Forums

Help › Forums

Very close to posting names.

Mon, Oct 15 2012 10:09 AM (74 replies)
  • WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 10:18 AM

TheAceFactor:
    Short and sweet (and classy) I hope. : )

Definitely classy, but you missed the mark a little.

Here's what I posted:

WGTpizza:
    I encourage you to do some research on the matter and find what limitations/allowances companies are given when dealing with disciplinary action.

It doesn't look like you did any research on the matter, and you are actually offering a suggestion that we ignore the laws that our company must follow? In order to gain respect? I still suggest that if you feel strongly about this matter, to do some research on the aforementioned subject. We can't just ignore the laws of our industry. To be clear, I am talking about making disciplinary actions public.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 10:51 AM

Innocent until proven guilty. Once proven guilty or innocent, the transcripts are public records. Wesley Snipes was found guilty on tax evasion, he is serving his time in my little home town of Bradford, Penn. at the McKean county correctional institution. No lawyers going after anyone for disclosing this information. The rules of WGT are clearly stated, but seem to be clearly abused. I really don't understand the fear of retaliation, for letting the community know that justice was served. Unless, (I'll let the unless speak for itself).

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 10:58 AM

renniw52:
    Wesley Snipes was found guilty on tax evasion

Again, renniw52, I must reiterate my meaning:

There are laws we must follow as a business that produces an online environment where people communicate. I am not a lawyer, I do not know the nuances of these laws, I only know what we must do to stay out of trouble based on my experience in this industry.

You are welcome to research these laws, but make sure you are researching the laws that pertain to an online community and not general laws that govern general people. With that said, it is important to keep in mind that we have zero intention of changing our policy of forbidding "name and shame". Even if someone was to find a loop hole in the system making it legally possible, we are ethically bound to this decision as a company. You are of course welcome to disagree with our decisions, and even vocalize your disagreement on the forums, but we won't change our stance on this matter.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 11:59 AM

might be worth noting that said internet privacy laws will also cover topics such as who a players gifts things to....which is why wgt can say a player has sent a gift ...but not who to.  :)

http://www.internetprivacylaws.net/2011/07/internet-privacy-laws/

internet laws are quite strict nowadays.

tbe

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 12:09 PM

thebigeasy707:
    internet laws are quite strict nowadays.

An excellent contribution, TBE, great read. Especially the "Spaming and Defamation" section.

The community never ceases to amaze me :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 6:23 PM

WGTpizza:
    you missed the mark a little.
    I must disagree that "the mark" was missed by simply trying to bring to light the fact that  neither player that I referenced "intentionally"  violated " RULES" , however , disciplinary actions , (quick and decisive disciplinary actions) were taken , and no matter the outcome , will ultimately , in the end , be more respected than  not enforcing the very rules that you , the tournament committee, has put in place here. It just gives the impression that your more worried about losing a dollar  rather than actually "having an understood standard."

WGTpizza:
    To be clear, I am talking about making disciplinary actions public.
    I said nothing of the sort.

WGTpizza:
    It doesn't look like you did any research on the matter

Wrong , as well as rude and offensive to be blunt about it...and why not be...you were.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 7:13 PM

My apologies, TheAceFactor, I meant to offense. I think we are not understanding each other. The subject at hand was making disciplinary actions public. You cited that athletes in real life have had their infractions made public. That is a separate world of laws, which don't apply to our online community. See TheBigEasy707's post above, that article is a good read.

I think I understand your sentiment here:

TheAceFactor:
    It just gives the impression that your more worried about losing a dollar  rather than actually "having an understood standard."

And I'm happy to announce that a very clear standard will be outlined in the very near future. I am hard a work at a sort of "guidelines" for posting on the forums. With a clear expectation set, our moderation process will be a lot more efficient..

Sorry again, I hope we are closer to understanding each other now :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 7:33 PM

WGTpizza:

And I'm happy to announce that a very clear standard will be outlined in the very near future. I am hard a work at a sort of "guidelines" for posting on the forums. With a clear expectation set, our moderation process will be a lot more efficient..

Sorry again, I hope we are closer to understanding each other now :)

I wish you guys were hard at work on getting a better platform for this community. A forum that would give penalties to those who break rules such as myself, a forum that doesn't hang when you click on a thread, a forum with bells and whistles, etc etc etc.

Doesn't this community deserve a better forum? Not just guidelines and rules and kindergarten punishments?

Check out proboards and see a better forum with total free functions unless of course you want a private forum for WGT then there is a small fee but hell sell a few more MAX balls that will be more then enough to pay for that forum for a year :)

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 7:59 PM

pjctas0822:
    Doesn't this community deserve a better forum?

This has been a request for some time now. We will look for a better forum someday I'm sure, but for now it's more effective to optimize what we have. Changing forum platfoms would be an enormous undertaking, from what I understand.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Fri, Oct 5 2012 9:54 PM

WGTpizza:
    Sorry again, I hope we are closer to understanding each other now
    We are and thank you for the quick response. I love the game of golf and what it stands for and where it came from....just asking that you don't lose that within' the "internet world."

Ace

RSS