Forums

Help › Forums

The one thing missing from the last update

Mon, Aug 27 2012 9:27 PM (62 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 8:32 AM

Just something to ponder. Back when I first started playing WGT, I made a few friends very quickly. Of all of my current friends there are still 4 of the originals, that I play with the most. We knew each others abilities inside and out. As we leveled up we all bought the best equipment available to us. If one or another could not afford the new equipment, then we gifted it to them so we could still have our fun competitive games. When one would tier up, the others hustled to get there. We are all Legends now and still have the fire to beat each other. I was the last to make Legend. When we played an AS, with the same equipment, I had a huge advantage from the tees. Funny that they all wanted me as their partner. Last night I joined an AS game, 2 TM's and 2 Legends. A TM was the host and chose the other TM. Even though my partner and I were bombing our drives well over 300 yards, we were still a good ways behind our opponents. OK, we are Legends, no big deal right. We have a mid iron to the green and the TM"s have 9 or less. The TM's had obviously spent some time on our Tourney greens. Overall it was a very enjoyable round, other than the comments about them out driving the Legends. My partner pointed out on one tee that they had a 50 plus yard advantage. They had no comment, out drove us by 25 yards and said got ya again old man. The point of all of this blabber is this. If you have the best equipment and choose to stay on the shorter tees, so be it. Just remember, every time you win, does it really speak of your skill or the fact that you choose to play putt putt while your opponent is playing from the tips. The ability to keep your average high and level up for the best equipment seems to be the way many players have decided to go. To get your average low and tier up is the real way to go. For the ones in the first group, when your ball$ drop and your voice changes, I'll see ya from the tips. Otherwise, enjoy your ability, or lack of. Only you know the real difference.

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 9:03 AM

renniw52:

Just something to ponder. Back when I first started playing WGT, I made a few friends very quickly. Of all of my current friends there are still 4 of the originals, that I play with the most. We knew each others abilities inside and out. As we leveled up we all bought the best equipment available to us. If one or another could not afford the new equipment, then we gifted it to them so we could still have our fun competitive games. When one would tier up, the others hustled to get there. We are all Legends now and still have the fire to beat each other. I was the last to make Legend. When we played an AS, with the same equipment, I had a huge advantage from the tees. Funny that they all wanted me as their partner. Last night I joined an AS game, 2 TM's and 2 Legends. A TM was the host and chose the other TM. Even though my partner and I were bombing our drives well over 300 yards, we were still a good ways behind our opponents. OK, we are Legends, no big deal right. We have a mid iron to the green and the TM"s have 9 or less. The TM's had obviously spent some time on our Tourney greens. Overall it was a very enjoyable round, other than the comments about them out driving the Legends. My partner pointed out on one tee that they had a 50 plus yard advantage. They had no comment, out drove us by 25 yards and said got ya again old man. The point of all of this blabber is this. If you have the best equipment and choose to stay on the shorter tees, so be it. Just remember, every time you win, does it really speak of your skill or the fact that you choose to play putt putt while your opponent is playing from the tips. The ability to keep your average high and level up for the best equipment seems to be the way many players have decided to go. To get your average low and tier up is the real way to go. For the ones in the first group, when your ball$ drop and your voice changes, I'll see ya from the tips. Otherwise, enjoy your ability, or lack of. Only you know the real difference.

Very well put.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 10:49 AM

mnshiner:

renniw52:

Very well put.

oh yeah .. very well put indeed

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 12:36 PM

JaLaBar:

lee22sharon:
    One question for you, WHY?  My Nickle.

Because.

For the record, if your question was worth a nickel, my response was worth $0.07.

Hmmm, because?  rather juvenile.   Your response has no meaning therefore no costs involved.  Still my nickle.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 12:55 PM

Dear Sharon, the nickle business wasn't funny the first time, it's no funnier after hearing it 619 times. 

• M4N1C
    8 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 12:57 PM

I started playing in Mar 2012 , within 3 months i was a Tour Master . I was very pleased to be Tour Master but found the game lacked any real challenge , except to make Legend and as many many Legends say , dont bother , the only difference is the Tee distance is longer .

