Forums

Help › Forums

New Tour Legend tier.

Mon, Sep 3 2012 6:10 PM (94 replies)
  • G0LD
    358 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 4:20 PM

"Why you in a hurry to get there?  lol"

Oh but I am, Courtney! Tired of the same old.

• mara43
    1,674 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 4:20 PM

Courtney01:

G0LD:

To be quite honest, after months and months of play as a legend, and a 57.72 average, it appeared to me that I had already earned the privilege of a new challenge as a Tour Legend (with further and harder hole locations, and championship greens). Surely, I pale in comparison with the top best legends, but still.

Why you in a hurry to get there?  lol

I have been following the various threads on this and am curious about this new tier.....

When the last big change was made were not a number of players automatically promoted (whether they liked it or not....!!!) to the 'Legend' tier.......so you had an established group who could kick start that new tier....?

If you have to qualify for the 'Tour Legend' by meeting a certain criteria, what happens to the 1st player who gets there.....will he/she be on his/her own waiting in the clubhouse for more to join him/her.....he/she could be waiting a while to play a 2,3 or 4 ball or will he/she get to play new tourneys on his/her own & clean up before others get there..?

What will be the incentive (aside from one's own want of a challenge) to move up..? obviously, tougher course conditions.....but what about greater credit payouts, more Amazon gift cards, other types of gift cards. ...more chances to win golf trips.....etc....

It is like the great unknown......will the 1st great explorer when he/she arrives like what he/she finds......?

Just pondering.......

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 4:21 PM

thebigeasy707:

who even cares about tour legend lol.

i'm quite happy to take 2 years to hit another 100 ranked rounds.

tbe

That is the right attitude.

The reason they did this was, because legends were complaining about not having anything new to stay at wgt, and they finished moving up, and were thinking of not coming back. Now that you have something to work on, there are still complainers. So basically there is no happy medium at all, is there? Even if you got what you want, you would still find something to complain about.

• G0LD
    358 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 4:27 PM

"He's expecting a little gold crown to wear over his 0=."

Pure nonsense, sorry to say. I just want an incremental change. I don't give a hoot about the crown.

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 4:32 PM

G0LD:

"He's expecting a little gold crown to wear over his 0=."

Pure nonsense, sorry to say. I just want an incremental change. I don't give a hoot about the crown.

Sometimes time is better used enjoy it by playing to earn. How do you feel accomplishments if your just handed it with no effort?

• G0LD
    358 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 4:35 PM

With all due respect, Leon, your arrogance is staggering. First, further hole locations are perfectly possible, even where tees cannot be moved back. Second, when the Legend tier was introduced, I was automatically hurled headlong into it, and was actually happy with the change. What is more, it included tougher playing conditions. So please, hold your tongue until you know what you're talking about.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 4:36 PM

sarak362336:
    Anyone who actually averages under 60 certainly deserves the accolade - those who merely have 400 rounds under 30/60 dont.  

And now that Legend averages fluctuate once again (at least for another 100 rounds) maybe those making it into the TL tier will have legitimately earned it while the posers scramble to protect what they have by not posting the bad ones. SSDD.  :-)

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 4:40 PM

i don't understand why the fluctuation should stop anyway. Keep it fluctuating.

tbe

• harrybr549
    470 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 4:47 PM

they can keep it i am happy where i am -------harrybr549

it will take me 2yrs to do that too or longer--don't want it

• sarak362336
    1,597 Posts
    Thu, Aug 2 2012 4:48 PM

Gold - if u want a real challenge - try playing with starter balls and get your average below 60.   That would impress me and Im sure satisfy your craving for a real challenge.

Just sayin    Sara

RSS