Forums

Help › Forums

Surveys,FREE credits

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 15 2013 9:49 AM (36 replies)
  • Neathy01
    2 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 10:29 AM

I am new to WGT and am trying to aquire some credits to improve my set of clubs . I have tried the surveys that offer 81 credits approximately 10 times but each time I finish the survey an error message comes up and I end up with nothing. This appears to be a blatant rip-off and should be withdrawn. I am starting to get a little disillusioned with WGT?

• mickb74
    290 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 1:15 PM

aye happens to me,usually get 3/4 of the way through and an error message appears.ive stopped wasting my time and just do an extra half hours overtime at work.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 3:36 PM

Sorry, esssy. They're not all bad. I hit surveys for 75 and 163 credits right off the bat today. Then that 450 credit one kicked me out and gave me only 5. I really didn't have hopes of getting that one because that large of a reward is suspicious to me. At least it kicked me out early.

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 4:22 PM

Surveys take time.  It's that simple.  Google 'getting paid to take surveys' and you'll read all the info you can handle.

You have to take enough of them to get the pre-qual stuff on WGT.  That enables them to pigeon-hole you better and attempt (weak as it may be) to find the ones you qualify for.  However, it's a process.  Survey companies also look for regular survey-takers, and they won't send the good surveys to people trying to just fly through and take the credits without giving thought or reading the questions.  There are a lot of little tricks and rigs in there to catch the scammers.  Survey companies are wising up.  So, I suggest you complainers do, too.

Also, surveys look for a rather specific demographic.  If you fit under the largest part of the bell curve, you have the best shot at qualifying for some.  If you are a 21 year old, single kid that barely has a job, you aren't going to have a lot of success with surveys.  They don't accept everybody.  It's that simple.

Once you get the hang of them, you will qualify for more and more.  The credits will pile in.  It won't be super quick, but I knock a few out every week at peak times.  And, peak times are early in the month and again about 2/3 the way through the month.

• Neathy01
    2 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 3:26 AM

Thanks for the advise, i will bear that in mind in the future. I have engaged in other surveys on WGT and had no problem. It just appears to be Peanut Labs so I have posted my thoughts on the Peanut Labs site, not that I think it will do any good. I am suprised that WGT do not appear to take any action, as judging by the many comments on the forum it is damaging the WGT brand.

• Firenzo
    545 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 2:18 PM

What pisses me off are the ones that you spend 20 minutes doing  98% of the survey and then it tell you you don't qualify

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 3:27 PM

Firenzo:

What pisses me off are the ones that you spend 20 minutes doing  98% of the survey and then it tell you you don't qualify

I agree.  There is still a lot to complain about with surveys.  They aren't perfect.  But, they do serve a purpose.....for all involved.....you, WGT, the survey company, AND the company requesting the information.

Typically, a survey consists of three phases:  1) Pre-qualifying.  Both the survey company, and the survey itself, want to make sure you fit the pigeon-hole they are looking to fill.  For example, I don't watch a lot of movies.  So, if a survey is looking for people to review the movie-going experience in today's era, I am NOT a good candidate.  That survey will eventually weed me out.  2) The body of the survey.  Once the 'opinion' questions start (usually the 1-10 stuff or the sliding scales), you are usually in/qualified and going to get your credits.  One exception jumps to mind....sometimes there are random controls put in to make sure someone is actually reading the questions instead of just barrelling through and marking everything a 7.  You'll know what I'm talking about when you see the 'control' questions.  3) The end phase is typically very similar to pre-qual.  You get asked your age again, or maybe where you live, or your race/ethnicity.  You are close to finished when those questions start coming around again.

At any phase, if your answers disagree with your profile, or if your answers conflict with themselves, out you go.....no credits.  You just have to understand that the ultimate customer is the company requesting the survey be done....not you.  You are the lab rat volunteering to go through the maze.  Sometimes you get the cheese.  Sometimes the scientist is plain mad.

Tips on qualifying:  1) Be HONEST.  Like your momma said, if you're honest your story doesn't get twisted up on itself.  2) Be consistent with your pre-qual stuff.  Don't tell one survey you make 30k/yr and another you make 95k.  You'll get tripped up.

There are others, but you can google those.  Do your homework on surveys, and you'll qualify for more of them.  In the meantime, rock the videos and at least claim those prizes.

@WGT-  I would personally like to see us get at least 5 credits for trying a survey.  It's a damned nickel.  It's frustrating to get kicked out and get 0 creds for some and 5 for others.  I would also like to see the 'you have surveys' window in the game client updated more frequently.  I don't even look at it anymore because I know it's way off.....so it's a waste on your end.  Keep piling the surveys our way, though.  It's a great way to keep the site "free" for us.

RSS