Forums

Help › Forums

Let's stop this behavior !

Sat, Sep 29 2012 2:43 AM (34 replies)
  • Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 12:12 AM

I was enjoying a very nice stroke game with a fine lady yesterday; a L96 Legend.  After her shot, the game loaded perfectly on my side, I could even write on the chat with no response from her, since her side never loaded back, despite her winning.  I assumed it was simply another “unexpected game error”.  I closed the window hoping that the game would prompt us back into it, but no, it didn’t.  I simply forgot about it, knowing that my percentage would now drop from 97% to 93%. 

A few minutes ago, I just opened my profile and found this beauty that I can’t resist to share with you, a post from that fine lady saying :

- quote -

“QUITTER" 

JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE BEING BEATEN BY A WOMAN IN A GAME OR ANYONE ELSE THERE IS NO REASON TO QUIT YOU LOSER AND A QUITTER

- end of quote -

My only statement on that would be :  “Hey people … let’s not forget about fellowship … the real spirit of golf” (and should be extended to virtual golf too).

• rjs1969
    196 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 12:42 AM

I have played you twice quijotazo. you quit early in both games. what she says.......IS TRUE

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 1:21 AM

If you made no attempt to rejoin the game, then you quit.

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 1:43 AM

rjs1969:

I have played you twice quijotazo. you quit early in both games. what she says.......IS TRUE

Sorry to hear that RJS.  In the past two months the system behaved very unstable for most players.  Lots of disconnections due to the 11.3 flash problem. Even WGT admitted it and wrote an official post that most of us read, addressing it and advising temporal fixes that each player could try. You might have been a victim of another tech failure that made a player (like me) look bad, and if you need to blame me too, well, that my friend would be your personal judgement, a lot of players have quitted (or disconnected) on me and I don't want to judge any of them because ONE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT ONE DOESN'T KNOW, and you want to sum up your testimony based on facts that you don't know and don't have technical proof.

I always send bug reports (copy the text and save it on my computer for any further matter) when this happens, and yesterday was no exception; I even received a very generous gift from WGT as a compensation for this kind of inconveniences as a tangible (yet virtual) proof of my version, while that L96 player (and you) only have non confirmable versions.

We, the community of players are losing sense of tolerance and fellowship, specially since the % was tosed in the middle of our frustrations, creating caos, causing some to react with paranoia and "fear of the quitters", as if this game was a concentration camp where we have to struggle for our own survival despite others' well being.

I love this game and community.  And the things I love the most are FELLOWSHIP and GOOD HUMOR. That's my call.  If you just need to keep the ball rolling in the wrong direction, that my friend will continue being your free choice and judgement.

"We all want our kids to behave good, play fair and not fight over meaningless things in their sandbox ... but we forget that they just do as they see us doing"

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 2:03 AM

piztaker:

If you made no attempt to rejoin the game, then you quit.

Thank you PT.  Maybe I didn't put it more specifically clear when I stated :

"I closed the window hoping that the game would prompt us back into it, but no, it didn’t"

The game didn't freeze on me, it freezed on the other player.  I waited there more than five minutes.  Sent the bug report.  Nothing moved.  Then I closed the game-window, reopened to see if the "resume game buton" appeared but it didn't ... the game reloaded fresh new, into the lobby area.  Still waited a bit more without any movement and after about ten or more minutes of trying and wainting simply felt tired, closed the game and Elvis left the building.

Anyway, the "blaming", the "guilt", the "calling other players quitters", that horrible human decadent tendency to judge without knowing is getting worse on this site, specially since the % appeared.    WE NEED TO STOP IT ... That's my point !!!

I always enjoy this game soo much (when it doesn't fail tehcnically) and while playing I enjoy giving and receiving good vibes, good humor and fellowship.

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 2:28 AM

Oh, another important detail :

I started saying : "I was enjoying a very nice STROKE game".  Later I mentioned that the other player was winning.  On a "stroke" game that means that she had a good run to take to the end for rank.

When WGT functions perfeclty, on multiplayer blitz and strokes, if any player disconnects one can keep playing to the end, advance on one's level, rank and %.

It's obvious that in this STROKE game, if it was true that I quitted, the other player should've been able to continue with the game all the way to the end, wich apparently wasn't able to do, and receive the usual benefits : declared victory, rank inclusion and level points.

Just wanted to sum up another fact that demonstrates a "game error" and not a quit.

Thank you for reading and placing yourselves in my position.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 3:33 AM

Quijotazo:
    I always enjoy this game soo much (when it doesn't fail tehcnically) and while playing I enjoy giving and receiving good vibes, good humor and fellowship.
    I agree full-heartedy!

Your notes on Mrs. "blue rose"'s wall reflect this perfectly. I wish I could react so calm on false and rash accusations.

Hats off to you!

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 4:42 AM

alosso:

Quijotazo:
    I agree full-heartedy!

Your notes on Mrs. "blue rose"'s wall reflect this perfectly. I wish I could react so calm on false and rash accusations.

Hats off to you!

Yes, you handled this situation a whole lot differently than 95% of the people on this site (including me). True sportsman to not fly off the handle like the majority of us would have.

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 5:15 AM

Ok, I'm confused....

I closed the window hoping that the game would prompt us back into it, but no, it didn’t.  I simply forgot about it, knowing that my percentage would now drop from 97% to 93%. 

1- YOU closed the window.  Sure, you were trying to continue the game in hopes that a WGT miracle would unfreeze her.  But, what you really did was screw yourself.  You opened yourself up to game errors AND looking like the quitter instead.  I hope you learn from this and simply stay put next time.

2- How does one try and save a game by leaving and "simply forget about it?"  This is very interesting, and the part of your statements that are actually lending credibility to the other's attacks on you.  

3- How can you blame those that lash out at the apparent quitters?  Sure, maybe you got caught in some kind of innocent crossfire here, but honestly, I wish more people would trash the quitters.  Even WGT recognized there's a problem by trying to establish the percentages.  Quitting runs rampant through this place at times.  And, I for one, can't possibly blame someone for getting more than a little angry at either the player or the platform when their game ends prematurely.....especially if THEY were winning.

Think about it this way.  What would you do if some chump left you on the 6th hole of a real golf course because he dunked one in the water?  If this was the 3rd time in that week, you would report him to the clubhouse at the very least.  I would bet good money that human nature would chase that fekker down and give him a beat down Elin Nordgren would be proud of.....

• gwf2012
    5 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 5:48 AM

I don't know how many of you play real golf but if someone quits friend or foe Im stll playing thru to the 18th a friend will explain later why he left a foe will not .

here when the wife tells you to empty the trash and do it now! well ? its your option who would you rather have be mad at you? good luck

RSS