kiawah island

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 19 2012 2:46 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 4:56 PM

renniw52:

Memory? Never mind, I forgot what I was going to say. 

erm thingyme bob says whadyamacallit erm whatshisname dam fuggit about it

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 4:59 AM

ladzrls:
    its not the overall game im not happy with on kiah, its the putting views on the new pins

Totally agree with you, lad, those views make you cross-eyed. One of the things that compounds it all is not being able to believe the way the dots roll when you have one of those views. Very frustrating and Kia doesn't get visited too often by me either.  :-(

• ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2012 11:48 AM

YankeeJim:

ladzrls:
    its not the overall game im not happy with on kiah, its the putting views on the new pins

Totally agree with you, lad, those views make you cross-eyed. One of the things that compounds it all is not being able to believe the way the dots roll when you have one of those views. Very frustrating and Kia doesn't get visited too often by me either.  :-(

exactly jim, i was thinkin about it to day and was thinknig just what you said that how can the read of dots and speed be accurate when your veiwing them, a clear  str8 view would surely be accurate but not one that contradicts itself

regards m8

ladzrls

• LegalEagle52
    24 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 10:32 AM

My disappointment in the second set of pins on Kiawah is off the chart.  We should be putting through windmills on the greens.

The problem with the angles has been noted in several threads.  Number 15 is the worst in my opinion, but all of them have serious issues.  Additionally, they are virtually impossible to read ... with the white dots going in multiple directions and contradictory directions depending on the view.  Finally, I don't know if anyone else has noted the occasions where the putt speeds up then slows down ... jukes left then right.  The putts move more than a Hoyt Wilhelm knuckle-ball.

Since there is no way to know which set of pins is being used in any given tournament, I will not be playing Kiawah any more.

I don't mind difficult greens ... in fact I enjoy them.  Oakmont, Olympic and Congressional are my three favorite courses.  None of them have easy greens.  They are difficult but fair.  The new pins on Congressional are a case in point.  They are all excellent.  They are readable and the camera angles are good.  That doesn't mean they are easy -- they aren't.  It just means they are fair.

Kiawah is another problem altogether.  It is tricked up to the point it is unplayable in my opinion.

LegalEagle52

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 11:05 AM

People on here kept on about getting new pins at Kiawah so WGT scraped all the old photos they could find to oblige. Now people are complaining again. 

• ladzrls
    286 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 12:11 PM

piztaker:

People on here kept on about getting new pins at Kiawah so WGT scraped all the old photos they could find to oblige. Now people are complaining again. 

Hey piz,

i suppose we should say nothing, zipper is on and no more from me, piz told us off

regards m8

ladzrls

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 1:06 PM

piztaker:

But that doesn`t clear WGT too do a half a$$ job piz. WGT is creating a game / product for public use. There fore welcome to the world of supply and demand.We as players / consumers , have a right to expect better than what is being produced by WGT. I too agree that some of the pin placements are ridiculous. But , I still love playing the course.I refuse to let WGT get the best of me in playing this game. The deviation / vem at times can also be a royal pain but I still keep playing as well. The bottom line is however that WGT needs to do a better job all around, and stop thinking that the players concerns dont matter. If they would do things the right way from the start, the complaints would be far and few. Happy Swinging

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 1:46 PM

Yep, it's supply and demand.  Those who really don't like things have an option not to play. Another rule of thumb is: if you can't spell it, don't play it.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 2:46 PM

Love Kiawah. The greens are tough and that's a challenge. If you're not sure about the putts then aim straight at the hole and see which way it breaks. Then remember it for next time. 

• PAGES
RSS