Forums

Help › Forums

Boycott live gamer vids for views

Fri, Sep 14 2012 11:20 AM (174 replies)
  • UnluckyHarry
    31 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 3:07 PM

Typical! I started playing properly a couple of weeks ago and just bought my first club (Spider putter) with credits from tier rewards and watching ads. Looks like I'll be buying my next upgrade.

I do feel for those who'd saved up their views, that is rough.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 3:13 PM

LeonDelBosque:

Kelsey12:

Let's say there's a guy that puts a dollar on a landing a flight up every day, and all you have to do to get that dollar every day is walk up a flight of stairs. You don't have to do anything else - just go up there and get it. It's absolutely free, and you can spend it on whatever you like.

That guy gets paid a lot of money by large companies to put that dollar there, because they really want you to have it. And it's not "free," you have to work for it. Also, it's not twice as much work for the same amount of money, it's half the amount of money for the same amount of work

irrelevant whether the guy gets paid to lay down the dollar .. its still free for the guy who picks it up ..

"it's not twice as much work for the same amount of money, it's half the amount of money for the same amount of work"  .. which means it IS twice as much work for the same amount of money .. same thing .. mathematically speaking of course ..

not meant to be snide .. just sayin'

• skynyrdinards
    95 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 3:24 PM

Greed is a disease that multiplies as it progresses.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 4:07 PM

This whole sordid business reminds me of when decimalisation happened in the UK.

Yes, we alll knew it was going to happen, but it doubled the price of everything overnight.

Same thing here, your 300 credit callaways now cost you 600, effectively.

• EndaBunkers
    39 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 4:10 PM

chris5214:

EndaBunkers:

Kelsey12:

Let's say there's a guy that puts a dollar on a landing a flight up every day, and all you have to do to get that dollar every day is walk up a flight of stairs. You don't have to do anything else - just go up there and get it. It's absolutely free, and you can spend it on whatever you like.

Then one day the dollar is now 2 flights up on the landing, so in order to get that same dollar every day, you have to climb 2 flights of stairs instead of 1. It's still free, and it's still there every day. Just go get it & quit whining about the extra flight of stairs.

Quitting the game because you're not getting the same amount of free stuff as you were getting 2 days ago - that's pretty pathetic. No one is obligated to give you anything. Go take a computer design course, build your own golf game with super indestructible balls that float to the shore & can never be lost, then give it all away to everyone that complains about how unfair your game is & see how long you last.

Oy.

lol, rhetoric

Actually not .. one of the more sensible replies .. get a free meal & then complain about it ? tsk tsk .. 

although i agree with the contention that a heads-up was warranted .. communication remains WGT's problem

Well it all depends on what things you consider to be of worth. Yes it is free, but only if you consider peoples time to be of no value, if peoples time is of value then you are simply wrong. Perhaps it was not rhetoric, but it was definitly sophistic.....EB

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 4:37 PM

EndaBunkers:

Well it all depends on what things you consider to be of worth. Yes it is free, but only if you consider peoples time to be of no value, if peoples time is of value then you are simply wrong. Perhaps it was not rhetoric, but it was definitly sophistic.....EB

well, i look at it this way .. people mostly play this game in their free time, right ?

sure, time is of value .. that is to say time is money when you are working & earning your due .. 

how valuable is someone's time when they are not working & entertaining themselves on this site ? not much i'll wager, cause if they attached a value to their time spent online playing this game, they wouldn't be playin' this game to begin with .. but doing something else that will translate that time into value .. just like you translate you time into value by doin' what u have to do to "earn" free creds .. which can be done while playing a game ..

unless i'm missing something in translation from your post

• SexyBrigadeiro
    9 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 5:29 PM

It's not even a matter of boycot or not... It's just wrong and unfair - and they KNOW it.

• 9woodtothehole
    19 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 5:37 PM

Look for COBREA  on unreal 2004 inv

• SexyBrigadeiro
    9 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 5:39 PM

...and this is NOT my 'first post' - WHY EVERY time I try to post something it goes 'under review' and it's only posted HOURS later?!

WTF, WGT?!

¬¬'

• EndaBunkers
    39 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 6:28 PM

I kept my post simple so there would be no misunderstanding and now you are twisting words; i've read some of your posts and you're better than that. You have said that people have to work to be of value, and that time is money. You have therefore conceded the high ground. If peoples time is of value to them then you're logicly wrong; and you cant have it both ways. How and ever, let the people decide........

Secondly i wish to apologise for detracting from the real issue at hand; that is, wgt's onus to provide their regular patrons with some notice, something they still can and should have done if they wish to remain honourable. TY, eb

RSS