, your averages should go up & down depending on the score you post.  So if I card a 31 or 32, likewise I've seen my average get bumped up 0.02 here, 0.01 there, etc.

But today, I posted a pair of 27s (RGs at BPB Back 9 and STA Back 9) and a 56 (Legend Oly full 18), and after each of those rounds my average did diddly!

some knowledge would be appreciated :-)

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 6:26 PM

WGT has not yet updated the FAQ homepage about the new Tour Legend tier.

This new tier will become much more clear to everyone when WGT does update the FAQ page.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 6:39 PM

lbcgolf:

Hey... not to split hair or nuttin but...

a clarification on how the new averages are calculated would be nice... I know admins won't give away the store as far as how it is exactly but some guideline would be appreciated.

I mean... in 2 days my 57.02 went to 57.12.  I get that going back to a more fluctuating formula, your averages should go up & down depending on the score you post.  So if I card a 31 or 32, likewise I've seen my average get bumped up 0.02 here, 0.01 there, etc.

But today, I posted a pair of 27s (RGs at BPB Back 9 and STA Back 9) and a 56 (Legend Oly full 18), and after each of those rounds my average did diddly!

some knowledge would be appreciated :-)

I asked that question via email and they won't share the algorithim.  I calculated mine (not even close to TL but had my 400 ranked rounds in) and came out very close to what they show me at.  your average prior to 8/2 was 57.02 times 400, then add the 13 recent rounds calculated at full 18 hole rounds and divide by 413,  very close.  I wish they would share the algorithims but it's doubtful they will.  I really don't know why though.  

How about it Admin, what is the reason the algorithm cannot be shared?

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 6:49 PM

Can't wait until a few legends get to (super legend) and we have to play another 400 until the score stops going down, or it never stops. Gonna be fun to see what happens.

• G0LD
    358 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 7:24 PM

I have to assume that "100 rounds" are 100 full 18-hole rounds or 200 half 9-hole rounds. pffffffffff. Thanks for nothing.

Clearly, the young guns don't mind that much. The old tired me does, sorry.

Anyway, not your problem. All the best to you all!

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 7:28 PM

phiber:
    your average prior to 8/2 was 57.02 times 400, then add the 13 recent rounds calculated at full 18 hole rounds and divide by 413,  very close

The actual value of 57.02 is anywhere from 57.015 to 57.02499999999.....

Find that value, and your formula will work perfectly.  :)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 7:51 PM

WGTadmin2:

I would appreciate it if we can keep this thread friendly

thanks

Oh, I'm sorry if I offended.

That's if you were talking about my post Admin.

C'mon Eileen by DMR's is one of my favorite songs.

Now thinking about it longer... it was also a one hit wonder. I'm a bit slow....hmmmm

-Roger

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 8:14 PM

I think everyone should keep in mind that WGT does not make any of the tier criteria public. Even though they're all an open secret NOW, they were all unknown at first... the players had to figure it out; so there's nothing new here, really.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 8:57 PM

mantis0014:

C'mon Eileen by DMR's is one of my favorite songs.

Now thinking about it longer... it was also a one hit wonder. 

ERM? No it wasn't.

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 5:53 AM

G0LD:

I have to assume that "100 rounds" are 100 full 18-hole rounds or 200 half 9-hole rounds. pffffffffff. Thanks for nothing.

I don't think you'd have to hit 200 9 hole rounds, currently a 9 hole round counts as 1 full round, your posted score is simply doubled for the average calculation, I assume it will continue to be the same.

There seem to be a lot of unanswered questions regarding the new tier, some clarification would be appreciated WGT.

For instance, if someone turns legend tomorrow, I assume they have to play 500 ranked rounds with a sub 60 average in order to reach the new tier?  The old 400 plus the new 100?

I guess we'll find out what the saturation point is for tour legend one day.  Gotta be a big number though.

RSS