View Redemption Bug

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 30 2012 2:27 AM (40 replies)
  • Kelsey12
    2,114 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 5:20 AM

WGTicon:

Hi

it wasn't entirely our decision. In order to continue offering these, we had to raise it. I didn't like it either, but I rather have this at these levels than not have it at all.

-wgticon

I was just bustin' your chops about the change - didn't mean to instill a riot.

Sorry about that.

• RojoYoda
    39 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 5:23 AM

RickySam:

Agree 100%. This is BS. As was mentioned earlier, why not go to a 1 for 1 redemption?.

Yeah 1 for 1 is fine! Had quite a lot of views stacked up ready to be redeemed. Now I'm going to get less credits than I was expecting..my fault I guess but like I said before advanced notice would've been nice. It's not as though the views to credits conversion regularly changes!

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 6:07 AM

I hope I don't start a second fire but I can't understand the idea of saving up views instead of cashing in at every 50 views? I always cash mine in at 50( well it'll be at 100 now) just for this reason. I was always afraid somehow they'd be lost or something. I'd rather have the credits in the bank instead of holding onto a large sum of views. I couldn't see an upside to holding the views and it appears WGT with Live Gamer has proven it. It's such a damn shame some folks have lost out because watching the vids isn't like having any fun but holding the views made no sense to me.

• supermann8
    38 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 6:20 AM

So As i understand it .....WGT is Getting more greedy

• WRWil
    42 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 6:33 AM

CerinoDevoti:

I hope I don't start a second fire but I can't understand the idea of saving up views instead of cashing in at every 50 views? I always cash mine in at 50( well it'll be at 100 now) just for this reason. I was always afraid somehow they'd be lost or something. I'd rather have the credits in the bank instead of holding onto a large sum of views. I couldn't see an upside to holding the views and it appears WGT with Live Gamer has proven it. It's such a damn shame some folks have lost out because watching the vids isn't like having any fun but holding the views made no sense to me.

In retrospect, this is what all of us should've done instead of  accumulating views. I used to cash in every 50 views too. I decided to "save" views for a new club such as the R11s driver. For me it was convenient to have a place to have potential credits for a new club instead of my general account . I'll cash them in now before it goes to 200 views for 75 credits. Obviously no way to know when that will Happen! Maybe today.

WRWil

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:06 AM

Or they change their system and old views are lost completely.

Happened to me once (only two or three views) but it finished my "viewing" history.

75 credits, that's 0.75 $, for 50 or 100 views, seems ridiculous for me.

• RojoYoda
    39 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:05 AM

WRWil:

In retrospect, this is what all of us should've done instead of  accumulating views. I used to cash in every 50 views too. I decided to "save" views for a new club such as the R11s driver. For me it was convenient to have a place to have potential credits for a new club instead of my general account . I'll cash them in now before it goes to 200 views for 75 credits. Obviously no way to know when that will Happen! Maybe today.

WRWil

Yeah I did the same..just keep a level of views in reserve! Lesson learnt..oh well!

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 7:09 PM

Sorry that we did not give you any notice, basically it was a fast decision of either taking down LG for good or make this change.  I too wish that we handled this better.

If you had a ton of views banked please email us

• WRWil
    42 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 7:41 PM

WGTadmin2:

Sorry that we did not give you any notice, basically it was a fast decision of either taking down LG for good or make this change.  I too wish that we handled this better.

If you had a ton of views banked please email us

I appreciate this response WGTadmin2. Who should I specifically email and what info. should be included?  

Thank You,   WRWil

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:38 PM

i think here ..WRwil

http://www.wgt.com/help-request.aspx

peace  gl gl

RSS