Forums

Help › Forums

SHAME ON YOU WGT!!

Sun, Jul 28 2013 12:55 AM (99 replies)
  • ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:53 AM

All lower case, and multiple periods at the end of each sentence, a 'tell'?

So called  - free credits - are in fact paid for by the advertisers when they pay WGT to have their video's and surveys available on WGT.

The advertisers likely pay in several times more than all of those who buy credits.

Those members that watch the video's and answer the survey questions to get the 'free credits' are the main reason the advertisers use WGT,

Without those advertisers, the 'buy all my credits' crowd wouldn't have any where to buy credits, because WGT would no longer exist.

No doubt though, WGT makes it real hard to think of them as being very user orientated. It seems like they insist on using the Netflix model.

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:58 AM

chris5214:
    if u gonna play this game for free, which WE, the paying customer make possible, then you forfeit the right to complain about anything IMO .. don't drop the "WGT-doesn't-care-about-their-customers" card if you aren't someone coughing up the green .. 

I spent plenty of real money as I was moving through the tiers and learning the game. Now that I have all the equipment I want (until I hit lvl 95 in six months lol), I have no need to be depositing real money. I watch the videos while I'm sitting around the house. If I can earn the credits I need to keep Nike's in bag for free, why wouldn't I? I coughed up plenty of green along the way, and still do every time I enter a ready-go or any other type of game WGT gets a cut from. It's still free credits, and I will still keep watching the videos, it's still free credits. The problem I have is how this happened with no forewarning to people who had stockpiled views to use for balls or clubs or whatever. For some of those people, it was like WGT took a dozen Nike's or a new driver out of their bag while they were sleeping. There should have been some type of heads-up that this was going to happen. I've never stockpiled views (sadly, always saw this day coming), so I'm not really out anything. That fact that the value changed really doesn't bother me, the way it changed does.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:01 AM

I suppose I'm in the middle of the spectrum. I've made sure WGT offers me a free game as they advertised. I've never put out a penny of my own money to play here.4 sets of clubs and all the balls I can lose have been purchased(bartered) with free credits. I have so many credits right now I don't now what to do with them. I also appreciate the fact that WGT has offered us the opportunity to play here for free through the earn free credit offers.I understand their side of the equation and have no problem with a business making money. Like has been mentioned I'm playing for free, what the hell do I have to complain about?  If the views to credits changed, so be it. The storm will pass and we'll all be back to shot and wind deviation controversies in short order.

• RigMan201065
    2 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:08 AM

Thank you Hyena64.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:21 AM

ApexPC:

All lower case, and multiple periods at the end of each sentence, a 'tell'?

So called  - free credits - are in fact paid for by the advertisers when they pay WGT to have their video's and surveys available on WGT.

The advertisers likely pay in several times more than all of those who buy credits.

Those members that watch the video's and answer the survey questions to get the 'free credits' are the main reason the advertisers use WGT,

Without those advertisers, the 'buy all my credits' crowd wouldn't have any where to buy credits, because WGT would no longer exist.

not a grammar test pal .. 

you missed my point .. 

i also watched the odd video from time to time, which again wasn't the contention of my argument ..

the point isn't whether advertisers pay WGT for ad space .. we all know that ..

no further explanation needed i trust

• AiricR
    135 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:29 AM

CerinoDevoti:
    If the views to credits changed, so be it. The storm will pass and we'll all be back to shot and wind deviation controversies in short order.

Yep

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:30 AM

Once again the customers get no answers. We hear how management reads these forums daily. How about somebody but Icon actually telling us what is going on, he takes the blunt of everything here. I feel his pain. And of course in the next *ask mr wgt *session, this wont even be talked about.

From the last minute decision of not saying a word about this years british open not being available when management knew it for at least 6 months, til this and everything in between.

If there IS a PR dept., they should all be fired, if not, get one. All we ask is that you let us know what is going on when it directly concerns us.

• Yasve
    14 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 1:44 PM

TWOMINUSONE:

Yeah, just noticed that now. We have to get 100 views for 75 creds (used to be 50 views). Me thinks WGT is going down the pan fast. Why else would they jack up the prices so high, and cut the views so drastically. Im keeping my spending to an absolute zero from now on. Even the buy credits and get 25% free have dried up. Whats the situation WGT? why so miserable lately?

Well said Twominusone! I also thought WGT was booming lately so would not need drastic changes AGAINST players with few to none possibilites.

Yasve

• Yasve
    14 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 1:48 PM

2trueblue2:

It seems Icon is the only one with the balls within WGT to face us and attempt to explain why they have increased the views, it is very poor form , I dont  agree with what has been done,

Right on!!

Yasve

• Yasve
    14 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 1:49 PM

GolfDum:

A ridiculous change and sad to say the least.

Ridiculous, a very suiting word for this, thanks Golfdum!!

Yasve

RSS