Forums

Help › Forums

MAX balls

Sun, Sep 14 2014 5:30 PM (199 replies)
  • TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Fri, Sep 28 2012 3:10 PM

pjctas0822:

The slower meter seems to jitter moreso then the faster metered balls . Dont know wht that is but thats how it works for me on my computer. I said before that the NIKE level 71 ball fits my G20's best . I guess if the faster metered R11's are to be used then the black ball is best . Its all a matter of preference if you ask me because I have played legends that use the unlimited ball and know how to use them.

using the SM Calloway with my G20's---not as quick on the ding as I mentioned before  :-)

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 2:19 AM

pjctas0822:
    The slower meter seems to jitter moreso then the faster metered balls

Yes, that is because they stubbornly stick to the idea of calculating the movement in real time and with a slow meter, there is simply more calculations and a bigger risk of disturbance. That is why I roll my eyes each time they say they tried everything to get the meter right - they keep both culprits in there year after year (the live calculation and the fading of the meter bar that is known to cause problems on many machines). 

They have no programmers left in the team, just maintainers and adjusters. 

• blindpugh
    433 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 3:05 PM

dont buy them wgt are laughing their ass off at all those mugs

• YankeeAirPirate
    124 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 9:50 PM

blindpugh:

dont buy them wgt are laughing their ass off at all those mugs

PREZAKLY!!

It's a gouge. "Here, kid. First one's free." No reason in the world why that shouldn't be a 400 credit ball. 450 tops.

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 10:11 AM

Yes, that is because they stubbornly stick to the idea of calculating the movement in real time and with a slow meter, there is simply more calculations and a bigger risk of disturbance.

Nonsense.  The calculation takes maybe a millionth of a second.  It's way down in the grass compared to the time it takes to do other things going on.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2012 11:40 PM

bubbadork:

Yes, that is because they stubbornly stick to the idea of calculating the movement in real time and with a slow meter, there is simply more calculations and a bigger risk of disturbance.

Nonsense.  The calculation takes maybe a millionth of a second.  It's way down in the grass compared to the time it takes to do other things going on.

So the meter hickups are due to... what exactly, Eiinstein? It is a very trivial task, moving a meter, still it fails. There is a clue in there for you. Another one is that if you slow the meter down to half, it takes twice as many calculations to move it. That is how they built it. That is not how they should have built it.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2012 7:34 AM

bubbadork:

Thats calculation in technology terms is a lifetime as that is all that is needed to make an error. Bubba not for nothing but you come off as a know all person and some guys on here actually have real knowledge of programming. You should hear what they have to say before you go calling someones opinion nonsense.

Thats nonsense LOL.

• opyeuclid
    6,708 Posts
    Thu, Oct 4 2012 9:17 AM

look who,s talking

RSS