I was Manic666 ... ( click the name )

Joined 23rd March 2012 ............. Promoted to Tour Master 20th June 2012

Hack to Lvl 69 Tour Master in 3 months

So , after playing as Tour Master for another 3 months , things were becoming rather boring and i was not having the same fun as I was  when I was chasing to be  a Tour Master . So I quit , and restarted .

It took me 14 days to get from Hack to Master , which , considering it took me 2 months originally , that is some difference . And it was great fun at the same time .

But , and here is the reference to the post before ,

chris5214:
    The ability to keep your average high and level up for the best equipment seems to be the way many players have decided to go. To get your average low and tier up is the real way to go. For the ones in the first group, when your ball$ drop and your voice changes, I'll see ya from the tips. Otherwise, enjoy your ability, or lack of. Only you know the real difference.

In 2 weeks I made Master tier at lvl 42 , and my h/c after 24 hours was down to 68.00

This achievement I am very happy with , and cant wait to start again and see if I can beat that .  lol

As for seeing players leveling up but remaining as Amateurs and Pro`s , I came across very many . There were Pro`s on lvl 90 , which to me is so wrong , the system allows  players to do this , so in competitions a pro`s Tee position is used , but the experience  and clubs used are the same as Legends !

I believe that the system used at present is flawed , and encourages players to play as bandits and concentrate on competitions and winning credits  . The next time you look at the tourney results , check the winning players and see  what lvl`s they are , and I bet they are all high lvls playing with the best equipment .

This has a knock on effect that stops others from even entering competitions , as the scores  posted  are so ridiculously low !

How can a Pro shoot a 27 over 9  holes in reality , without using clubs used by Legends .

The whole leveling system is wrong and should be replaced with a different system , a  system that rewards players not only with promotion , but with a whole new range of clubs .

So....

Hacks can only purchase clubs up to lvl 15

Amateurs can purchase clubs up to lvl 30

Pros can purchase clubs up to lvl 45

Tour Pros can purchase clubs up to lvl 60

Masters can purchase clubs up to lvl 75

Tour Masters and above can purchase clubs up to lvl 90

Legends and above can purchase clubs over lvl 90

This would mean that we would never see another Amateur or Pro with cubs only a Legend can purchase .

Tier Competitions would be a lot closer as all Tiers use different levels of clubs .

As for me , I am a lvl 44 Master with lvl 37 equipment and lower . Until I get to lvl 58 I cannot purchase a Driver that competes , which leaves me 30 yds behind after every T shot , except par 3`s of course .

I do not believe this is fair , and actually encourages  players to level up as opposed  to Tier up  with promotion.

These are just my opinions ,  I do not say that I am right in what I say or imply , I just see the system as it is being taken for a ride and should be looked into to hopefully find a way of stopping these level bandits getting away with scores that are humanly impossible in real golf .

There are a few things here to chew over , lets hope for some good replies :D

Rgds , M4N1C  Formerly Manic666

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 1:45 PM

renniw52:

.... If you have the best equipment and choose to stay on the shorter tees, so be it. Just remember, every time you "win", does it really speak of your skill? or the fact that you choose to play putt putt while your opponent is playing from the tips. The ability to keep your average high and level up for the best equipment seems to be the way many players have decided to go. To get your average low and tier up is the real way to go. For the ones in the first group, when your ball$ drop and your voice changes, I'll see ya from the tips. Otherwise, enjoy your ability, or lack of. Only you know the real difference.

I could not agree more.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 1:53 PM

piztaker:

Dear Sharon, the nickle business wasn't funny the first time, it's no funnier after hearing it 619 times. 

keep on keeping on.  Still my nickle!

• ljbast
    943 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 2:31 PM

I agree with piz, that nickle thing is annoying. Do you say that in real life after every time you finish a sentence?

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 2:37 PM

it's his callcard signature .. nuthin' wrong with that ..

he's a guy with strong opinions .. nuthin' wrong with that either .. nor is there anything wrong with disagreement .. 

but tryin' to gang up on him won't get u anywhere pal .. let it go

my Nickle  (sorry Lee)

RSS