ALCS Baseball Playoffs

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 23 2012 8:49 AM (48 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 7:47 AM

Cleworthy:
    Don't forget that in the post season you aren't going to score as many runs

Very true. You face the best the other team has and you're playing at an amped up level. Verlander was very beatable last night as the Yankees' patience forced him into hitters' counts but they couldn't capitalize on it. (Does anybody else think that dumbass pitch tracker is worthless?)

Sanchez and Scherzer were different stories, though. IMO, Scherzer set the tone with his outstanding performance in game 1 (the ninth inning was on Valverde eating his karma for his histrionics during the year-a little humble pie, if you will) and Sanchez continued it with his sterling effort. Those 2 guys put the Yankees in a pressing situation and that is no way to approach JV. Hughes going down didn't help (he beat JV earlier in the year 3-1.)

At this point the only thing Yankee fans have to lean on is CC and Andy if CC is CC tonight. It's not beyond the realm of possibility for this series to return to Yankee Stadium for 6 and 7 but I wouldn't hold my breath. Detroit will be insane with every pitch tonight and as much as I hate for the Yankees to lose this way, you have to believe in the good this will do for a city that really needs something good to happen for them. The WS is just the ticket.

I still hope the Yankees pull a Boston on the Tigers. :-)

• Cleworthy
    3,468 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 9:16 AM

YankeeJim:
    Scherzer set the tone with his outstanding performance in game 1

For the sake of accuracy, Doug Fister started Game 1 - pitched 6 1/3.  Scherzer pitches tonight.  Scherzer had 231 strike outs in the regular season (vs. Verlander with 239).  Should be a good match up.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 9:45 AM

Cleworthy:
    For the sake of accuracy, Doug Fister started Game 1

Oy!. My bad, you're exactly right. I had Scherzer on my mind as tonight's obstacle when I was writing that.  :-)

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 11:42 AM
    Was a very good game to watch. And I loved Jeff Daniels and his interpretation of God bless America.
  • BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 2:48 PM

GO TIGERS! YOU GOT IT GOIN ON! YOU DA BIG "D"! YOU GET IT DONE! YOU AINT WHISTLIN DIXIE BABY WE GOIN ALL DA WAY BABY! WE LOVE YOU TIG"S BABY!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 4:03 PM

LOL. You a little excited there, Bubba. Rematch of the last time the Tigers were in the WS against St.Louis  maybe?  :-D

• Cleworthy
    3,468 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 4:36 PM

Oh baby!  Tigers sweep!  I would just like a Yankee fan to say "the best team won".  No excuses.  :-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 4:57 PM

Cleworthy:

Oh baby!  Tigers sweep!  I would just like a Yankee fan to say "the best team won".  No excuses.  :-)

LOL. They not only won, they crushed the Yankees today. Game was over by the 4th inning. Good for Detroit and their city. Keep the rioting to a minimum.  ;-)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 6:18 PM

OH you know I had to finally chime in here!  :-)

"MOTOR CITY"  is usually known for Vroom Vroom,   "broom broom"  has a nice ring to it though.  ;-)

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Thu, Oct 18 2012 7:20 PM

YankeeJim:

oneputtdavid:
    quit whining Jim just quit.

Heh-This typifies the difference between class and a rabid fan. There's no whining going on here, David. Shame on you for thinking there is. Take your wins with a sip of class. You fell into the playoffs and now have a stanglehold on them now. Cheer for your Tigers and take a pass on the lunacy. 

Sorry Jim............wasn't my intent to rub it in! 

RSS