Help › Forums

How is this game so inconsistant?

Sun, Oct 14 2012 12:05 PM (32 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:34 AM

Shawnak:
    Again, you two seem to be not that bright

It's 'TOO' brainbox.....you're not making a very good 1st impression.....Andy

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 12:31 PM

Shawnak:

Again, you two seem to be not that bright.  You troll someones profile and chomp at the bit to blast someone based on one thing you see, I AM A LEVEL 22 DUMBASSES...I have been PRACTICING and not finishing the rounds, so I could play the same few hols OVER AND OVER TO GET BETTER. My God if people in this world had the ability to think past their nose....

No need for derogatory name calling and I am far from being a DA. For your sake, if you keep these kinds of comments in your posts  up and you will find yourself not being able to post in the forums or being monitored heavily...Right Pizza.

People as you call it troll others profile, especially if they are seeking help, to see what kinds of games they play and what their stats are to see where it is they may possibly need assistance for one thing. 

My post was in trying to be helpful by mentioning some of the variables that can effect your ball flight and distances. If you want to learn more on how to compensate for those there are excellent threads here in the forum that can help you or you can play with players who are higher tiered that are willing to help you for which you will find many on here.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 12:35 PM

Oldbayrunner:
    ...Right Pizza

Yep. Hi Shawnak, welcome to the forums. Try to be nice, please.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• canuck4everr
    100 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 3:47 PM

Oldbayrunner:

LOL... You've played a grand total of 6 games as of this post so practice makes better.

Even pro golfers in the same similar conditions don't hit the exact same shot and get the exact same result. So it is for this game also. So one has to learn the variables to get a close proximity based on the equipment they are using and factors they are facing prior to and after their shot such as how the ball is going to roll depending on the surface structure. Then play their next shot according to the next set of variables. Learning the effects of the variables is paramount to playing this game well and that takes practice.

So you laugh at him , because you think he doesnt practice much , well shame on you .

for being so rude to assume this .

Then calling in WGTpizza for being called a dumbass is just  classless 

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 4:10 PM

Shawnak:

Again, you two seem to be not that bright.  You troll someones profile and chomp at the bit to blast someone based on one thing you see, I AM A LEVEL 22 DUMBASSES...I have been PRACTICING and not finishing the rounds, so I could play the same few hols OVER AND OVER TO GET BETTER. My God if people in this world had the ability to think past their nose....

Ever thought of playing stroke rounds in practice mode and actually finishing them? Would do wonders for your XP level and your ability to get some clubs later on with no effect on your ranked rounds and advancement. And when your game gets consistant, you start playing ranked. And the game really isn't that inconsistant, most shots end up in mostly same spots. There are however deviations on some holes, where balls come up short or to the side, but they are consistant as well, so all you need is to remember them. Should come with time.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 4:33 PM

canuck4everr:

Oldbayrunner:

LOL... You've played a grand total of 6 games as of this post so practice makes better.

Even pro golfers in the same similar conditions don't hit the exact same shot and get the exact same result. So it is for this game also. So one has to learn the variables to get a close proximity based on the equipment they are using and factors they are facing prior to and after their shot such as how the ball is going to roll depending on the surface structure. Then play their next shot according to the next set of variables. Learning the effects of the variables is paramount to playing this game well and that takes practice.

So you laugh at him , because you think he doesnt practice much , well shame on you .

for being so rude to assume this .

Then calling in WGTpizza for being called a dumbass is just  classless 

FYI... I wasn't laughing at him but laughing remembering what it was like when I first started out and my first games. So you took it the wrong way my good man. Guess you didn't read the context of the rest of my post or you read into it what you wanted to perceive. How you take written words and construe them are up to you.

Now as far as calling in WGTPizza ... I did no such thing and my comment was knowing Pizza would be moderating this post as he does all of them and I was giving the op a helpful notice that he could get himself in trouble if he continued with those types of comments. So can you if you keep this line of comments towards me. Believe me I know because I recently have been there. You want to cop and attitude go right ahead but I will not get into a back and forth attacking type banter with you as that Would Be Classless on both our parts. Nuff said by me.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 4:41 PM

FYI ,  I was a dumbass in this thread befor Oldbayrunner .

Were is my kodos ?

My name is OPY and I am a forum troll .

• onekeano
    4,011 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 4:51 PM

hello all 

this is not the right place for this but i cant seem to find anything relating to the problem

for the last couple of weeks alt shot games have been disrupted by players getting disconnected, then when he trys to get back in some 1 else cant i thought it might be a flash player problem but now its happening everyday today 10 games  i was playing in, then if someone trys to reboot while the others are waitning a message comes up,           WE ARE SORRY BUT THERE HAS BEEEN AN ERROR PLEASE RELOAD,  then when u do that it goes again and then u get disquailified, for people to enjoy alt shot something needs to be done cause people are getting very peed off with all this disruption,

it cant be the players systems there using,  y is it happening to every1 ,

so can the powers that be please reply to me on what the problem is and is their a solution to it

rant over

dave 

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 5:02 PM

Oldbayrunner:
    Now as far as calling in WGTPizza ... I did no such thing and my comment was knowing Pizza would be moderating this post as he does all of them and I was giving the op a helpful notice that he could get himself in trouble if he continued with those types of comments.

This is exactly how I perceived it, and I commend Oldbayrunner for maintaing class and poise in this situation.

I am not WGT Police, but part of my duties is to be a peacekeeper. If I see something going on that I think would disturb the peace, I will be there with swift corrections.

Let's keep the comments constructive, helpful, and most of all polite. Thanks folks.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• Cal1962
    5 Posts
    Wed, Oct 10 2012 5:33 PM

I agree. The game is a joke.

It's so inconsistent you might as well be playing a dice game.

I started with the swing meter clubs and then switched to the 'drag and drop' swing.

I've been 1.2 feet from he hole, pull the club back and the ball shoots off UPHILL.

It's idiculous.

There is no way to control what the ball will do on any given shot. It's "hit it and hope" it goes in the general direction you're aiming.

And I'm using a 'dag and drop' swing meter so there is no way I can miss hit the ball that it shoots UPHILL from 1.2 ft 

RSS