Forums

Help › Forums

Questionable pictures

Mon, Apr 10 2017 7:30 PM (89 replies)
  • MulliganPatty
    885 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 12:54 PM

At the risk of being labeled a prude . . . where is the monitoring of some of the pics that are posted. Come on guys and gals - if you want to advertise please take it elsewhere.  There are kids under 16 that play on here. Also I refuse to refer my friends to join WGT now. I have had to pre-check all invites lately.

Just saying . . .

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 1:16 PM

Personally I was not aware of this issue, I basically just play and dont look at profiles - maybe I should start lol ....jk. If there is something questionable or offensive,  email WGT  using the contacts at the bottom of the page with all the details and if possible a screenshot.

I agree, there are a lot of other sites around for that.

• opyeuclid
    6,708 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 1:30 PM

Good day Patty .  I am with you , This is a golf game Not a place to  find a date , But with a open internet game you will always have stuff like that . In the time that I have been here I have seen some Nasty pic,s . If you see something " Bad " email that name to

Members@worldgolftour.com

I have , and I am Proud of it , I have been called a snitch and I dont care .

And dont stop telling your friends about WGT . Once they join put them on your friends list and just have fun .

My name is OPY and I am a forum troll .

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 1:46 PM

Most of the one with pics like that are trying to get men to gift them balls and clubs and the like. Like the 2 previous posters said. Send any thing like that to WGT and they will take care of it. With over a million members it is hard for them to police everything by themselves. 

• MulliganPatty
    885 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 1:55 PM

Thanks for the support guys. There are trolls out there but I call them "chick trolls" they hunt females . . . I don't go looking for them . . . but when I get an invite I check the profile and get a good idea of what they want by their friends - also questionable pics. 

Good news - I was about to turn one in but the pic (along with some of his friends) have turned into greyed images.  Wahoo - I am only guessing, but way togo WGT!

Patty

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 1:55 PM

For the most part these kinds of avatars are put up by very young guys who are still virgins, persons of either gender that are looking for some advantage, or very ugly women.  There are undoubtedly exceptions.  I just don't know what they are.

I would say that anything you want to look at can be found on the web.  Big waste of time to look for it (or present it) here.

• inthedr1nk
    28 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 6:13 PM

I had a friend that I made here that went from being a man with a male profile pic to a stunning female in just a few days. lol. It's a good thing most of us here are here to play golf and socialize. Every time I see a picture of a good looking girl in a profile here I just assume its a man. o.O It's easier that way lol

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 7:46 PM

How many inappropriate profile pics do you see ? And how do you go about finding them ? I would believe it is probably 1 out of 25000 members that do this . Just guessing. Ignore it or dont search for strangers right?

Or you can be a snitch like opy. Personally snitches end up in ditches.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 8:01 PM

If you want to play with a friendly squirrel, let me know. Nothing meant by my profile picture. Sometimes, genetics can be cruel. Just look at the face, NIc Nic is a sweet guy.

• andrewmca
    447 Posts
    Wed, Oct 17 2012 10:25 PM

^^lol, big fan of some of the above content

RSS