Forums

Help › Forums

How the new average is computed for legend

Mon, Nov 5 2012 5:45 PM (114 replies)
  • spitlist
    119 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 7:44 PM

Care to explain how this is possible?  The longest drive I have ever managed is something less than 400 yards with a 30+ mph tail wind.  I have the longest driver available.  So if you don't cheat to get that 475 yard drive, how do you do it.

I have seen that there is advertised cheater software available to shoot better scores in this Game.  Is this a scam or real?

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 8:14 PM

spitlist:

Care to explain how this is possible?  The longest drive I have ever managed is something less than 400 yards with a 30+ mph tail wind.  I have the longest driver available.  So if you don't cheat to get that 475 yard drive, how do you do it.

I have seen that there is advertised cheater software available to shoot better scores in this Game.  Is this a scam or real?

in another thread yes.....

this is not a cheat thread.

back on topic...

anyone managed to get their avg to go down instead of up?

tbe

• spitlist
    119 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 8:31 PM

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, it offers me little hope that I will ever be able to get a handle on shooting the sort of scores that some people do routinely.

The way I see it, the only way to do that is to have everything perfect.  

1. Your PC must be the fastest without anything that will put interference in the game

2. You have to have perfect reflexes (probably meaning someone my age has no chance)

3. You have to have a perfect internet connection.

Anything short of these three items will result in the meter jumping all over the place any the player not being able to hit the mark.

ANother thing that I find disturbing is that you can't get a full set of clubs that have the same swing attributes.  So you have to try to get used to multiple swing speeds when you select different clubs.  Is it too much to ask to have a selection of clubs that yields a common swing speed?

It sure appears to me that the programmers at WGT intentionally throw monkey wrenches into the game every time you reach a new tier.  I was doing pretty well as a Tour Master and finally reached Legend.  Afterwards, everything I was used to no longer worked the same.  Do they expect players to re-learn the game every time he reaches a new tier?

To compound the situation, once you reach Legend, you have to hit from the next county and players from lower tiers no longer want to play with you.  The penalty assessed Legend players is so great that apparently few will play in matches any longer.  If you select lower tiers to play with, you can't get people to play with you because they fear the "Legend" status.  As a result, you can hardly find anyone to play with.  So as a result you end up playing alone.  What fun is that?

I'd love to keep playing but it just is no fun anymore.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 8:46 PM

So for the next 500 rounds, a Legend players average will continue to increase if the player can not shoot a low sub-30 round?

I noticed my average going up on rounds 30 and higher, but remaining the same on a 29, and going down .1 with a 28, or 27.

Once a Legend player has passed the 500 ranked round threshold, will that players average start to decrease to the needed sub-60 level, thus becoming a Tour Legend player?

I'm currently at a 60.07 average, and rising.

Its kind of a good method IMO. It will definitely keep players from prematurely entering the Tour Legend tier.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone might give.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 8:52 PM

genorb:
    Legend with 400+ rounds before the last update:

Yes Fabian, I mention that here:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/119842.aspx?PageIndex=6

but not with data, just assumptions.

Glad to see you clarified it.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 8:56 PM

spitlist:
    he longest drive I have ever managed is something less than 400 yards with a 30+ mph tail wind

What's funny (not at you) is my longest drive up until a week or so ago, was with a G10 Driver and starter balls...like 397? or so, back as a TM...

Fast forward a year+ later...and last week craanked one off over 400 in heavy winds at SA...over a green...lol

Bottom line, there is no advantage to a 400+ yard drive (in most cases)...a bird is a bird')

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 9:02 PM

Thanks MB. I know your post was to Genorb, but that link did answer a few of my thoughts.

I have over 400 ranked rounds prior to the update, does this mean I only need 100 ranked rounds for my average to start decreasing to reach the needed sub-60 level, or is this system the new norm for those Legend players with the 400 ranked rounds, and will need to shoot sub-30 rounds only to lower ones average to reach the sub-60 level to advance to the Tour Legend tier?

Kind of a long question, but I'm still a little in the dark. : )

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 10:06 PM

No idea Richard, whats been posted/said by WGT leaves me wondering...they (WGT) mentioned "legends with sub 60 averages"...but how to interpret for a legend with a 60.01 saturated, I don't know.

• tanneralis
    419 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 10:37 PM

Why do RG's and CC's count towards these 100 rounds to qualify for the Tour Legend  tier ???   It should be 100 "ranked" rounds....end of story, not a bunch of low wind Ready Go or Country Club tourneys.

Why does WGT keep spoon feeding the guys with these super low averages ??

It's because they cant play to their averages if they play play under full conditions.....

Hahaha.....What a joke !!

Just saying...........I personally will endeavour to get to the Tour legend tier by playing each and every course the right way, I wont be taking any soft options.

Tanneralis.

• SilentOmegaWolf
    349 Posts
    Sat, Aug 4 2012 10:37 PM

dude you know some of the top legends like bollox are posting rounds on youtube

RSS