Forums

Help › Forums

Very close to posting names.

Mon, Oct 15 2012 10:09 AM (74 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Sep 28 2012 6:28 PM

Just played an AS. The game host was a Master, they chose the other Master as their partner. They birdied the first 3 holes, playing on Legend tourney greens.Maybe a good start, every drive was dead on, approach shots within a yard of the cup. My Legend partner and I didn't stand a chance. After the game, I looked at their profiles, member for only 24 days, 8 friends, of which they were on each others list. I can't believe that WGT is so naive that they let this multi accounting continue. I will lose against anyone and take it with a grain of salt, but not this bull$hit. One of them said, another Legend win P. If anyone wants to know who these folks are, send me a PM. I would let Icon know the names, but for what? One player has 10 rounds of 6 under par and 6 rounds of 28-29, in their first 24 days on WGT. Was anyone else that good in less than a month? 

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 12:19 AM

renniw52:
    Was anyone else that good in less than a month? 

Nope and chit how many are that good now ? LMFAO . Not me nor will I ever be and name them.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 7:09 AM

Unfortunately the only solution is to no longer enter any games with strangers you don't know through the forums or your friends. 

This is one area where I really question the integrity of WGT management. You can report it to WGTIcon or WGTPizza. You will receive lip service in return but no action will be taken. They are merely low-level employees in the organization and WGT is not a company that empowers people at that level. Not that they personally could do much about it anyway.

WGT makes money off the ability to claim a multi-accounter as two different potential customers when selling advertising. WGT makes their % before purses are paid and those multi-accounters are playing tons of those games. That also means an increase in equipment (golf ball) sales for those games.

Because of that, management will simply bury any complaints filed about this in whatever black hole they can find. It is simply not in WGT's financial interest to invest the money and resources to deal with the issue. They are leaving it up to the individual player to avoid the multi-accounters.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 3:27 PM

srellim234:

Unfortunately the only solution is to no longer enter any games with strangers you don't know through the forums or your friends. 

This is one area where I really question the integrity of WGT management. You can report it to WGTIcon or WGTPizza. You will receive lip service in return but no action will be taken. They are merely low-level employees in the organization and WGT is not a company that empowers people at that level. Not that they personally could do much about it anyway.

WGT makes money off the ability to claim a multi-accounter as two different potential customers when selling advertising. WGT makes their % before purses are paid and those multi-accounters are playing tons of those games. That also means an increase in equipment (golf ball) sales for those games.

Because of that, management will simply bury any complaints filed about this in whatever black hole they can find. It is simply not in WGT's financial interest to invest the money and resources to deal with the issue. They are leaving it up to the individual player to avoid the multi-accounters.

+100

• stevietwotimes
    1,327 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 4:04 PM

just came across a PRO who has been playing for 2 days and looks like winning a RG with a 29 on kia in high winds...oh boy..

he shot a 59 on kia 18 in his 2nd ever ranked round and a 28 on oakmont...WTF? its just not possible without knowledge of the courses and greens..

ive posted on his wall that i smell a rat in so many words.......

want his name? ..pm me.

come on WGT im sick of this bullcrap..

stay classy :)

steve.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 6:19 PM

stevietwotimes:

just came across a PRO who has been playing for 2 days and looks like winning a RG with a 29 on kia in high winds...oh boy..

he shot a 59 on kia 18 in his 2nd ever ranked round and a 28 on oakmont...WTF? its just not possible without knowledge of the courses and greens..

ive posted on his wall that i smell a rat in so many words.......

want his name? ..pm me.

come on WGT im sick of this bullcrap..

stay classy :)

steve.

Unless you e mail details to WGT you're wasting your time talking about it here.

• boadicea
    1 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 6:34 PM

Why does wgt not show who sent gifts to players?

It only says that they sent gifts, but not to who.

Would it show up players who have thousands of forum posts and friends as being funded by 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. accounts?

Very easy for wgt to do, they won't though, it would hit their profit margin too much.

Just remember that these "new players", are probably, very likely, to be new accounts by forum legends, who have to buy the expensive balls, think about it.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 6:46 PM

As many have said, that would be a wasted E-Mail. Better to just let your friends know through a PM. I don't play for credits so the game was no big deal, it was just so, so obvious that these folks were some of the top players on WGT playing under a different account. WGT is well aware of it. I should have left the whole subject alone.

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 7:13 PM

renniw52:
    Was anyone else that good in less than a month? 

I highly doubt it bud. I too have just did a little diggin' on one of my newest fans here in the forums. Said person did try to make it look good in the first few weeks but slipped up by shooting a 33 on their 12th day here and a 32 shortly after that. That was mid June. Since the beginning of August they shoot consistent 29 - 30 - 31's.  So within 45 days or less, they've all but mastered this game. 

Should this be pointed out to WGT Admins?

RSS