Forums

Help › Forums

The one thing missing from the last update

Mon, Aug 27 2012 9:27 PM (62 replies)
  • saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 9:25 AM

I don't know many sub-level 90 legends there are I agree that it's a big disadvantage to arrive in the legend tier and not be able to us the same equipment all the existing players (who are better than you anyway) are using.

I am still nearly 200,000 XP off level 90 which is about double my current level. Based on the fact it took me 6 months to get to level 84 then I could well be spending the next 6 months without being able to use the R11s.

Tier-based clubs the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned ;)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 9:45 AM

Wait until you see how many points are needed between levels once you get over that level 90. It is almost 200,000 between level 94 and 95. Some folks who are up into the 100 plus levels, must never sleep, or have auto play. lol.

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 9:59 AM

Sure, but the highest level required for clubs is I believe 94.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 10:58 AM

yeah buddy, we're pretty much in the same boat .. big kudos on reaching Legend !!

i found myself @ Legend by lvl78 .. severely under clubbed IMO .. 

since then picked up the Burner 2.0's & lvl81 G20 drivers which helped alot .. but it irks me that i can't get mt grubby mits on the R11's while watching some lvl90 TP using those off the closer tees .. these clubs should be available to all in the Legend+ tiers .. wait, just realised i'm talkin' to the wall .. 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 11:08 AM

saltiresfan:

I don't know many sub-level 90 legends there are I agree that it's a big disadvantage to arrive in the legend tier and not be able to us the same equipment all the existing players (who are better than you anyway) are using.

I am still nearly 200,000 XP off level 90 which is about double my current level. Based on the fact it took me 6 months to get to level 84 then I could well be spending the next 6 months without being able to use the R11s.

Tier-based clubs the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned ;)

Couldn't agree more 61.02 @ the moment so a 6 under & up I go..however no R11 Irons (50,000) more points,no R11s (guessing 800,000+)or 1 year,took me 6 months to get L89 points..On the other hand I love a challenge (won't be playing ready-go's/credit games for long while I think...food for thought wgt ? bring all clubs to Legends or more people will do what most of this thread has been about & stay a Master/T/M till equipe is avaliable & then decide what to do ? ) Anyway I digress..looks like I will have to get 'real better, real quick'.At least my long iron game should be 'tip top' by L94 ? Andy...ps.didn't notice,well done Legend.

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 11:12 AM

Yup, no RG entries from me for the foreseeable future!

Kinda wish I had actually won an RG at TM now rather than consistently lost credits.

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 4:43 PM

not a fan off the 500 games to stabilize.shot a 30.went down 1 tenth.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 7:04 PM

I really wonder if the clubs are all that or not. I have played a few people lately who have equipment way less than mine, They can still shoot your eyes out. I think, maybe, I could have saved a lot of money and still be competitive. Or maybe I need to know something I don;t know. There may be a trick to this game. I don't know what it is, and if it's not legit, I don't want to know. I'll just do what I can do and stay at the bottom of the Legend tier, or TM, or Master, or Tour Pro, or Pro, get my drift here. ??????????

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 7:18 PM

Yep. I have a lot of respect for those who have progressed to the Legend and Tour Legend level. They are far better than I will ever be at this game. I'm content just to plod along where I'm at, playing with friends, solo games and enjoying watching the game develop (I've been here over 5 years).

I do, however, also enjoy the challenge of trying to come up with suggestions to make it better. I believe there are always reasonable ideas that might help solve others' complaints about what goes on here. Sometimes they require the player to change. Sometimes they require WGT to change something. But, solutions are out there somewhere.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2012 2:22 PM

JaLaBar:

lee22sharon:

JaLaBar:

lee22sharon:
    One question for you, WHY?  My Nickle.

Because.

For the record, if your question was worth a nickel, my response was worth $0.07.

Hmmm, because?  rather juvenile.   Your response has no meaning therefore no costs involved.  Still my nickle.

You finish every sentence with this infantile nickel bullsh*t, including the inane misspelling of nickel, and you call me juvenile?  Refreshing to see such unabashed ignorance.  I'm impressed.

The question you asked was asinine, and you know it.  You know why, so don't ask stupid questions if you don't want to be mocked by way of reply.

lee22sharon:

Your response has no meaning therefore no costs involved. 

Kind of how I felt about your every post in this thread, except I was more apathetic.

In answer to your entry as quoted.

I do not finish every "sentence" with the infantile nickel bull sh*t.  Only after each completed entry.

As has been pointed out the spelling i use nickle, is an accepted spelling from the old english.  Research it and learn something.

Ignorance, yes, in many areas of knowledge I am surely ignorant, but then are not 99.9% of all persons ignorant in some field of knowledge.  A statement such as that also points out your lack of understanding and knowledge.  Somewhat the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it?

Hmm, your impressed?  not to sure it was favorably,  but any port in a storm!

My Question as to why some persons should not have full use of available equipment has been asked many times of many different persons who make that a part of their forum entry.  So far I have had NO response any more clear than your juvenile answer of "because".  I by definition do not find this query either "asinine, or stupid".  I want to have an intelligent reply to a simple question.

I have been a subject of mockery on only one previous occasion, and it was a form of playfull jest.  Should someone attempt it in some other form, well all I can say is bring it on.

I would prefer that you not be apathetic towards me or my writings, as it muddles up your true feelings in the matter, and makes it more difficult to understand  your thoughts. 

Now as to my use of "my nickle" as a sign off to my entries on forums, wall postings, or anywhere else.  If I have taken the time to read someones writings, and decide that I need to make an intelligent response, I consider my time and effort to have an intrinsic value.  If not to anyone else, at least it does to me.  To give this intrinsic value a reference point, I use Nickle.  Much as the term "my 2 cents" is used.  If you take such exception to my closing of my nickle, what are your thoughts on the commonly used closing of "keep it classy"?  My Nickle.

RSS