Forums

Help › Forums

How is this game so inconsistant?

Sun, Oct 14 2012 12:05 PM (32 replies)
  • Shawnak
    5 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2012 8:29 AM

I dont understand if i'm doing something wrong but this game is absolutely unenjoyable to play due to its inconsistancy.  I will have a shot on the same hole, the same location the same conditions, the same wind ad hit the same shot but will have two abolutely different results.  I dont get it.  I never know what the hell is going to happen from one shot to the next.  Did anyone else experiance this when they started playing, its gettiing on my nerves and I'm about to just stop playing altogether.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2012 3:49 PM

It's golf, close to RL experience.

• canuck4everr
    100 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2012 4:28 PM

Shawnak:

I dont understand if i'm doing something wrong but this game is absolutely unenjoyable to play due to its inconsistancy.  I will have a shot on the same hole, the same location the same conditions, the same wind ad hit the same shot but will have two abolutely different results.  I dont get it.  I never know what the hell is going to happen from one shot to the next.  Did anyone else experiance this when they started playing, its gettiing on my nerves and I'm about to just stop playing altogether.

Hi Shawnak

Yes everyone experiances thie when they started .

I will explain so it makes some sense .

Wgt uses a circle of deviation on where the balls ends up on all its shots , meaning on starter clubs the circle is larger than the best clubs . hence the two abolutely different results you mentioned.

Lets say starter club suck real bad and my in my mind the game does not start untill a player has his final set of clubs .

Also it depends on the ball you use , once again starter ball are ok , but if you upgrade to better balls the benenfits  that are possible are slower meter , more distance , more back spin and more precision .

So hang in there until u get better clubs then you will see a differance ,

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Tue, Oct 9 2012 5:25 PM

In 10 days you will have been here 1 year and only have 5 ranked rounds played .

You cant learn if you dont play .

My name is OPY and I am a forum troll .

• Shawnak
    5 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 6:51 AM

Thats because I quit the game and start over after a few holes, I consider it practice. didnt you think that being a level 22 with only 5 marked rounds was a little off? Youre not a very good troll

• Shawnak
    5 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 6:55 AM

This makes sense, thank you!  Instead of worrying about having the best shot each time, now i've been playing the next shot instead of getting frustrated and am seeing how if I play the game more conservatively, theres less inconsistancy. 

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 7:01 AM

LOL... You've played a grand total of 6 games as of this post so practice makes better.

Even pro golfers in the same similar conditions don't hit the exact same shot and get the exact same result. So it is for this game also. So one has to learn the variables to get a close proximity based on the equipment they are using and factors they are facing prior to and after their shot such as how the ball is going to roll depending on the surface structure. Then play their next shot according to the next set of variables. Learning the effects of the variables is paramount to playing this game well and that takes practice.

• Shawnak
    5 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 7:22 AM

Again, you two seem to be not that bright.  You troll someones profile and chomp at the bit to blast someone based on one thing you see, I AM A LEVEL 22 DUMBASSES...I have been PRACTICING and not finishing the rounds, so I could play the same few hols OVER AND OVER TO GET BETTER. My God if people in this world had the ability to think past their nose....

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 8:08 AM

Hey Shaw, I have over 1700 ranked rounds, almost 700 AS and various others. Even with my clubs and the best balls this still happens. The better you get, the more challenging it becomes. Just remember, Can't never did nothing. Hang in there.

• Shawnak
    5 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 8:18 AM

Thats good to know, thank you.  I was starting to get discouraged when i was playing worse on WGT than in real life, lol. 

RSS