Forums

Help › Forums

Boycott live gamer vids for views

Fri, Sep 14 2012 11:20 AM (174 replies)
  • thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 7:39 AM

at least they're still free.....it's better than nothing huh?

• Sage013
    133 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 7:51 AM

LeonDelBosque:

I hate to be accurate here, but the payout has not been cut in half (for the max amount). You used to get 150 credits for 100 views; now you get 100.

I got 75 credits for 50 views. Now I get 75 Credits for 100 views.

Do you get more in the US than in the UK?

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 7:53 AM

LeonDelBosque:

I hate to be accurate here, but the payout has not been cut in half (for the max amount). You used to get 150 credits for 100 views; now you get 100.

You've got to watch twice as many vids as you did previously.

• Flyinturtle
    262 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:17 AM

and you dont get 100 creds for 100 views you get 75 the same as you got for 50. so that is cut in half.

• KellyGreer
    448 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:56 AM

Yep it sucks big time.  This is nothing more than WGT changing the rules with complete and utter impunity and arrogance.  

Next they will double it again - and ya know what?  There's nothing you can do about it and they know that.

• SexyBrigadeiro
    9 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:00 AM

REALLY ABSURD!!!

I don't know WHY they did this, but I ASSUME it was because they think it was too 'easy' to gain credits by 'watching' those videos, especially if you have LOTS of other ways to gain credits, BUT...

I'm from Brasil (Rio de Janeiro) and I just CAN'T take most of the surveys, because I never 'qualify' for them, after watching the fisrt questions - so I never get credits from them - and also all the other videos in the 'MORE OFFERS' tab rarely appear to me - probably because I live where I live - because they always say there are no avaliable videos for my location...

So, long story short: Watching those damn 7 videos from the carroussel was my BIGGEST credits incoming and still I'm lucky when I'm able to get a little less than 100 (A HUNDRED) credits per WEEK - yep, this is the best I can do (and most of the time I get only those 75 credits by watching 50 videos) per week, so... they pretty much fucked me up - GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

NOT fair, NOT right - especially by doing it 'out of the blue', without announcing that to the players - VERY nice... NOT!!!

And I hope they, at least, find a way to offer more credits to the people outside the USA, because it's just not fair that the best I can do now is to get about 30 credits per week only... - it takes me FOREVER to try and buy new equipment...

=/

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:17 AM

Well, so much for those free videos.  2 views paid to watch a 10 to 14 minute video?  I think not!  Not to mention the 100 views now needed to earn 75 credits.. you're kidding, right?

WGT can do anything they want... it's up to the players to keep on watching or just stop.

I for one, am not watching anymore.

• bladelad
    147 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:02 AM

We the good customers.......well and truly shafted!.

• assinthehole
    6 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:13 AM

Ya! and thanks for the warning. had 40 unused views i would have cashed in at old rate.I am definetly boycotting.Time to get use to using cheap balls. ( Advertisers get use to less exposure for the $ your paying.) The good side is I wont mind losing cheap balls because of  wgt's jumping swing meter ongoing problem.  BOYCOTT! BOYCOTT !BOYCOTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Aidanspa
    385 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 10:24 AM

Agreed that doubling the required viewings for the same number of credits is ludicrous.  Part of my routine every visit here is acquiring free credits, but i won't waste my time any longer on the live gamer vids.

Yes, it's better than nothing, but just barely.  There are a multitude of more time-effective means of acquiring credits than that.

RSS