Help › Forums

New Tour Legend tier.

Mon, Sep 3 2012 6:10 PM (94 replies)
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 8:31 AM

courteneyfish:

mantis0014:

C'mon Eileen by DMR's is one of my favorite songs.

Now thinking about it longer... it was also a one hit wonder. 

ERM? No it wasn't.

agreed.......

here's another Dexy's classic #1

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 9:22 AM

Why didnt WGT do it this way?

You have 9 free courses and 2 pay to play. They should have done it like this. You post 11 scores on each course and 1 on the pay to play. In other words 11 on St. Andrews, 11 on Oakmont so on and so on. If you get my drift. That equals 100. These scores would be be set on ranked games from the game client stroke play where the conditions are random.

That would keep folks from playing St. Andrews over and over to keep their Avg. down.

Edit: Or make the next 100 rounds Single Play where you cannot re-start.

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 1:59 PM

lbcgolf:

a clarification on how the new averages are calculated would be nice... I know admins won't give away the store as far as how it is exactly but some guideline would be appreciated.

Hi Lbc,

have a look here

I hope this helps.

Regards

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 3:08 PM

thebigeasy707:

extra 100 ranked rounds will stop the below from being catapulted to tour legend.

tm's who just turn legend then save their 1st  27 round beth or andies to get put to a 54avg legend.

that's my take on why the extra 100 ranked rounds have been added.

i'll reach it in my own time.....only another 99 rounds to go lol.

i'm in no hurry to face bollox....dansamcam, genorb or simo in rg's. i could do with a holiday from them for a while at least.

yoban.......when you arrive at the tour legend lounge....put the coffee on for the rest of us arriving later on. :)

tbe

I am in full agreement with you. At the moment I have exactly 50 ranked rounds and I'm just trying to hold onto my average the best I can. Hoping it will stop going up after the next 50 rounds so that I can continue trying to get my average lower to maybe reach tour legend but I'm in no real hurry either seeing as i rarely play RG's. With a new tier it just keeps me interested enough in this game to keep going until I reach it.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 3:09 PM

thebigeasy707:

courteneyfish:

mantis0014:

C'mon Eileen by DMR's is one of my favorite songs.

Now thinking about it longer... it was also a one hit wonder. 

ERM? No it wasn't.

agreed.......

here's another Dexy's classic #1

Yes, of course... they are still a huge favorite of mine.    In Australia Eileen was a huge hit and were classed as one hit winders down here.

-Roger

• Bruntski
    43 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:43 AM

Pffft, go click on some of those sub 60 averages and you'll see VERY FEW ranked rounds on a bunch of them. Im talking less than 200 ranked rounds.  These folks work the system and play their butts off on games that don't count.  They wont post a ranked round score unless its sub 30.  Good luck getting them into something other than an "unlimited" stroke round.  For the sub 60's with 1000+ ranked rounds...GREAT JOB and WELL DESERVED!!

• seniorbruno
    790 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2012 7:36 PM

Thread won't die.

I looked at the Tour Legend list tonight. Saw averages as high as 65. WTH? I thought you had to average under 60 to be tagged Tour Legend. Over 100 names on the list and many avg above 60.

Does anyone really know the criteria for making Tour Legend?  There might be 500 TL's by October. That's not elite. What's the point?

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2012 7:54 PM

The average resets at every Tier up. The TL's also have this happen to them.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2012 8:33 PM

seniorbruno:
    Does anyone really know the criteria for making Tour Legend?  There might be 500 TL's by October. That's not elite. What's the point?

The point is, as myself and many others made mention, is those of us with sub 60 avg at legend...had a "saturated averages.

Our averages could not go up, no matter what.

So, as I did (and many others) looked at our last 200 recorded rounds...saying "Dang...we're really a 62 avg, but gonna get knocked up a tier"

It happened...no sweat...whatI like about it as of right right, my avg reflectrs how I actually play.

Does yours?

Or are you too in a saturated mode, where a 80 does not affect your average?

If so (where 80 has no affect)..then calculate you average based on you last 50 games or so...are ya stunned...lol!

PS

I think I'd smoke ya in MP....your call

• promark1
    412 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2012 9:13 PM

sarak362336:

Anyone who actually averages under 60 certainly deserves the accolade - those who merely have 400 rounds under 30/60 dont.  

Just saying    Sara

think you hit the nail on the head there sara...........accolade, they just want to be loved lol

RSS