Help › Forums

SHAME ON YOU WGT!!

Sun, Jul 28 2013 12:55 AM (99 replies)
  • FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 11:14 PM

hyena64:

WGTicon:
    I just got the headsup few hours earlier and posted it whenever I saw a thread.

Bad business you only hearing a few hours earlier. Worse business for you to only post it once you saw a thread. We should have been notified in advance. And when you say it wasn't entirely your decision means it was partly your decision, & we deserve an explanation for this underhanded move & the way it was handled.

It's not an accident that Icon only found out a few hours before. The brass at WGT knew of this change well in advance, per their agreement with Live Gamer.

And no, we don't deserve an explanation. We are only their retail customers.

Didn't they pull a similar stunt a while back, by not announcing that the surveys payouts were going to be cut in half? A lesser offense to be sure, since nobody had "hoarded" surveys.

Go easy on the ad hominems, I'm just asking reasonable questions.

• Allen63
    364 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 12:02 AM

I'm not only disappointed, but a bit disgusted by the way this went down. Many points have already been made and I'm too aggravated to post more of my own. But suffice it to say, My play will be reduced and I'll think twice before I recommend this game to any more friends. Not because I will not be able to earn as many credits by watching videos, but because I question how much support I want to give the developers of a game that will do business in the way they have chosen.

Despite the fact I cannot play ready-go's or challenge matches I continued to support WGT and the "body of work" they've done to this point.. A simple grace period to cash in would have been the right thing to do...even a child would have been able to see that.

• tujay
    771 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 1:00 AM

MOUSE WHEELS 

At university while studying psychology, we had mice turning a wheel.  For every 10 times the wheel turned a piece of bread dropped was provided to the mouse.  The number of turns of the wheel to receive a reward was increased in increments of 5.  

When another mouse in an exactly the same experiment had the increments doubled each time, the mouse gave up and would not complete the task.

I have had enough of the replays and will not be continuing to view them - even a dumb mouse knows better.

• DrussTheLegend
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 1:28 AM

Reality now is that I can only realistically earn 150 credits a month ($1.50) from watching vids - (the 7 on the carousel that is - supersonic never really credits you).  THere are never any surveys and the special offers are never that special.

So to watch 7 vids a day every day of the month earns 150 credits and Nikes costing 450 credits - I am also giving up on the free vids (this mouse ain't that dumb).

I enjoy this game immensely - and I am willing to pay for such enjoyment - so I budget $30 a month on this game - if the balls run out before this then I play less.......

• Ositaline
    6 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 4:09 AM

Yasve:
    YASVE, one of your teenage members, not earning any income yet loving golf!

That's one hell of a good article there, I agree completely, and with many comments from other players also!

O.

• Gammapolisz
    18 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 5:48 AM

hyena64:

RigMan201065:
    How do i post in these forums?? I'm trying to figure out how two " pros " are ontop of the earning board.

Well, you obviously have the posting part down. The "pros" won a "random" drawing & got golf trips, of which the value was added to their winnings.

Which simply illustrates that an earnings rank that allows such an anomaly is, frankly, total pish!

Born of the desperate need to quantify just about anything, I guess.

• puskas70
    9 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 6:48 AM

This sucks a lot i rely mainly on wgt balls at 65 credits to play the game as the  other balls are two expensive ,i cant afford the high end balls very often ,if ive noticed one thing about wgt is they will do what they want regardless as its  all about the money and that is not going to change this is a money buisness if your down the scale forget it peace.

B

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 7:26 AM

GIMMMEEE:
    Give back to the Up n Comers, the battlers of this game n start taking more of a cut from the High End of town,,, why not start with taking a higher  %  from the Winning stake of Ready Go games instead of taking from the 'poorer' souls who play and 'support' this game..!!!

We donate enough credits to WGT through challenge matches & ready go's as it is without you wanting them to tax us even more. I pay 30c per challenge match (minimum) could be a $1 or $2 every time i play if its high stakes, so that means i'm supporting WGT not taking the "freebies" on offer.  Every one does their bit, no matter how big or small.  (+ after that i spend $4 a day on balls, so i could be donating $6 a day minimum)

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 7:45 AM

GIMMMEEE:

.. Give back to the Up n Comers, the battlers of this game n start taking more of a cut from the High End of town,,, why not start with taking a higher  %  from the Winning stake of Ready Go games instead of taking from the 'poorer' souls who play and 'support' this game..!!!

only problem i have with that is as Chris says......we already pay our rake to wgt.

i've never endulged in the freebie route and have no intentions of subsidising the vast majority of freeloaders who never spend zilch and who always call us idiots for spending money on this site.

not all folks who watch vids for credits etc are freeloaders i understand that.....but there are many who are just downright tight a$$es....will it really kill them to buy one sleeve of cheap balls every 2 weeks.

if folks like this game so much then maybe it's time to start coughing up cash for some folks.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:27 AM

thebigeasy707:

i've never endulged in the freebie route and have no intentions of subsidising the vast majority of freeloaders who never spend zilch and who always call us idiots for spending money on this site.

well thats just it .. i've spent loads on this site .. we, the paying customer, ARE subsidising the puckered-up freeloaders ... who call us us idiots for spending money on this site ..

this irony seems to go unnoticed to those who do the complaining & finger pointing .. who are the real idiots here anyway ? rhetorical question ..

if u gonna play this game for free, which WE, the paying customer make possible, then you forfeit the right to complain about anything IMO .. don't drop the "WGT-doesn't-care-about-their-customers" card if you aren't someone coughing up the green .. 

video creds cut in half ? boo-hoo .. play with the beach pebbles then .. if someone gives u a free meal, who are you to complain about the food ?? 

i understand there's people who might not have a regular income & i'm not referring to those folks .. nor am i addressing those who are merely watching their pocket ..

but what irks me are those who scrub together free creds without ever dropping a penny & then call foul for not getting the "customer" service that they "deserve" ..

are u friggin' kiddin me ????

RSS