Forums

Help › Forums

Boycott live gamer vids for views

Fri, Sep 14 2012 11:20 AM (174 replies)
  • drbreeze
    7 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 12:15 PM

I'm surprised about this, personally I think it was poor taste and poor communication to us the customers.  As I have read many members had lots of credits saved up only to find their value cut in half.  It's too bad the communication was so poor. 

I used videos to supplement my ball needs.  It would be nice if they added another circle to their durability to counteract this.  Although I'm still going to lose ball due to choppy meters and water hazards.

On another note, I recently joined WGT Nation and to my surprise I received 3 lvl 33 callaways instead of the 3 top notch nikes I was hearing they offered for nation members previously, goes to show either they're hard up or getting greedy.

This game can get expensive enough especially for those who are not permitted to take part in surveys and such so I do hope there is some solution the management of this game can devise.  I understand it's free to play but I cannot understand the steep prices for virtual, virtual being the key word, equipment.  

• Kelsey12
    2,114 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 12:38 PM

Let's say there's a guy that puts a dollar on a landing a flight up every day, and all you have to do to get that dollar every day is walk up a flight of stairs. You don't have to do anything else - just go up there and get it. It's absolutely free, and you can spend it on whatever you like.

Then one day the dollar is now 2 flights up on the landing, so in order to get that same dollar every day, you have to climb 2 flights of stairs instead of 1. It's still free, and it's still there every day. Just go get it & quit whining about the extra flight of stairs.

Quitting the game because you're not getting the same amount of free stuff as you were getting 2 days ago - that's pretty pathetic. No one is obligated to give you anything. Go take a computer design course, build your own golf game with super indestructible balls that float to the shore & can never be lost, then give it all away to everyone that complains about how unfair your game is & see how long you last.

Oy.

• fabbybabby
    289 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 12:42 PM

IF YOU HAD A BRAIN YOU WOULD BE DOING SAME THING KNUCKLEHEAD.

• Kelsey12
    2,114 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 12:50 PM

fabbybabby:

IF YOU HAD A BRAIN YOU WOULD BE DOING SAME THING KNUCKLEHEAD.

I thought you were leaving?

• EndaBunkers
    39 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 12:54 PM

Kelsey12:

Let's say there's a guy that puts a dollar on a landing a flight up every day, and all you have to do to get that dollar every day is walk up a flight of stairs. You don't have to do anything else - just go up there and get it. It's absolutely free, and you can spend it on whatever you like.

Then one day the dollar is now 2 flights up on the landing, so in order to get that same dollar every day, you have to climb 2 flights of stairs instead of 1. It's still free, and it's still there every day. Just go get it & quit whining about the extra flight of stairs.

Quitting the game because you're not getting the same amount of free stuff as you were getting 2 days ago - that's pretty pathetic. No one is obligated to give you anything. Go take a computer design course, build your own golf game with super indestructible balls that float to the shore & can never be lost, then give it all away to everyone that complains about how unfair your game is & see how long you last.

Oy.

lol, rhetoric

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 1:14 PM

spitlist:

Here's an idea:

Everyone go out and purchase an X-Box system and a Tiger Woods golf game.  Then you can contact all your friends you previously played with on WGT and play against them on the internet through your X-Box.  After your initial investment, there is no ongoing cost.  The upside is that you no longer will have to put up with the instability of your meter that is so prevalent on the WGT game.

That's a great idea. Players can live chat with a headset and everything. And no meter trouble or cache clearing to speak of either.

You know what they say! All good things come to an end.

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 2:20 PM

I am a pensioner. Not through old age as I am only 62 this year but because I got medically pensioned from my job. Yes I have a nice works pension That pays my bills and food and yes the wife has her own money coming in which helps. But over the last year since I took up this game for something to do with my spare time that had been enforced on me, I have seen the cost of living going up quite substantially, yet my pension and my wifes money has stayed the same. 

We have took this on the chin and tightened our belts a bit, cut back on the bit of money we kept for ourselves for our small luxuries. AND STILL the cost of living goes up.

I used to spend an hour every morning going through the video's on wgt along with the surveys to supplement my playing here on a game that I have come to love and hate.

That is now becoming curtailed and in this it has impacted on the amount of time I am now going to be able to play.

I am only .94 away from becoming a Legend so was putting in more playing time trying to get my average down to the 61 needed. That has now been put on hold and I will stay as a TM for as long as it takes.

For WGT and LG to do this when people that love this game and play religiously every day is in my opinion pure capitilistic in nature and they should have a close look at what the implications might be.

My feelings toward them are so low at the moment that it has taken all love for this game away. If it wasn't for the great cc that I belong to and the friends that I have made along with the great social games that we have I would be in two minds whether to leave the game for good.

You say to us, WGT, ''stay classy''. Before you can expect us to ''stay classy'' you must first start showing some ''class'' yourself and remedy this atrocity. 

Mel

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 2:33 PM

EndaBunkers:

Kelsey12:

Oy.

lol, rhetoric

Actually not .. one of the more sensible replies .. get a free meal & then complain about it ? tsk tsk .. 

although i agree with the contention that a heads-up was warranted .. communication remains WGT's problem

• Kelsey12
    2,114 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 2:51 PM

chris5214:

Actually not .. one of the more sensible replies .. get a free meal & then complain about it ? tsk tsk .. 

although i agree with the contention that a heads-up was warranted .. communication remains WGT's problem

Thank you. And I also agree - a heads-up with maybe a "hey people, you might want to cash in your views before Tuesday" would've been nice. A little common decency goes a long way.

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 3:06 PM

Kelsey12:

That guy gets paid a lot of money by large companies to put that dollar there, because they really want you to have it. And it's not "free," you have to work for it. Also, it's not twice as much work for the same amount of money, it's half the amount of money for the same amount of work

RSS