Forums

Help › Forums

View Redemption Bug

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 30 2012 2:27 AM (40 replies)
  • Spectreal
    66 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 5:57 PM

It figures and is completely expected.  If WGT is able to get paid an extra 50 cents a month at our expense, you'd better believe that a company which exists for the sole purpose of making money would do it.

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:15 PM

WGTicon:
    it wasn't entirely our decision. In order to continue offering these, we had to raise it. I didn't like it either, but I rather have this at these levels than not have it at all.

Complete BS. The amount of  greed involved in this decision is astounding and absolutely insulting to customers who use those videos to buy balls and whatnot. What about those who had credits banked before the changeover? The dollar they had yesterday is worth 50 cents today. Very poor business.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 7:22 PM

GlassMan27:
    Complete BS. The amount of WGT greed involved in this decision is astounding and absolutely insulting to customers who use those videos to buy balls and whatnot. No way around it. What a joke.

I don't (IMO) think so, as I understand things, WGT get's paid on credits members redeem...so if players are redeeming less credits that before, WGT gets less.

Why would WGT want less?

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 7:33 PM

MBaggese:
    as I understand things, WGT get's paid on credits members redeem...

That's your take, and I disagree. I would bet WGT gets paid by LiveGamer per member view. They are now just taking a bigger cut from those actually watching the videos and attempting to earn credits. This is another issue where a little (truthful) transparency would be nice. 

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 7:36 PM

I believe Icon when he says it was not entirely WGT's decision. Livegamer videos are advertising, just like any other advertising. Two different scenarios could lead to what happened today and neither one involves a bigger cut for WGT.

One, Livegamer was not getting any click-throughs since too many of us were just viewing for credits and not even remotely interested in buying any of the products. They determined that the program was not benefitting the advertisers to the amount that they were paying for it. If that is the case don't expect the requirement to ever be reduced again.

Second, they were paying out so many views and credits that they decided to test the waters and see what level of compensation the market would bear. If the views stop they might decide to lower the requirement again.

Either way the end result is that Livegamer has decided to cut back what they are willing to pay WGT for the program. Our ability to play this game suffers as a result.

WGT did an incredibly poor job of communicating with their customers, which is exactly what WGT does. As a courtesy they should have negotiated with Livegamer to suspend all new videos for a couple days and instructed the customer to cash out what they had as "the program is being adjusted."

So, it is what it is. Now each consumer here has to decide whether it is worth the effort  and how much to curtail their play. Looks like I'll be sticking almost exclusively to one CTTH game a day to stretch the golf ball usage. At least until some other means of earning credits is put into motion.

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:04 PM

Yet again, many here are inclined to give WGT way too much benefit of the doubt.

It was NOT an accident that there was no announcement in advance of the change, they knew for a good long time this change was coming.

Live Gamer has been ripping me off for the last 8 days by NOT awarding me promised views for watching" extra" videos, do you think WGT cares at all? what about live gamer? answer = no

WGT is a small client of LG, not even big enough to merit a mention. WGT had little choice, either go along or LG pulls their "service" In WGT's view,  a little revenue is better than no revenue.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:28 PM

FamousBeef:

Yet again, many here are inclined to give WGT way too much benefit of the doubt.

It was NOT an accident that there was no announcement in advance of the change, they knew for a good long time this change was coming.

Live Gamer has been ripping me off for the last 8 days by NOT awarding me promised views for watching" extra" videos, do you think WGT cares at all? what about live gamer? answer = no

WGT is a small client of LG, not even big enough to merit a mention. WGT had little choice, either go along or LG pulls their "service" In WGT's view,  a little revenue is better than no revenue.

You've just contrdicted yourself...

FamousBeef:

FamousBeef:

So which is it?

In your first line you indicated one thing, last quote another.

• MossyMayhem
    4 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:32 PM

You're liars.  I'll take you guys down in every blog and public site I can get onto, along with my facebook page.  You idiots just made an enemy and you owe me for 163 views of your idiot commercials.

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:39 PM

Mbag, what are you on about? There is no contradiction in the first line of my post.

There ARE indeed many here who go way out of their way to justify the many ways WGT mistreats their customers (sandbaggers, equipment level changes, etc) By the sacred arbitrary rules of the WGT forums i may not name them, perhaps you can guess?

In your second quote of mine, I merely posit a plausible explanation of WHY there was no announcement by WGT prior to the change that they knew was coming. WGT has an agreement with LG, LG drew up the agreement, agreements such as these have stipulations regarding things like changes in payouts, and the non-disclosure of such changes of which disclosure would "harm" LG. The harm being they would "lose" 50% by paying out all the saved up views at previous rates. Pretty standard stuff.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 8:40 PM

FamousBeef:

Maybe you should read this thread again. Who is "Many"? Exactly what is "too much"?

The lack of announcement you cite as a criticism is exactly what others including me have already stated. No one has defended them.

As for ripping you off and not caring, why should they? It would appear that no matter how much you feel slighted and how much you complain you still play a lot of games per day here. As long as you keep filling the coffers they have no reason to change anything.

RSS