Forums

Help › Forums

Gifting

Fri, Oct 19 2012 5:24 PM (20 replies)
  • piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 4:49 AM

jrwingnut:

it has never been possible to gift from inventory, but it used to be possible to gift an item even if you owned it in your inventory. 

Well that clears that up. 

• DAD111
    582 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 7:12 AM

jrwingnut:

From the pro shop,   it has never been possible to gift from inventory, but it used to be possible to gift an item even if you owned it in your inventory. Seems that has changed

Surely that can't be right. Why should it matter if I own a putter and want to gift the same putter from the Pro Shop to another member.  Are you saying that can't be done now?

Bob

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:11 PM

piztaker:

jrwingnut:

it has never been possible to gift from inventory, but it used to be possible to gift an item even if you owned it in your inventory. 

You stand corrected piz? No . . . didn't think so . .

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:17 PM

DAD111:

Surely that can't be right. Why should it matter if I own a putter and want to gift the same putter from the Pro Shop to another member.  Are you saying that can't be done now?

Bob

I refer you to the 2nd post in this thread Bob cheers

• DAD111
    582 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 7:50 AM

Lobsterboy:

DAD111:

Bob

I refer you to the 2nd post in this thread Bob cheers

Ahhhhhh...........I see.......Sorry Lobsterboy......got it now.....Thank you.

Bob

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 12:38 PM

Lobsterboy:

piztaker:

jrwingnut:

No, it made no sense. Even you could see that surely?

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 1:03 PM

jrwingnut:

From the pro shop,   it has never been possible to gift from inventory, but it used to be possible to gift an item even if you owned it in your inventory. Seems that has changed

It hasn't changed. It was either a bug or they pressed buy instead of gift. In that case the message would pop up, if the item was from the clubs or avatars section and they already owned it.

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 1:56 PM

DAD111:

jrwingnut:

Bob

I think they must have misread the message. What it says usually is  you can't gift an item that the person you are trying send the gift to already owns.

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 4:47 PM

borntobesting:

DAD111:

jrwingnut:

Bob

I think they must have misread the message. What it says usually is  you can't gift an item that the person you are trying send the gift to already owns.

Nope I didn't misread the message . . . it said I couldn't gift the item because I already owned it. I know for a fact the person I was trying to gift to didn't own that item.

I suppose if I was trying to gift a club and the person already had it it wouldn't let me, but surely gifting balls it wouldn't matter if they did . .

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 4:56 PM

piztaker:

Lobsterboy:

piztaker:

jrwingnut:

No, it made no sense. Even you could see that surely?

It made sense to me . . . and don't call me shirley . .

RSS