Forums

Help › Forums

New Tour Legend tier.

Mon, Sep 3 2012 6:10 PM (94 replies)
  • TonyTurbo78
    340 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 6:30 AM

I have a question chaps.  Iv'e been playing this game for over 4 years, mainly for fun with friends and family, I play more alt rounds and matchplay rounds than I almost do ranked rounds.  If I've played less than 400 ranked rounds @ legend, do I need to get to that figure first before I start knocking down the further 100 rounds?  or is it every ranked game from now on that counts even like I say, I've played less than 400?  

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 6:43 AM

YankeeJim:

sarak362336:
    Anyone who actually averages under 60 certainly deserves the accolade - those who merely have 400 rounds under 30/60 dont.  

And now that Legend averages fluctuate once again (at least for another 100 rounds) maybe those making it into the TL tier will have legitimately earned it while the posers scramble to protect what they have by not posting the bad ones. SSDD.  :-)

I was just thinking this Jim....  How many legends at the high end of the 50's will start to post bad rounds....

I might be a very good time to enter some Tournys... maybe....lol

-Roger

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 6:50 AM

All I can add to this is..................... there will be a lot lot lot more WD. I might be way off base here but................. funny how this speed up ball thing showed up right at this time as TL title.

UMMMMMMM  a coincident, or a money maker ?????? 

• TarheelsRule
    5,554 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 7:08 AM

I am a long time legend who is outside of the 60 average by almost 2 strokes.  I don't believe that I am in the ballpark with the top 100 legends.  However I can assure you that I can play with most of the rest.

The average on WGT is probably one of the most incorrect things going.  I have a lot of ranked rounds and if I wanted to move my average down, I could spend all my time on nines that I know I can play well on and move it under 60.  Frankly I don't care about the average, I only care about the fun that I have.

The true average really should exclude 9 hole rounds.  It is much more difficult to hold a round together for 18 holes than 9.  In addition how many rounds are stopped and restarted for tournaments that are unlimited play.

Just my opinion, I don't care which tier I am in, I just want to be in the one I deserve to be in rather than the one I worked around the system to get in.  If we are to have a tour legend tier it should be very exclusive and the road to it should be defined well.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 7:36 AM

How many times have players posted their frustration about how hard it is to get those last few fractions of points to get out of the TM tier? What do you think it's going to be like now, going from L to TL? Just play the game and be straight with it and you'll be where you should be, like THR.

• G0LD
    358 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 8:40 AM

"Beautifully said Sir :)" ArrVee...

Thank you.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 8:47 AM

Woodoworkery:

funny how this speed up ball thing showed up right at this time as TL title.

UMMMMMMM  a coincident, or a money maker ?????? 

both actually.....coincidential and money maker.....no biggy....it gets sorted and normal service gets back to normal.

tbe

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 8:47 AM

Just curious how Tour Legend will differ from Legend. They can't move the tees back any farther without tearing up some virtual sod. Presumably they could up the green speed.

Meanwhile, the more down-to-earth Legends will have a more realistic shot at some of the Legend tournaments. Not whining here, but remember that the tiers are supposed to play a role similar to the handicap in RL golf, so that you can win something when you are having a good day for you, that is, competing relative to your own skill level.

Also, with something close to 5,000 Legends, the group is crowded enough to move the cream up to their own new tier.

• G0LD
    358 Posts
    Fri, Aug 3 2012 8:53 AM

Sorry for repeating myself, but this is still entirely relevant:  thebigeasy is a perfect example of an exceptional legend who has proven conclusively, in the course of more rounds than I care to count, that he has earned the Tour Legend status, and the opportunity to rekindle his love for the game with a new challenge. But no, wgt demands that he, the lesser me, and a host of other like legends -- who have already posted a dizzying number of sub-30 and sub-60 scores -- labor an obvious point, made a thousand times ad nauseam. Personally, I'm just weary, that's all, but then again who cares? 

RSS