Forums

Help › Forums

Boycott live gamer vids for views

Fri, Sep 14 2012 11:20 AM (174 replies)
  • mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 9:05 PM

FamousBeef is hoisted on his own petard.  If enough of us stop using live gamer we've at least sent a message.  I don't care if you call it Bob's yer uncle, it is by definition a boycott.

• vitoandolini
    175 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 9:27 PM

No boycott here. I just sent them a request to delete my account.

• spitlist
    119 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 9:47 PM

It's as simple is this:  If it takes more time to save up enough credits to buy more balls, it only means that fewer rounds will be played.  How could WGT possibly think this would be good for their business?

• Allen63
    364 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 9:55 PM

Bad form WGT. Simply bad form. As someone who CANNOT play for credits and has dropped literally hundreds of dollars on this game, to devalue something that I had already earned is akin to legally stealing (oxymoronic in essence, I know).

I had almost 200 views in the bank and to get on tonight and find they had been reduced to half their value is an insult...period.

According to the terms and conditions, WGT was well within their rights to implement this move, but to do it without notice is a huge pile of that foul smelling stuff that comes out of the backside of a male bovine.

No doubt there will be many who see this evolution and will cash in their views for whatever pittance they can get. This will simply accelerate the ends WGT wishes to achieve (i.e. clearing the slate of unredeemed vids), but not doing it puts all the liability on the actual players to finance their ball habit.

This is a petty, underhanded, insulting business move. My future in this game is in question now. Not because I can't afford it, but because of the apparent lack of appreciation and respect WGT has for some of its long-standing members.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 10:13 PM

Fuzzygazz:

A little heads up like when you said the driver level was going up. We didn't hear you on this one.

Best post IMO

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 10:13 PM

not nice  what  is going on  ,  what,s next  ball we paid  200 credits for  will be 300 ,  the Carousel  was fine  we got used to it , now is it worth it  to wait 2 months to get  300 credits for 3 ball that will last 4 days if you lucky ,,,,,,    not nice  at all     ,   WGT   should see all the desapointed  players, we not all rich you know , think  about this   ......... 

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 10:29 PM

I doubt people will stop watching the videos based on payout amounts. Its still free afterall but very time consuming. Yes less rounds will be played by people who cant afford it as one poster said.

But if WGT combats the amount of videos viewed issued they could counteract the sponsors decisions if in fact WGT has been pressured into this situation . I dont think they were though because that actually would make no sense. Guess they think we are all dumb gamers huh?

The people who had their credits building up should be compensated. But my question is ...Why would you build up views and not cash in at the max credit buy out each time? You could have built up your credits not your views. That doesn't make sense to me.

I wont mention names but there are some that used to tell me to pretty much shutup in so many words when I complained about surveys and videos. But now it affects them and all that I said in the past was on point so now I can talk? WOW.

Good luck on this move.

• Timmytoastman
    567 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 10:36 PM

Well Folks, I have been in a kind of funk lately. Not that I can't score well, but not good enough to compete with anyone winning anything on here! Now if I have to go back to using free balls I feel I may just give it up. Not that I'm a quitter or anything, but that will probably take what enjoyment I get out of shooting 5 or 6 under out of the picture. And my passion for this game has been waning lately anyway! Maybe I'll take a break for a while, check back here and there and see if anything changes. Maybe, in my dreams anyway, WGT will get there heads out of their proverbial butts someday. I'm with you MGK, maybe we all need a break!!!

• spaceghost88
    1,624 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 11:09 PM

reply retracked ! did not now the extent of the situation wow bmmr itz gonna hurt all parties too bad ;[

RSS