Forums

Help › Forums

disconnect %

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 7 2012 8:12 PM (114 replies)
  • Bendeswede
    95 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 2:35 AM

Take a deep very deep breath pal....... the percetage has to do with quitters.... we all started at 90 % and after 3 games I was at 100%....I dont quitso I will remain att 100%. What level you are at is a different story,

Easy does it pal..... enjoy your play and talk less.

PLAY WELL and stay alert and hit when it is your turn...U will be OK!

• spaceghost88
    1,624 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 3:09 AM

hope im wrong but it seems if it freezes player does not load and you hafta quit then you get lower percentage ? ;[ and 5 min 2 start is silly dont get that at all ;c

• Barman732
    163 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 5:25 AM

Great idea..Now you can see who will quit and choose not to play with the person.

BUT...flaws exist...I was playing and everytime there was a loading problem, a 5 minute delay occured.  At 1 point, it took nearly 30 minutes to play 1 hole (foursome).  In any event, the person with the loading problem eventually dropped out and the game progressed at a normal pace. THEN, at the last hole (I was -3 at the time), I got the screen that said there was an error and to try to connect again.  When I did this I got a message saying that I forfeited the game.  This was not only not true, but now it will show a lower % rate by my name, let alone the fact that it was a good match and I could have won with a bird on the last hole.

Allthough it is a good idea, unless the kinks are removed, it's worse than having a quitter.

• GermyBest
    32 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 5:50 AM

io penso che 5 min siano troppi, le partite non finiscono mai.

• senec
    252 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 6:02 AM

Does this rule apply to multiplayer game only?what if you're playing by yourself in stoke play and you decide to disconnect from the game for some reason;surely you're not penalized for that are you?Hey maybe it would be a good idea,this way we would all have honest averages if we had to finish every game and we would think twice before leaving a game.I've had people ask me on the last putt,on the last hole"Do you mind if I leave now,I don't want my average to go up".

• RichGast
    351 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 6:13 AM

I agree totally with gmaster007 and it appears that they have it reversed right now because I started a multiplayer skins game last evening and it showed all four of us as having a disconnect % of, or in excess of, 90%!!  And I play with 2 of the other 3 players every day and none of the three of us ever disconnect from a multiplayer round, unless it's because WGT's server(s) couldn't handle the traffic and dropped one of us.  So I believe WGT has the %ages switched.

• SpikeMike
    51 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 7:05 AM

This percentage does not reflect a player's true history. I now have a percentage of 87% because I tried four Skins games yesterday that all had someone quit. This caused everyone to wait in the lobby, where the games were cancelled by the game program. Why were they cancelled? For five minutes of inactivity that we spent waiting in the lobby! The rest of us suffer a loss because one person quit, not fair.

• norscott
    7 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 7:12 AM

we all play bad shots at some stage during a round of golf but it should not meen quitting   it should make you concentrate and try harder i was once five down on front nine and came back and won the game on the back nine  it is possible i would like to suggest a resolve to quitters: as and when they quit put a block on them playing for say two,three or anythingup to seven days it might let them re-think what they are doing to other players.

• Romax
    1,876 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 7:31 AM

I think this is a great move from WGT. It certainly has some issues, but likely there will be a "magic number" for all genuine players who do not quit on purpose. It may be 87% for example and we will all get to know that anyone 87% or higher does not normally quit, but has been subjected to the same gltches  and errors we all face.

I personally have never quit a game on purpose, but like all have had to leave for some reason. I always present an explanation and apology when this happens.The real quitters will have a number that is obviously very low and nobody will play with them..Then we can say "mission accomplished".In my opinion it is worth putting up with some glitches in the system if the end result is an accurate read on the players reputation of either quitting or completion of the game.-----Cheers!. 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 8:17 AM

Romax:

I think this is a great move from WGT. It certainly has some issues, but likely there will be a "magic number" for all genuine players who do not quit on purpose. It may be 87% for example and we will all get to know that anyone 87% or higher does not normally quit, but has been subjected to the same gltches  and errors we all face.

I personally have never quit a game on purpose, but like all have had to leave for some reason. I always present an explanation and apology when this happens.The real quitters will have a number that is obviously very low and nobody will play with them..Then we can say "mission accomplished".In my opinion it is worth putting up with some glitches in the system if the end result is an accurate read on the players reputation of either quitting or completion of the game.-----Cheers!. 

Well said,in a couple of weeks the picture will probably be clearer..np Andy

RSS