Help › Forums

The WGT Plan is working perfect.

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 29 2012 3:42 AM (23 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 5:49 AM

Woodoworkery:
    The skill should be hitting the ding or knowing how far off the ding , knowing how far to move the marker for a certain wind, not trying to second guess what WGT really means on that hole

Fair comment, The sideways wind on that hole has always been more than stated (bit like the par 3s on RSG) & I find the head and tail winds can fluctuate by as much as 5 yds on any given day..lol makes it interesting though ? Andy

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 5:57 AM

lonnieskinner:

This is the first golf game I have ever played but from what I hear there were other games before this that are no longer around. It happens.

This is true, I personally played one about 10 -12 years ago, It was pretty good had birds singing , was able to watch other players play and not be in the game yourself, good graphics, it was free and then they started to charge to play courses, and it soon went away 

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:22 AM

YankeeJim:

thebigeasy707:
    or as Jim would try to explain it might have been caused by a freak gust lol.

I didn't say that. What I did say is the 2nd shot was dropped closer to the hole. You don't get to hit 3 off the tee from the back pin when you go in the water. See for yourself. Go to #10 and hit one in the water. The drop is not on the original tee, never has been. Calling foul on the claim.

This was on the best of hardest. I'm not saying you're wrong Jim but on this occasion it was 3 off the tee in the same place. I always check my yardages and clubs thoroughly. It's part of my pre-shot routine that i always stick too.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:33 AM

Ok i went to 10th of CCC. I had 2 bes balls in my bag so used them instead of my Nikes. I hit short and went in the water. Here's my next shot

So your call on the claim is wrong Jim.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:40 AM

I tried it a few more times and if you go straight in the water it drops you at 107yds but if you hit the rough in front of the green and it rolls back in the water then it puts you back on the tee. So the 2nd explanation is what must of happened on the occasion i was talking about it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:42 AM

Have never seen it. Witness,too, the complaints about the drop on Kia 17 being in the rough or the sand. 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 7:08 AM

YankeeJim:
    Have never seen it

He just showed it to you!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 7:14 AM

Yes he did and try as I might, I couldn't get the free balls to roll back into the water. (Hmmmm-free balls have anti-water properties?LOL)

I think you're onto something there Dazza but I'm not sure I understand why it's that way. I can understand the point of entry into the hazard causing a return to the tee when the shot rolls back but why is it put on the original tee? 

Maybe somebody with knowledge of golf rules could explain.

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 7:44 AM

Congrats on 10,000 posts Jim.

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:02 AM

YankeeJim:
    Maybe somebody with knowledge of golf rules could explain.

I'm not certain, but... I believe that if the ball crosses the hazard line (somewhere short of the green in the rough) in front of the green, there would not be a point of relief that is not nearer to the hole than where the ball crossed the hazard line, meaning the shot would have to be replayed from original position. If the ball does not cross the hazard line in the rough short of the green, it is played on-line from where it crossed the hazard line in front of the tee, which WGT has decided is on the shorter tee box at 107 yards. I could be wrong, but that is how my memory serves me.

RSS