Forums

Help › Forums

I'm Done

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 26 2012 1:42 PM (51 replies)
  • piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Sep 21 2012 9:44 PM

Is this your attitude in real life? If you don't find something easy then you quit. You sound like Homer Simpson.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2012 11:04 AM

Philly1000:

I'll go back to my Tiger Woods PS3 to play thank you. Have tried this game for a number of weeks to give it a chance. First problem; It's not conducive to much success when you can only drive the ball off the tee for 230 yards maximum. That may be realistic for someone who can only drive the ball that far in reality, but not for most. Secondly; It's also not very realistic when you can't read a green until you've either chipped on from the fringe or when you've actually tried one putt. What appears to be uphill is actually down on many greens, or vise-versa. Not realistic. Thirdly: In reality, when I'm chipping a ball from the rough next to a green with a typical wedge, I don't expect to take 2 or 3 cracks at it. In reality, one has to know the power you need in a deep rough, but there is no consistency on this game site. Unlike any other games system that I play on, you cannot get a feel for what you need, because it changes from round to round on this one. Enjoy your day.  

I took a look at your score history as well as your clubs. I'd say you're playing rather well with what you have. You've not shyed away from playing the hardest courses and you certainly play a lot of rounds per day. Perhaps you do need to read the FAQ just for some playing tips and game usuage ideas. Holding the mouse pointer on the aiming arrow makes the break lines on the greens appear. At that point you'll get used to reading the greens and the color of the lines. Another tip would be to not use the chip shot from rough around the greens. As you've seen it takes a whole lot more power to get the ball up and out. Try pitching or flop shots, remembering to aim left of final target on the flop.

This game starts hard and gets harder the better you get and move up in Tier. The vast majority here have been where you are. There's always great tips in these message boards that have helped me progress up the ladder. Look for them because we have many members here who like to impart what they've learned to others.

• tcz7149
    536 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2012 12:20 PM

Philly1000:

I'll go back to my Tiger Woods PS3 to play thank you. Have tried this game for a number of weeks to give it a chance. First problem; It's not conducive to much success when you can only drive the ball off the tee for 230 yards maximum. That may be realistic for someone who can only drive the ball that far in reality, but not for most. Secondly; It's also not very realistic when you can't read a green until you've either chipped on from the fringe or when you've actually tried one putt. What appears to be uphill is actually down on many greens, or vise-versa. Not realistic. Thirdly: In reality, when I'm chipping a ball from the rough next to a green with a typical wedge, I don't expect to take 2 or 3 cracks at it. In reality, one has to know the power you need in a deep rough, but there is no consistency on this game site. Unlike any other games system that I play on, you cannot get a feel for what you need, because it changes from round to round on this one. Enjoy your day.  

I read this and just had to laugh. Man all the virtual clubs I think in my mind I either broke or threw in the lake my first few rounds.  Just yesterday I hit a putt that went backwards, I'm thinking what next? Wasn't long until I found out what was next. The second hole on Kiawah, I hit the perfect drive, or so I thought, an all of a sudden it ends up in the trees left of the fairway and really short of where it was aimed. I hit the ding, played the wind and WGT just jumped up and slapped me upside the head. Ahh, well on to the next shot and drink another beer!

• ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2012 1:12 PM

Philly1000:

Hey there, you wanna play the best golf game ever then stick around, you wanna shoot birdies str8 away then play tiger woods on ps3, TW is easy as the spin you can apply after a shot can rescue any bad shot, on here you make all your decvisions b4 hand and then suffer the consequences

Yoy say you cant chip from rough well thats just lies str8 away, i do it all the time from green side rough(only if it is not more than the chips ball flight to the green).

Key to this game is to keep it simple at first, hit the fairway, hit the green then force your self to learn how to 2 putt from the green, dont go for pins str8 away just go 4 middle of green, this teaches you how to 2 putt from 20/30/40 ft and once learned will blast you forward in his game, once you can 2 putt from anywgere then go for certain pins and pick up birdies where you can.

Next to learn is how to get up n down from a missed green, if in rough then add 20% for 30/40 and 30/40% for 40/50 rough(this a rough guide and doesnt include up/down hill greens).

To me golf is drive for show but putt for dough and mastering the putting and up n down skills is essential.

Dont assume you always judge the shot right and the game is scamming you, 9/10 times it is the golfer who has mis-read the shot or has failed to learn from previous mistakes.

Oh and enjoy and try to have fun, if you aint havin fun then my advice would be enjoy TW and all the birdies you should get every hole, and if you aint -18 for 18 holes on TW then i suggest you quit that as well..

regards

ladzrls

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2012 3:48 PM

Why are yall offering help to someone who requires none? He said he is gone let him go lol.

• ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2012 4:19 PM

pjctas0822:

Why are yall offering help to someone who requires none? He said he is gone let him go lol.

We know he secretly reading this and if he a winner in life will wanna own this game

regards

ladzrls

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2012 5:06 PM

TOO FUNNY,   the very reasons that made this guy leave are what keep a lot of players here coming back.   

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2012 7:57 PM

ladzrls:

pjctas0822:

We know he secretly reading this and if he a winner in life will wanna own this game

regards

ladzrls

Yes I know :) HEHEHEHE

And exactly HP !

I can talk . I was a huge supporter of EA TW series for many years until the huge FLOP in 2004. Never looked back and quit online golf sims until one awesome day I fell upon this site.

I know I am rough around the edges in the forum but when people get to know me they know otherwise.

I am definitely passionate about this game :)

• navigater
    1,319 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2012 9:05 PM

I have notice,you have 10 posts to each ranked round.

RSS