Forums

Help › Forums

ALCS Baseball Playoffs

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 23 2012 8:49 AM (48 replies)
  • Cleworthy
    3,468 Posts
    Sun, Oct 14 2012 4:35 PM

Detroit Tiger's 2, New York (hated) Yankee's 0  :-)  Go Tigers! 

• LeGeNdCrUsHeR
    2,067 Posts
    Sun, Oct 14 2012 4:45 PM

pfft, shut up...lol

• Cleworthy
    3,468 Posts
    Sun, Oct 14 2012 4:55 PM

According to ESPN we will know that the Yankees lost but we won't know who beat them.  Pfft yerself  :-)

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 1:08 AM

Yankee haters Look at history then go shut your mouth.

Umpires need glasses too changed the whole complexity of both games.

I think the umps are Yankee hating too. Ahh Detroit needs something to go good for the murderous capital of the world.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 5:10 AM

esssy:

Cleworthy:

Detroit Tiger's 2, New York (hated) Yankee's 0  :-)  Go Tigers! 

fingers crossed and hoping the history of come backs will be in the YANKEEs game nxt time.

GO YANKEES

+1

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 5:14 AM

Let's be real here, fans. Jeter's done, AFlop, Cano, Swisher and Granderson are setting records for futility, umpires are blowing big calls and Detroit is playing no mistake baseball (except maybe Valverde.)

It's gut check time for the Yankees. Step up and play or go home.  :-(

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 5:25 AM

You know what YJ year after year I have to listen to all these bandwagoners jump and spit their chit on something they know nothing about. The Yankees are Baseball  ! Numbers records championships all of that speaks for itself so I dont have to.

Come on be a real Baseball fan and enjoy the Fall classic without talking chit . All the teams still in it are well deserving and are there for a reason. Enjoy it while you can.

Im happy the Cards are there without the greedy backstabbing Pujols who used to be my favorite player . NOT!

From a real fan and forum troll PJ aka 3puttpaul.

All you bandwagoners care to talk bad about something good go ahead . It only shows your ignorance and arrogance for which I have no dealings.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 5:44 AM

It's easy to hate on the Yankees if you're not a fan. Heck, I grew up in the west as a SF fan, hating them with a passion, so I can understand why there's bashing and hating going on. They're a winning organization and spend money they make like it was free. That's what successful franchises do for their fans. It could be like the owners of the Cubs, you know-filthy rich and content to just field the team.

When I moved to NY in the late 70s the Yankees were losers. The Bronx was burning and the Yankees were losing. Loved it. I took great pleasure in reading about their struggles every morning in the sports section. Unfortunately, coverage of the west coast in the east is hampered by the time difference and it was hard to follow the Giants regularly. So, with mild curiosity I began following the Yankees' rebirth.

Buck Showalter righted the ship and passed the torch to Joe Torre. Joe Torre? Who was he? Then this kid named Jeter showed up. He was fun to watch and the Yankees started back on the winning track. They were a mortal team, not connected to past glories, and a new fan was born in myself. I could give a hoot about the first 21 WS rings they have but the last 6 are mine to enjoy remembering. Along with 2 perfect games and countless moments like Aaron Boone's tater, Tino Martinez' dramatic blasts and of course, Mariano.

There will be more. Maybe not this year but the nice thing about being a Yankee fan is knowing they'll be back next year. And the year after that. They ain't dead yet but there's these ugly bigass birds circling above, waiting for the carrion. Let's hope they get to dine on Tigers.   ;-)

RSS