Help › Forums

Let's stop this behavior !

Sat, Sep 29 2012 2:43 AM (34 replies)
  • TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 6:18 AM

Choppography:

Ok, I'm confused....

I closed the window hoping that the game would prompt us back into it, but no, it didn’t.  I simply forgot about it, knowing that my percentage would now drop from 97% to 93%. 

1- YOU closed the window.  Sure, you were trying to continue the game in hopes that a WGT miracle would unfreeze her.  But, what you really did was screw yourself.  You opened yourself up to game errors AND looking like the quitter instead.  I hope you learn from this and simply stay put next time.

2- How does one try and save a game by leaving and "simply forget about it?"  This is very interesting, and the part of your statements that are actually lending credibility to the other's attacks on you.  

3- How can you blame those that lash out at the apparent quitters?  Sure, maybe you got caught in some kind of innocent crossfire here, but honestly, I wish more people would trash the quitters.  Even WGT recognized there's a problem by trying to establish the percentages.  Quitting runs rampant through this place at times.  And, I for one, can't possibly blame someone for getting more than a little angry at either the player or the platform when their game ends prematurely.....especially if THEY were winning.

Think about it this way.  What would you do if some chump left you on the 6th hole of a real golf course because he dunked one in the water?  If this was the 3rd time in that week, you would report him to the clubhouse at the very least.  I would bet good money that human nature would chase that fekker down and give him a beat down Elin Nordgren would be proud of.....

I and two other players had major loading issues just the other day. One at a time, we left the game and came back into using the quit and return method. Viola'....no more issues and we ALL completed the game.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 6:20 AM

TeeWade:

I and two other players had major loading issues just the other day. One at a time, we left the game and came back into using the quit and return method. Viola'....no more issues and we ALL completed the game.

probably cause you simply remembered to :)

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 6:30 AM

TeeWade:

Viola'....no more issues and we ALL completed the game.

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 6:45 AM

courteneyfish:

TeeWade:

Viola'....no more issues and we ALL completed the game.

Seem to have a thing for me huh?  

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 7:30 AM

It's not a thing, it's a viola - you should know because you brought it into the discussion!

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 9:46 AM

See what I mean when I talk about FELLOWSHIP and GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR ? The viola thing made me laugh.  In fact; can any of you tell me how do you publish a picture inside a post here ?

This site definitely is the biggest social fenomenon "facebook like" developed for golf lovers mostly.  We all have to do our best on keeping it as a friendly experience.

Bottom line :  Next time, if you are playing with someone and that person leaves the game, just give him/her the benefit of doubt.  No one here is God and can control every aspect of life and WGT.  So many things can go wrong that the only way to make it right is by ACTING LIKE TRUE GENTLEMEN/LADIES, holding our horses instead of unleashing hell on others just because we feel free to do so.

Good vibes every one and remember to play for fun, while enjoying sharing with friends and extrangers a game that make us all equal.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 10:06 AM

Quijotazo:

See what I mean when I talk about FELLOWSHIP and GOOD SENSE OF HUMOR ? The viola thing made me laugh.  In fact; can any of you tell me how do you publish a picture inside a post here ?

1) Be sure the picture is online, either on a random homepage or - if it's your own - at a common publishing site like imageshack.

2) get the URL, "direct access URL" in caddyshack, into your paste buffer,

3) open a post or reply and click at the green symbol "Insert Media" in the top row of the "edit" window,

4) paste the URL in the URL space,

5) set the size to 450 max,

6) "insert" and "post"

As an example, I searched a nice postcard (link) from your country and inserted it here:

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 10:36 AM

How nice of you alosso !  ... Not many people recognize Costa Rica's (my country) flag !  Thank you for your good spirit on this and your help with inserting pictures. Have a good day/night :)

RSS