Forums

Help › Forums

MAX balls

Sun, Sep 14 2014 5:30 PM (199 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Sep 4 2012 5:56 PM

Just went to my room and tried one between rounds of real Roulette. Great ball if you want all pars. Otherwise, this ball is an over priced, total piece of crap. You can hit a Cleveland 80 with full bs and it goes 92 yrds. Rolls like hell on the green, but stops dead on a fairway. even with a tail wind. I want whatever the programmer was smoking or drinking. I won't have a damn clue what is going on and won't care. What a total screw up WGT. I needed credits anyhow, thank god these things were a promo. Plus, they are the ugliest golf ball I have ever seen.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Sep 5 2012 4:53 AM

Hey Ren-IDK if you have any system with roulette but I found a fun way to play. Since hitting 1 number pays 35-1, pick 7 consecutive numbers on the wheel and bet 1 chip on each. For 35 chips you can do this 7 times and the odds are very high that on 1 of those 7 bets the ball will land in the section of those 7 consecutive numbers. More than once and you're way ahead. If you go 0-7 I'd play Blackjack. :-D

• noonandrew
    4 Posts
    Thu, Sep 6 2012 12:17 PM

Also, seriously unhappy with these 'Max X' balls. The meter is plenty slow, but feels now like my mouse is in mud. Never clicks responsively where other excellent balls would have on the down stroke. I've hit more balls in the fescue with a full tick off the ding, when I normally click a few pixels off. 

Really, for 450 or 600 per 3-pack, and a 5-ball 'Feel' meter, I'd say these are not good value for the credits. 

Fankly, I'll go back to the Nike 20Xi balls for 450 or 400 per purchase. These are terrible.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 11:32 AM

I got a tube of both the Hack and Pro balls.

After getting used to the playing characteristics I'm scoring a bit better than with the Nike ball, mainly because of the slower meter speed. I'm finding them better for putting too.

Cost to benefit is something that will vary by player, particularly if cost is not an issue.

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2012 11:51 AM

renniw52:

Just went to my room and tried one between rounds of real Roulette. Great ball if you want all pars. Otherwise, this ball is an over priced, total piece of crap. You can hit a Cleveland 80 with full bs and it goes 92 yrds. Rolls like hell on the green, but stops dead on a fairway. even with a tail wind. I want whatever the programmer was smoking or drinking. I won't have a damn clue what is going on and won't care. What a total screw up WGT. I needed credits anyhow, thank god these things were a promo. Plus, they are the ugliest golf ball I have ever seen.

hehehehe,i totally agree with ya m8,i find i am still scoring the same with these as with top callys.pass the smokes any1.

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2012 10:53 AM

somewhere in this thread was discussed how difficult it is to break up club sets based on current programming, to allow individuals to replace pieces of the 'set' with single clubs.

well then, how about just allowing ONE more individual club to be added to the bag?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2012 8:15 PM

duffer19:
    well then, how about just allowing ONE more individual club to be added to the bag?

Count on that going nowhere. Totally against  golf rules.

TBH, if 14 clubs isn't enough something's wrong.  Just sayin'.

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2012 11:11 PM

The only problem I have with the set is that the PW is pretty much a waste.  I'd rather pick my own wedge regardless of the 3-9 set I choose.

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2012 5:35 PM

i hear you but if I can't remove a club from the set, which is within the rules.........who cares about rules lol

btw, ban the black .......as if the folks i run into really need to be getting inside 6 feet all the time

YankeeJim:

duffer19:

Count on that going nowhere. Totally against  golf rules.

TBH, if 14 clubs isn't enough something's wrong.  Just sayin'.

• canuck4everr
    100 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2012 6:02 PM

So if the 600 credit balls are for players that have 10,000 or more credits saved up , can i get this ball for 100 credits as i only have 1,000 credits  ??

RSS