Forums

Help › Forums

The WGT Plan is working perfect.

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 29 2012 3:42 AM (23 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2012 2:58 PM

I will have a good round going, 3-4 under after 5 holes. Then the VEM will rear it's head and I lose a ball in some damn place I have never seen. Little screen pops up, this is your last ball, buy now. So I do. Then I will finish the game, raise my average another .7 and move on to the next game. My thought is, how in the hell did that ball go in weeds that I have never seen since my first game here. So I try again. Play six holes, the life of the ball is decreasing with each shot. 3 under again at this point, the meter zooms and another lost ball at Kia. Have not had a meter problem yet this game, until now. Ok, so I move on to Congressional, doing fine(by my standards) and then zoom zip pooffff, another lost ball, guess what pops up? Just a bad day so far I guess, but it is getting more common. As someone we all know would say, it's not WGT it is me. Maybe, but maybe not. Still enjoying the AS at night, but the stroke play will have to stop. Getting way too expensive, for what you get out of it.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2012 3:29 PM

Some strange goings on Ren. Yesterday i was playing the back 9 Best of famous RG and was -6 standing on the 17th tee (the par 3 10th at CCC) I had a 17mph wind in my face and it's 208 yds to the pin. I hit 3iron (225yds) with a couple of notches up from full backspin. Plenty to clear the water. I ding my shot and it lands short in the water. Now i know i've hit the right shot so hit 3 off the tee with exactly the same shot. Ding it again and it lands 2ft long of the pin for an easy bogey putt. So there it is, 2 shots hit exactly the same and 20yds of difference.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2012 3:45 PM

The drop is closer to the hole. I'd bet that distance off your 2nd shot puts it in the drink too.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2012 3:50 PM

Renni,

When the game starts to piss me off I switch out my clubs for the starters and play practice rounds from the closer tees. it's a great way to just have fun without worrying about the bad shots or lost balls.

P.S. I have the starters in the bag right now. ;-)

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 3:08 AM

sure is fun baggin' the starters from time to time .. after a round with those i appreciate the high end stuff again, bad round notwithstanding ..

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 3:43 AM

YankeeJim:
    The drop is closer to the hole. I'd bet that distance off your 2nd shot puts it in the drink too.

No it went 2ft long of the hole on the 2nd shot like i said. It didn't drop me closer. It was 3 off the tee from the same distance. In fact i was expecting it to go further than the pin both times but i didn't mind that because it slopes down to the hole and it's an easy putt from there that i've had hundreds of times.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 3:51 AM

plain and simple answer is you cannot beat a predetermined shot outcome especially involving a hole with water hazards or weeds.

i've seen this for 2 years now......the only thing that's changed is that losing balls in such a blatant way has become more expensive.

i do believe Dazza's 2 shots with a 20yrd deviation proves my point.

or as Jim would try to explain it might have been caused by a freak gust lol.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 4:42 AM

thebigeasy707:
    or as Jim would try to explain it might have been caused by a freak gust lol.

I didn't say that. What I did say is the 2nd shot was dropped closer to the hole. You don't get to hit 3 off the tee from the back pin when you go in the water. See for yourself. Go to #10 and hit one in the water. The drop is not on the original tee, never has been. Calling foul on the claim.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 5:16 AM

Thats besides the point, he  was 208 from the hole with 17 MPH wind in his face, he hit at a min. 223 there is no way he should have hit the water.

You tell me who is cheating who in this game, and people just over look it. It's not right and I  am seeing more and more people saying they are bored with the game and playing less and some have even quit.

If the information on the hole is given,then it should be correct , if it's not then why put it there in the first place. 

So it's OK for them to say a hole is 208, with the wind in your face at 17MPH,  but really the hole is lets say 213, and the wind is really 20 MPH in your face come on.

The skill should be hitting the ding or knowing how far off the ding , knowing how far to move the marker for a certain wind, not trying to second guess what WGT really means on that hole

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 5:47 AM

I believe what we are seeing as of late is wgt trying to keep the scores from getting out of hand by incresing the vem and deviation. Anyone who plays a great deal and says they can not see any difference in the game is just lying to themselves. As long as there is nothing better ,most of us will continue to play. When something better comes alone, many will bail. This is the first golf game I have ever played but from what I hear there were other games before this that are no longer around. It happens.

RSS