kiawah island

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 19 2012 2:46 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 12:53 PM

Hi there, 

so was playin a round there after not shooting there for a while and gets to 3rd hole and have  3.9 ft putt for birdie, it was then it dawned on me why i stopped playing this course, the putting views are bordering on the absolute ridiculous  on some of the new pins and it is shambolic to say the least.

I read a  reply to a post from WGTICON saying a 3rd set of pins at this course is a no no as it would mean them flying all the way out there again, it was after thinking of this reply by icon that i cancelled the game and didnt take a shot at the putt, why? , well it seams to me that if they had to go to a lot of trouble to apply a 2nd set of pins then why the heck would you not make sure that the new pins had most of the angles covered, it is insane to go to the hassle of getting new pins and then not cover them well.

I enjoy the putting on this game as making putts gives me the most pleasure out of all the shots  but to have to try and judge a putt that has a view that leaves it down to a gamble at times leaves me a little irate, so it is with this that i refused to even try the putt and just cancelled the round, kiawah  was my most enjoyable course but not now with the pins that have poor quality on the visual view.

Now i know that the putt was only a tiddler but seems to me that if i accept the poor views and bash on then im acceptin them and im not going to do that.

Super game but i think this game deserves bttr than the friday afternoon lets rush down the pub job thats been done on the views on the new pins.

Oh and the ball wasnt on obscure part of green where the camera man had to get wet n dirty, 

rant over

all hail the ryder euro boys

best regards

ladzrls

• sportsrockplayer
    306 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 12:59 PM

ok whatever

• ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 1:26 PM

sportsrockplayer:

ok whatever

Have a nice day sir

best regards

ladzrls

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 1:28 PM

all hail the ryder boys hehehehe.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 1:30 PM

IMO, Kiawah was a huge learning experience for WGT. You can't really base the game quality on that course. Look at how the mapping and views get successively better with each course they shoot. The demand for new pins was met using their existing stock of pictures. They said they weren't going back there. I envisioned them looking at the views they had and then trying to coordinate the best common point for a hole. They got 18 of them but some of those views are in places where memorizing the putt is about the only way to get it right.

FWIW, Tiger missed that very putt in the PGA Open.  ;-)

• bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 2:51 PM

YankeeJim:

They got 18 of them but some of those views are in places where memorizing the putt is about the only way to get it right.

If I need to rely on my memory to make a putt, then I am in big trouble...:(

IMO, the new pins at Kiawah were simply a consolation prize to the players here after WGT failed to produce a new course to coincide with the British Open..

I am in total agreement with the OP that the camera angles are horrible...

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 3:35 PM

Memory? Never mind, I forgot what I was going to say. 

• ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 4:47 PM

pdxdriver:

all hail the ryder boys hehehehe.

smiley face

• ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 4:49 PM

YankeeJim:

IMO, Kiawah was a huge learning experience for WGT. You can't really base the game quality on that course. Look at how the mapping and views get successively better with each course they shoot. The demand for new pins was met using their existing stock of pictures. They said they weren't going back there. I envisioned them looking at the views they had and then trying to coordinate the best common point for a hole. They got 18 of them but some of those views are in places where memorizing the putt is about the only way to get it right.

FWIW, Tiger missed that very putt in the PGA Open.  ;-)

Hi jim

i always take note of your views as they are very informitive and i usaully nod my head whilst reading your posts, however its not the overall game im not happy with on kiah, its the putting views on the new pins, i say why bother

if i did a job for some1 and left them with the quality of work that has been put into the new pins im afraid to say i wouldnt be gettin paid

best regards jim

• ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 4:52 PM

bearclaw27:

/quote]

If I need to rely on my memory to make a putt, then I am in big trouble...:(

IMO, the new pins at Kiawah were simply a consolation prize to the players here after WGT failed to produce a new course to coincide with the British Open..

I am in total agreement with the OP that the camera angles are horrible...

hey there

Exactly why im not gonna bother playing kiah anymore unless inviterd to by a freind for alt games, i certainly wont be doing a ranked round there as i dont see why i should have to try and figure out obscure angles, i dont mind missing a putt as its my fault but i at least expect to be met halfway and have fair chance of makin the putt by having a decent view

I would love to see rory or tiger make a putt whilst having to turn to the side to read the brks

best regards

ladzrls

• PAGES
RSS