Forums

Help › Forums

How the new average is computed for legend

Mon, Nov 5 2012 5:45 PM (114 replies)
  • tanneralis
    419 Posts
    Sun, Aug 5 2012 8:08 PM

Playing unlimited play "Sunsafe" classics or Winter Tour rounds from TM tees which count towards your average is 1000% easier than any ranked round, you must be 1 of those guys with an average you can only play better than under easy conditions........good luck to you.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 5:24 AM

tanneralis:

you're a great person to be backing him Woodo or should i call you Mr Friday callaway classic lol, how many times did you play that ?  about 6 hahaha.............perfect example of yet another fake average, too funny, thx for the laugh mate.

How about we play a round you pick the course and conditions OK .....no money, no credits, your avg is lower than mine, and in your opinion mine is fake so I should be a push over.

What say Mate

• tanneralis
    419 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 5:27 AM

i record every round mate and dont play easy set up cc tourneys or RG's at all, my cc doesn't set up easy tourneys but thx for your input................and furthermore he took a shot at me, i didn't name or label anyone so thx again

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 5:40 AM

Woodoworkery:

NO, you took a shot a Kriztjan, one of the great players of this game and a friend. Then you attack me. 

Then you say my CC puts on easy tournaments

Tanneralis never named anyone.....read a few posts back in the thread.

I do believe Kriz took a swipe at Tanner first so all the guy did was respond.

He also never said Elite puts on easy tourneys either.

For what it's worth....yes Kriz's a decent player.....Tanner is also.

Let's not allow this thread to develop into a flamer and keep it on topic....else icon or hot & spicy pizza will just lock it up and that's pretty unfair on Genorb.

Agreed?

tbe

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 5:48 AM

Kriztjan:

tanneralis:

Why do RG's and CC's count towards these 100 rounds to qualify for the Tour Legend  tier ???   It should be 100 "ranked" rounds....end of story, not a bunch of low wind Ready Go or Country Club tourneys.

Why does WGT keep spoon feeding the guys with these super low averages ??

It's because they cant play to their averages if they play play under full conditions.....

Hahaha.....What a joke !!

Just saying...........I personally will endeavour to get to the Tour legend tier by playing each and every course the right way, I wont be taking any soft options.

Tanneralis.

Seriously??

The RG pending from heavy winds to low winds on all the different courses, and various greenspeeds, from fast to Championship, some of the legend RG plays from a shorter tee, and i tell you, its much easier to score on a regular scored round then on RG, so get your facts straight before talking about something that you dont have any clue on.

Big Easy, Krizt, is right RG, and or CC tournaments are far from being a push over. There was no attack there just stating facts

Yes you are right lets stay on topic

Gary

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 5:57 AM

it's all good....

and before Genorb gets back....I just want to add that I'm the strongest and have the longest..... :)

tbe

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 6:08 AM

thebigeasy707:

Let's not allow this thread to develop into a flamer and keep it on topic....else icon or hot & spicy pizza will just lock it up and that's pretty unfair on Genorb.

Agreed?

Thanks Dave.

Indeed, I would appreciated if we could go beyond these discussions to know who is the strongest, who has the longest... etc :) .

Thanks, Regards

• rmchangin
    1,327 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 6:19 AM

Hey big read back Kris didn't take a shot at tanner he told him to get his facts straight...And as far as Country Club Tourney go the only thing that can be set is wind and green speed. Tanner act like he's the only one on WGT that has a TRUE AVG because he doesn't shot CC tourneys and RG ....but after a lil research His old CC did have tourneys ...so who is he trying to bull crap. 

• Kriztjan
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 6:19 AM

This is funny, but i am willing to put some credits on this, Tanner, 2k matchplay per round, we play all courses. Challange posted on wall, see if he accepts.

Calling me a fake kinda gets you to put up or shut up.

And for the record, its not about whos got the longest, its about playing in different conditions, various setups, ranked rounds play pretty much the same.

Sorry Genorb, but this got personal.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Mon, Aug 6 2012 6:21 AM

It shouldn't make a difference to any one if all of us sub 60 legends played St Andrews front 9, 100 times to achieve tour legend status as the majority of us have reached 58 and lower by playing every ready go available (and over 400 ranked rounds, we might score 61 at oakmont 1 day or 58 the next) to reach 58 we've all played 100 rounds on all the different courses anyway to have reached 58 in the first place, so if all of us wanted to reach tour legend quickly playing 100 rounds at st andrews it shouldn't really be a problem, WGT have even supplied us all with x4 boosts to do it by next week!

READY GO's are exactly the same as playing RANKED ROUNDS on any course or the free tournaments.  Ready go's are SINGLE PLAY, a player who has reached sub 59 in ONLY playing ready go's deserves as much or even more credit as doing it "the easy" way playing ranked rounds in which you choose a course.  What difference does it make?  I could play 5 ready go's today and only score sub 60 in 2, but i bet if i played 5 courses i chose from ranked stroke play i would get 3 or 4. (heck starting over i would get all 5)

If i would have played more ready go's than i do now and ranked rounds on top i bet my average would be in the 55's to 56 but i prefer matchplay so i'm still on 58.  Each to their own, i've played people with averages of 55 and beaten them (and lost too) and i've also lost to players with a 61+ average so it doesn't make a difference what the hell our average is.  If there was a NFK off pro tees and some one played it 100 times, does it really matter what his average has become? that person would still have to play gainst one of us in ready go's or matchplay so if he's got to tour legend a easy way, its his own fault, not any of us, he still has to compete against the best of us just the same.  One things for sure, by lowering your average quickly, you wont have a chance in finding a matchplay game anymore..LOL.

"good Effort Fabian any way"

You cant win, you dont bring your average down you get called a sandbagger, bring it down to quickly and your a "show pony"..LOL we'll have to find a new word for opposite to sandbagger..LOLOL

RSS