Forums

Help › Forums

Low Scores, How do they happen ?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 8 2012 10:31 PM (39 replies)
  • Moaman
    11 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 10:09 PM

i admit I am not very good at this game wich I love as much on the computer as I dd when I was able to play on the rich green turf.  What eats at me is my inablity to get wit ni *** of some of the scores I see.

I have just shot my usual diabolic score on Bethpage Black and I see 53 leading.  How the heck can this be a realistic game when someone at the very least 17 birds and an eagle. All right its only a game but I ask.. "how the hell do they do it ??"

• Fubar057
    170 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 10:25 PM

LOL  u will never get a truthful answer. All u will get is to practice more, I've played close to 1500 total games and have never got close to that score either. 

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 10:32 PM

One way to find out 'how they happen'(the low scores that is) is to go and watch them shoot the low scores.

http://www.thedeviations.com/#!videos/c20h2

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 11:02 PM

Don't feel too badly....as a Legend with a 69.99 average, I sometimes wonder the same as you.  I've seen WGT members put up 17 birdies on Olympic.....which boggles my mind. 

But, I think if you'll look at the STATS and AWARDS section of the BEST Legends & Tour Legends.....you'll most likely see they have hit over 1,200 ranked rounds....many have hit between 2,000 & 4,000.  I even have a WGT friend who has hit 14,500+ rounds.  I only have hit about 700 rounds.....and I have a LOT of improvements to make in ALL areas of my game.  So, practice....and just continuing to try to improve each week.....you'll see results.  But, you can't expect to hit scores below 60 until you've played a TON of WGT golf.  Although, I do know of one WGT member who went from HACK to LEGEND in 6 weeks....but, don't ask me how he did it.  And there are many Legends with LESS than 500 ranked rounds....not sure HOW they accomplished that goal so quickly.

I know some members (take notes)...on various courses...and when they are playing CTTH.  I believe the putting aspect is the most difficult - I can't even putt on greens now unless they are "Tournament speed"......but, my putting sux...the BEST players have a (1 putt average around 50%).....and that makes a HUGE difference in how you score.

Before I played any Tournaments, I spent 4 or 5 months playing CTTH & ranked rounds on my own...just trying to learn how to use the various clubs and get to know all of the holes on all of the courses.  Even now, I tend to play Tournaments that have UNLIMITED PLAY....so, I can play more than once, to improve my score and standings on the Leaderboard.  I have learned that upgrading to good clubs & better balls has been helpful to me......STILL, have to learn HOW to best use those clubs in all areas of the game.

Be sure to watch ALL of the WGT videos....and there's always good information you can pick up from long time WGT members here in the Forum Section.

I took a look at your Profile....your STATS are pretty darn good.  Hey, you have 1 more Hole In One in ranked play than me.....and you have a "double eagle"...I'm STILL looking for my 1st one of those.  Hang in there...you will improve.  I NEVER thought I'd make it to the Legend Tier...and I did....but, I definitely don't consider myself one of the BETTER Legends....I need to hit another 1,000 to 2,000 rounds in order to improve my game!

GOOD LUCK!

Bob

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 11:16 PM

Moaman:
    "how the hell do they do it ??"

Almost every hole is birdiable. I'm thinkling that this is probably an UL tourney. Restart over and over until the target is achieved. Heh. Using the best equipment available, more may be spent in ball usage than is won.

Of course, there's also the sandbaggers.

• JAMESBALDINI
    266 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2012 11:50 PM

Even the pro pga golfers don't  shoot in the 50s

james

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Sep 28 2012 12:39 AM

JAMESBALDINI:

james

They could on here. It's a computer game.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Sep 28 2012 12:48 AM

JAMESBALDINI:

Moving the whole body and a real club is harder than to move the index finger.

@Moaman: Point 1 is that we have to buy length and precision here, and we have to wait until we're allowed to do so. High class equipment allows for other shots than average equipment.

Point 2 is experience, or practice, as others pointed out, including diligence.

Point 3 is individual ability, eye/hand coordination and whatnots.

Point 4 may be the IT environment, from PC to WWW.

• Timbo1984
    818 Posts
    Fri, Sep 28 2012 12:58 AM

The Pro's play a different course every weekend, they are afforded one practice round and thereafter they start the tournament.

This is after they have traveled from whichever destination they were in previously, and inbetween that meeting up to their contractual responsibilities...I.E. Signing autographs, or attending functions.

We have a limited amount of courses, we don't like our score after 4 holes...Reset. We can play these courses as many times as our hearts desire, and never have to worry about our swing being perfect or getting the "yips" with putter in hand. We are given the exact distance and wind direction to the whole and have clubs that hit more or less exact distances according to your personal adjustments.

It is believable that if your hand eye coordination is of a high standard, and you put in enough rounds to be in the know of how each course handles that these scores are achievable. I have somehow managed to score a 54 once before...If I can do it, those top players can certainly score same and lower on a regular basis.

• jstrappit
    79 Posts
    Fri, Sep 28 2012 1:52 AM

Also how do amatuer players have a score of 61.33 and are not t/master tier? how does this happen??

RSS