Forums

Help › Forums

How the new average is computed for legend

Mon, Nov 5 2012 5:45 PM (114 replies)
  • xXxxMARCxxXx
    427 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 1:29 PM

Thanks for the information.  Hope to get there one day in the next 2 years, lmao.  At the rate I'm dropping they will have a new tier to shoot for --STL (SuperTourLegend).

Peace!

• bettergloberoman
    586 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 2:45 PM

One question. Anybody knows how many rounds a new Legend should play before the avg to stop going up? (for the one that reach Legend tier after update)

Alex.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 2:52 PM

Logged in this afternoon and was greeted with a pleasant suprise.  After making TL a few days ago, received an email that said "Congratulations on advancing to Tour Legend.  You've been awarded 0.00 credits."  I laughed it off, not expecting any extra credits for the advance.

Lo and behold I noticed some extra credits today...checked transactions and there's  an entry labeled "Adjustment" that says "Award for advancement to Tour Legend:  225 credits."

So thanks very much WGT!

p.s. After 15 rounds as TL avg is still fluctuating.  It'll be interesting to see how many rounds it takes to saturate.

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 3:02 PM

mkg335:

p.s. After 15 rounds as TL avg is still fluctuating.  It'll be interesting to see how many rounds it takes to saturate.

Well, one needed 400 rounds to have a stabilized average as legend before the update (while it's only 50 for Tour master). So I am expecting at least 1000 rounds (if there is any stabilization :) ).

Regards

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 3:13 PM

genorb:

Well, one needed 400 rounds to have a stabilized average as legend before the update (while it's only 50 for Tour master). So I am expecting at least 1000 rounds (if there is any stabilization :) ).

Regards

You're probably right...and it wouldn't bother me if there is no stabilization.  Maybe at TL we finally get a true and accurate average.  And btw, special thanks to you, genorb, for tirelessly computing and updating the 100 Top Legends list.  You (and a few others, the cream of the crop) are the true Legends of WGT.

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2012 3:05 AM

bettergloberoman:

One question. Anybody knows how many rounds a new Legend should play before the avg to stop going up? (for the one that reach Legend tier after update)

It was for sure 400 rounds before the last update. We think it's 500 now.

Regards

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2012 7:19 AM

genorb:

mkg335:

Regards

Flucuate? I have shot 4 consecutive rounds 4 sdtokes below my average and no change. I don't think they have a formula that is used accross the board.

As a matter of fact WGT does not have a valid formula for determing Tier or Avg FACT Jack

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2012 10:01 AM

I think they left it "floating" forever. I had just got to the saturation point when the change took place. That is.. my average had just started to go down with every round that was better than my worst rounds. It started going up and down again after the update. That means, all rounds still count and make my average go up/ down again. So 400 is no longer a saturation point, I guess.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2012 12:48 PM

SOYEL1:
    So 400 is no longer a saturation point, I guess.

One of my CC mates just posted his 100th round since update (had 400 rounds "saturated" before), his average no longer goes up now.

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2012 12:59 PM

MBaggese:

SOYEL1:
    So 400 is no longer a saturation point, I guess.

One of my CC mates just posted his 100th round since update (had 400 rounds "saturated" before), his average no longer goes up now.

OK so that confirms, as guessed in the OP, that now legends will need 500 rounds before reaching saturation (average can no longer go up). Nice to know.

RSS