Forums

Help › Forums

The one thing missing from the last update

Mon, Aug 27 2012 9:27 PM (62 replies)
  • ljbast
    943 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 2:45 PM

No intent to gang up on anyone. And nothing on his strong opinions. Just don't understand the need for the nickle thing.

I've let it go now  :)

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 2:59 PM

ljbast:

No intent to gang up on anyone. And nothing on his strong opinions. Just don't understand the need for the nickle thing.

I've let it go now  :)

not really important to understand it , yeah ?

good onya though .. ;)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 3:29 PM

It is very easy to make a broad statement without pointing a finger at any individual. The entire purpose of my long babble. I spoke my feelings about a large group of players, and never once mentioned any single person. Think a little before you speak, and the jabs will be greatly reduced. Just my, not going to say it. Let's play some golf folks.

• jbh1212
    102 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 9:59 PM

good morning,

i totally agree with this comment,people have to much to say about others,instead of just playing the game,i get angry at times,but dont call people sand baggers because i am losing. but we do need to stop some issue,ie pro level 96,all top equipment,not leveling up,this is unfair to some players.i think equipment should stay on same levels,but instead of moving up tiers by average,should move up by level ie level 65 tour pro 70 master 80 tour master and 90 legend,if do it this way the game would be fair,because all the people refusing to level up,will be restricted to playing because when get to certain level will tier up,this way will stop all the issue.so the more you play the more you level up,if you restrict yourself to skins only then you level up and go from tour pro to master it will change and make it fair becuase that person has to learn all over again,

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 10:39 PM

lee22sharon:

JaLaBar:

lee22sharon:
    One question for you, WHY?  My Nickle.

Because.

For the record, if your question was worth a nickel, my response was worth $0.07.

Hmmm, because?  rather juvenile.   Your response has no meaning therefore no costs involved.  Still my nickle.

You finish every sentence with this infantile nickel bullsh*t, including the inane misspelling of nickel, and you call me juvenile?  Refreshing to see such unabashed ignorance.  I'm impressed.

The question you asked was asinine, and you know it.  You know why, so don't ask stupid questions if you don't want to be mocked by way of reply.

lee22sharon:

Your response has no meaning therefore no costs involved. 

Kind of how I felt about your every post in this thread, except I was more apathetic.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 10:42 PM

lee22sharon:

piztaker:

Dear Sharon, the nickle business wasn't funny the first time, it's no funnier after hearing it 619 times. 

keep on keeping on.  Still my nickle!

So now you know that it annoys people you'll stop?

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 11:26 PM

M4N1C:

The whole leveling system is wrong and should be replaced with a different system , a  system that rewards players not only with promotion , but with a whole new range of clubs .

So....

Hacks can only purchase clubs up to lvl 15

Amateurs can purchase clubs up to lvl 30

Pros can purchase clubs up to lvl 45

Tour Pros can purchase clubs up to lvl 60

Masters can purchase clubs up to lvl 75

Tour Masters and above can purchase clubs up to lvl 90

Legends and above can purchase clubs over lvl 90

This would mean that we would never see another Amateur or Pro with cubs only a Legend can purchase .

Tier Competitions would be a lot closer as all Tiers use different levels of clubs .

Very interesting read Manic ...   I quite like this idea of yours.

-Roger

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 12:16 AM

Limiting club sales to tiers loses sight of the fact that WGT is a business. No good business manager is going to eliminate the majority of his sales. The vast majority of the players on this site will never reach the skill levels to get to the higher tiers and thus WGT stands to lose all that income under your proposal. Limiting the performance of the clubs, not the availability of the clubs based on the tier makes a lot more sense.

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 1:52 AM

srellim234:

Limiting club sales to tiers loses sight of the fact that WGT is a business. No good business manager is going to eliminate the majority of his sales. The vast majority of the players on this site will never reach the skill levels to get to the higher tiers and thus WGT stands to lose all that income under your proposal. Limiting the performance of the clubs, not the availability of the clubs based on the tier makes a lot more sense.

set tier to level, problem solved. if a player can get level 90 by milking daily xp, they can handle legend, or just start another account

the thing of it is, wgt WANTS players to start new accounts because it A) increases the # of accounts they can tout to their partners in crime and B) they sell more gear to said "new accounts"

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 7:51 AM

So your solution to the sandbagging problem is to encourage more people to do it? What happens when the Hack, Amateur and Pro tiers are flooded with multi-account holders? Multi-account holders with the skill sets of Masters and Tour Masters and yes, Legends with their detailed notebooks on courses, fairways and most importantly the subleties of every green?

I agree that right now WGT is doing a very poor job of stopping those who break the rules but encouraging everyone here to throw in the towel on multi-account holders in order to take a "If you can't beat the cheaters, everyone should cheat with them"  approach is not a solution.

A solution within the rules that would keep some integrity in this game is much more desirable.. 

RSS