Forums

Help › Forums

Boycott live gamer vids for views

Fri, Sep 14 2012 11:20 AM (174 replies)
  • CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 1:35 PM

PaulH0070:

best approach i can think of is just submitting our opinion on the vids with no stars, kind of a way of protesting but still getting the views while saying we don't give a **** about what's being shown. 

but then again i suppose that will result in adds being pulled due to no interest. face it guys, we're screwed and sadly there's not a damn thing we can do about it :-(

I've done my best to feign interest in the sponsors of the videos all along. No interest means they'll be gone. Venting then getting over it would be my best advice.

BTW, while all the dust has been storming up, I've gotten over 400 views in 24 hours.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 2:37 PM

400 views used to get you 600 credits...now they get you 300.  Pretty radical plunge in value, but c'est la vie I guess.

Surveys are a different story, much more efficient for the time involved.  I just finished one for 293 credits that took about 10 minutes.  The sad thing is that I know many members outside the US have little or no access to them...they rely mainly on viewing live gamer vids.

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 7:38 PM

Let's break it down. WGT gets paid REAL money every time one of us watches a LiveGamer video. In return for watching those videos, we receive WGT credits. Those credits can be used only for virtual items from WGT. Those virtual items do not cost WGT a dime once the thirty or so minutes is spent on programming those items into the game. Many of those virtual items degrade hit by hit. Others lose their performance values whenever a more expensive item is due to be introduced. Free is free, but no way this was done for any reason other than greed. 

PaulH0070:
    face it guys, we're screwed and sadly there's not a damn thing we can do about it :-(

• blinddogbeans
    8 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 10:12 PM

Yes we got screwed and there is nothing we can do about it ....

BUT at least THEY COULD HAVE USED A LITTLE LUBE....

just a little would have  been  nice ..... greed sucks guys

jmo

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 7:41 AM

PaulH0070:
    face it guys, we're screwed and sadly there's not a damn thing we can do about it :-(

Yes there is. I may like a Ferrari's looks and performance yet have to settle on the looks and performance of a Kia (no offense intended) because of the price. Or a lack of customer support. Anyone upset enough about the issues here can settle for playing a different golf game. The consumer still has control of his own situation in this industry.

• SexyBrigadeiro
    9 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2012 7:36 PM

WHAT are these '400 views for 300 credits in 24 hours' you guys are talking about?!

HOW and WHERE can I get them?

I'm from Brasil and I'm SO pissed off about all of this sh1t because my main credits incoming USED to be those Live Gamer vids and now I don't know how to keep getting credits, because in here, we almost never get surveys to do - and when we do, after answering 3 or 4 questions they say we haven't qualified to them and... that's it! No credits at all!

So, now the 'best' I can do is to get about 75 credits in every TWO weeks - COME ON!!!

¬¬'

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 9:45 AM

Sexy- With WGT being based in the United States the opportunities for United States based videos are much more plentiful. Even within the U.S.A. the numbers vary from state to state or region to region.

• SexyBrigadeiro
    9 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2012 10:23 AM

@ srellim234

Thanks for your answer, mate!

And it's REALLY a shame I'm stuck with those 75 credits for each TWO weeks... - yay... NOT.

Congrats WGT, Live Gamer and greedy - satan is probably laughing right now...

('bye, bye, Miss American Pie...')

¬¬'

-

youtube.com/SexyBrigadeiroGames

• PaulH0070
    1,339 Posts
    Wed, Sep 5 2012 11:17 AM

a miracle has happened!.......................i've reached enough views to get some credits, lol

as a side note, has anyone (i'm guessing outside the US) noticed the extra credit videos that appear in the 'take survey' tab no longer work?

get some bull like the offer has been pulled (even though it's just appeared) or the video is no longer available (why??) more trimming by WGT, nice one ;-)

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Sep 5 2012 3:13 PM

Many here will not like what i have to say ,here at first,i said in my Head ,thats it Boycott. Not fair not nice of WGT,,,,, Then ,i told myself , how can i now get free credits.Surveys  i live in Quebec ,Canada ,,,,and i am 61 , i dont need to tell any one ,that the people providing them surveys are looking for a   much younger groupe of custumer ...in one month  i see 12 surveys to take part in ,  with one result  , ty here is 5 credits in 11 of those , better then in the beggining where i would completed  one and be kick out  30 min in on the last question.  I  Have no choice i need the Carousel ,to get myself 3 good ball now and then ,now its going to take much longer ..........But i will not boycott  some thing free    for all  .Frapp     

RSS