Help › Forums

ALCS Baseball Playoffs

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 23 2012 8:49 AM (48 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 5:52 AM

pjctas0822:
    All you bandwagoners care to talk bad about something good go ahead . It only shows your ignorance and arrogance for which I have no dealings.

I got a laugh out of a Yankee fan speaking to arrogance!  "The Yankees are Baseball" <-- That's arrogance!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 5:57 AM

andyson:
    I got a laugh out of a Yankee fan speaking to arrogance!  "The Yankees are Baseball" <-- That's arrogance!

Ya, I cringed at that one,too. They aren't baseball, they are good for baseball. Win or lose, they fill the seats in stadiums they play in and as a result, pad the coffers of the home team. Hate them or love them, they are good for the game.  :-)

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 9:07 AM

YankeeJim:

andyson:

Ya, I cringed at that one,too. They aren't baseball, they are good for baseball. Win or lose, they fill the seats in stadiums they play in and as a result, pad the coffers of the home team. Hate them or love them, they are good for the game.  :-)

Not too mention they fill your teams stands too if they play against them .

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 2:36 PM

Lifelong Yanks fan (since 1952 anyway) and they have been the best and the worst teams in MLB in many ways.  The one thing they are and will always be, though, is one of the most historic teams in baseball, and you don't see any players on the field that don't look professional and ready to play.  

YJ I think those circling birds are just waiting on Aflop to fall over.  He had his day and now he makes so much money he doesn't care if he plays well or not.  Too bad about Jeters ankle though, that took the wind right out of their sails and there is no one there to pick it up. 

Gotta love Ibanez, the man is stepping up when it is needed.

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 5:40 PM

YankeeJim:
    so I can understand why there's bashing and hating going on. They're a winning organization

Kind of like people hating on some of the elite players here.

I've only been introduced to baseball 6 years ago (only seen it in movies before that), when ESPN became available in my country. Fell in love with baseball and football immediately. Still haven't picked my favorite team though, I just enjoy all games, especially the ones that have some real meaning.

YankeeJim:
    They ain't dead yet but there's these ugly bigass birds circling above, waiting for the carrion. Let's hope they get to dine on Tigers.   ;-)

With Reds already half digested, there might still be some room for the kitties. Leads don't seem to mean much this year. Maybe Yankees can have their own "4 days in October" now.

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 6:31 PM

I read a sports column on the internet this morning said there are whole sections of Yankee Stadium that are empty for the playoffs, that management was selling good seats on the cheap trying to make it look fuller.  And what's up with A-Rod?

I don't hate the Yankee's but I sure like to see them get beat.

Too bad about Jetter one of the Greats.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, Oct 15 2012 7:00 PM

Yappy22:
    I read a sports column on the internet this morning said there are whole sections of Yankee Stadium that are empty for the playoffs, that management was selling good seats on the cheap trying to make it look fuller.

Cant believe everything you read on the internet. That is false.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 2:15 PM

Hey J!!!! I know you are are REAL BB fan and of course a Pinstipped Yankee to the bone! You know my Tigers are not some "oops" happened to get lucky playoff time! They are playing up to pre-season expectations "FINALLY"

Hated to see DJ go down, he is and has been one of the few class A ballplayers anymore.

Bad call at second? The ump made the right call from his positioning! IMHO

Tiger starters have to get it done............bullpen SUCKS

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 2:20 PM

pjctas0822:
    Not too mention they fill your teams stands too if they play against them

Only east of the Mississippi...........check your stats Tigers fill up more road stadiums!

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 2:25 PM

Cleworthy:

Detroit Tiger's 2, New York (delete) Yankee's 0  :-)  Go Tigers! 

My name is David and I approve this post!

RSS