Forums

Help › Forums

Boycott live gamer vids for views

Fri, Sep 14 2012 11:20 AM (174 replies)
  • WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 6:59 PM

Sorry that we did not give you any notice, basically it was a fast decision of either taking down LG for good or make this change.  I too wish that we handled this better.

• Ranski
    9 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 7:31 PM

Another A hole. Buddy and I use that term very lightly. I hope it gets to a hundred stairs and you get a heart attack getting up them and hopefully you aren't dead from it and you fall down them alive. Again just another a hole

• riskplayer
    253 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 7:33 PM

Thanks for the stand up reply.

• woodworkerjunkie
    237 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:00 PM

Glad to see someone else from WGT replying to this thread. I know that WGT is a business... ITS YOUR BUSINESS!  And I know alot goes on behind the scenes that no one even knows about. By your own explanation, you can not allow another company demand something from you or else!  I'm sorry, but I would have shown LG the door, with a footprint on their butt! Then I would have put up notices, apologising to my customers for the situation, and then proceed to find another company to replace LG. I would have done something to make it up to my customers and took the hit!  You should have at the very minimum, been able to negotiate a time table to allow players  to cash in their views for credits, before the change took place. If LG was not willing to negotiate on that point, OUT THE DOOR THEY GO...PERIOD!  I believe most of your customers would have understood, if you had booted them out and you explained what happened. Most would have probably been happy to take the loss, realizing you were trying to protect their interest. You are letting another company destroy YOUR BUSINESS for you! You have pissed off a lot of customers, and without customers, there will be no WGT. You have to remember this is YOUR BABY, you have to take care of it, because no one else will. Don't let another company destroy what you have worked so hard to build. Your commitment should be to your customers and employees first and foremost! If it was to happen that you had pissed off so many customers that you lost your business, and WGT ceased to exist... do you really think LG would care? 

I had a business of my own and had to close it in 2006, due to a larger company (my supplier) trying to decide, how I should run my business. Don't let this happen to you!

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 8:18 PM

.....................................................................................

832 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 6:59 PM

Sorry that we did not give you any notice, basically it was a fast decision of either taking down LG for good or make this change.  I too wish that we handled this better.

..............................................................................................

THX... an apology goes along way with me... 

i will get over the cred loss.. and continue to enjoy the virtual golf..

peace

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:27 PM

LOLserver:

Well, after seeing the new amount of views to get credits, I do not feel bad any longer about earning lost of free credits with the surveys...I have not spend a dime here since nov 2010...lol.

Thats not rue. My time is worth more then money is yours?

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:39 PM

WGTadmin2:

Thanks for the apology, that shows some class.  Now the right thing to do would be to compensate those who had saved views and were planning to cash them in later.  I always cashed mine in on the spot after getting 50, but those who didn't shouldn't be punished for saving theirs.  I do realize that you may not have a way to know who had been saving, but if you do know, those folks should get some compensation.

Thanks again for the apology and we're trying to keep it classy here.

edit:  I just read in another of the many threads on the subject that you said for those who had saved a ton of views to email you...good move and I hope everything works out for the best.

• spaceghost88
    1,624 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2012 9:45 PM

FamousBeef:

pjctas0822:

The people who had their credits building up should be compensated. But my question is ...Why would you build up views and not cash in at the max credit buy out each time? You could have built up your credits not your views. That doesn't make sense to me.

I wont mention names but there are some that used to tell me to pretty much shutup in so many words when I complained about surveys and videos. But now it affects them and all that I said in the past was on point so now I can talk? WOW.

Good luck on this move.

I agree with the top paragraph, when LG was at least awarding views for vids that I watched, I cashed them in right away, always fearing they would "disappear" (800 views? what 800 views?)

Bottom paragraph, I think i can guess who some of those people were. Some in this thread pehaps.

To the clever "boycotters", use the entire definition, don't cherry pick the part you like and omit the remaining part of it.

And where the heck is Icon to delete those idiotic and insulting posts anyway?

toataly agree they should be comped for there creds for sure !!

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 2:39 AM

EndaBunkers:

I kept my post simple so there would be no misunderstanding and now you are twisting words; i've read some of your posts and you're better than that. You have said that people have to work to be of value, and that time is money. You have therefore conceded the high ground. If peoples time is of value to them then you're logicly wrong; and you cant have it both ways. How and ever, let the people decide........

Secondly i wish to apologise for detracting from the real issue at hand; that is, wgt's onus to provide their regular patrons with some notice, something they still can and should have done if they wish to remain honourable. TY, eb

didn't mean to twist words EB .. just applied my point of view to the post ..

i didn't mean to infer that people need to work to be of value .. of course not .. i simply meant that if people feel it's a waste of their time to hunt down free creds, then simply kill two birds with one stone & play a game whilst running the vids in the background .. cause just spending time behind the screen repetitively watching vids also seems like a waste of time to me .. considering one is doing it in his/her free time i assume .. play a game or two .. i've done this a few times myself when i'm 20 or 30 creds short of a sleeve .. or, just buy creds ..

my contention was simply if people do all this for the sake of entertainment, then how could it be regarded as a waste of time ? .. to each their own i guess .. these kinda opnions, mine, yours, anybody's i guess, are subjective at best ..

peace

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 2:52 AM

LeonDelBosque:

Kelsey12:

Let's say there's a guy that puts a dollar on a landing a flight up every day, and all you have to do to get that dollar every day is walk up a flight of stairs. You don't have to do anything else - just go up there and get it. It's absolutely free, and you can spend it on whatever you like.

That guy gets paid a lot of money by large companies to put that dollar there, because they really want you to have it. And it's not "free," you have to work for it. Also, it's not twice as much work for the same amount of money, it's half the amount of money for the same amount of work

One of the few times i agree with you, Leon, or maybe you you agree with me? god forbid

to all these posters who say its all free so its all good, get real. My time and effort isn't free. when i get 1/2 the reward for the the same effort that is a 50% pay cut. period.

what are they teaching in schools these days? new math?

WGT competes with many other games that I could be playing (and in fact, do play when i am not here) to occupy my entertainment hours and my dollars. To name a few D3, WOW, WoT, MWO, TF2, CS:S, Dota2, L4D, L4D2, Peggle, Bejeweled, Chess,  etc, ad infinitum. 

All you guys claiming "boycott" and beating up on me are just silly. red herring FTW

All you self righteous boycotters are barking up the wrong tree.

Try this thread

RSS