Forums

Help › Forums

Questionable pictures

Mon, Apr 10 2017 7:30 PM (89 replies)
  • Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 9:30 AM

27stitches:

ok lets put the onus on where it truy belongs. WGT please attach the specifics on rules and guidlines regarding pictures.also if you could show us whether there is or was a minimum age to participate in this game, i tried to look for this information -but alas to no avail. please answer at your earliest convience. inquiry minds gotta know !!

Third paragrah of the terms and conditons;

YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OF AGE TO USE THIS SITE AND BY USING THIS SITE, YOU REPRESENT, ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OF AGE. IF YOU ACCESS THE SITE FROM A SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE ("SOCIAL SITE") YOU SHALL COMPLY WITH THE TERMS OF SERVICE/USE OF SUCH SOCIAL SITE AS WELL AS THESE TERMS. TO USE THIS SITE THROUGH A SOCIAL SITE, YOU MAY ALSO BE REQUIRED TO HAVE A VALID ACCOUNT ON THE SOCIAL SITE THROUGH WHICH YOU CONNECT TO THE SITE.

Also;

Each user will either select a username or allow WGT to automatically select a username at random. Additionally, users may form "teams" and such teams will be required to choose a team name. When you choose a username, team name or otherwise create a label that can be seen by other players using the games, you must abide by the following guidelines as well as the rules of common decency. If WGT finds such a label to be offensive or improper, it may, in its sole and absolute discretion, change the name, remove the label and corresponding chat room, and/or suspend or terminate your use of the games.

In particular, you may not use any name:

2. That incorporates vulgar language or which are otherwise offensive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;

7. Related to drugs, sex, alcohol, or any criminal activity;

You may not use a misspelling or an alternative spelling to circumvent the name restrictions listed above, nor can you have a "first" and "last" name that, when combined, violate the above name restrictions.

Was this what you were looking for? (Just trying to let you know they exist.)

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 10:51 AM

Oldbayrunner:
    YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OF AGE TO USE THIS SITE

Thanks for finding this passage, OBR. This first part is easy to understand - imagine you have a 13yr old daughter or son. What would you want or not want them to see online? Well, the answer to that question will vary greatly, but our moderators have an aligned, high level goal of filtering things out that wouldn't be appropriate for our audience.

The rest of the passage generally talks about the "player name" but it goes for avatars as well. If WGT finds an inappropriate avatar, we may disable it. I hate to sound like a broken record, but we are a really small team. We won't be able to find all of the offenders, nor will we be able to provide an explanation to each individual disciplinary action we carry out.

We will try our best, and our team will hopefully grow, but we thank you for your understanding in the mean time :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• 27stitches
    161 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 11:25 AM

thank you for getting back so soon and thanks oldbayrunner. well i have a grand child also and we have taken him to the beach on occasion. well i'm sure he was too busy playing to notice but guess what. there were girls o the beach and some of them had swimming attire on just like bypass' photo. what gives ??

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 11:50 AM

MulliganPatty:

Hope ya'll aren't missing the point of my original post.  My concern has to do kids - saya mother is playing golf on here and teaching her 10 or 12 yr.old how to play - after all this isn't an X rated game - up pops a player invite with pic of a mans sac for his profile pic.  How would you handle the situation? All I'm asking for is some sense from the people out there . . . golly! was that too much to ask?

Not ashamed to be a bit modest,

Patty

according to the rules patty has demonstrated a total lack of honor by exposing her grandchildren to this extreme site. rules are rules after all - what is good for the goose..... so wgt how are you going to handle this ?

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 12:02 PM

bypass07:
    according to the rules patty has demonstrated a total lack of honor by exposing her grandchildren to this extreme site. rules are rules after all - what is good for the goose..... so wgt how are you going to handle this ?

You do understand the difference between WGT having rules for it's forum posters and a Mother having rules for her children. I do not need to explain this difference. No troll questions, please.

Like I said earlier,

WGTpizza:
    our moderators have an aligned, high level goal of filtering things out that wouldn't be appropriate for our audience.

Judgement of disciplinary actions on our forums lies in the hands of the WGT moderators. This is one of the many terms you agree to when using the forums. I hope that clears things up on this subject.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 12:41 PM

Just logged back in after a much needed  few hours sleep...(had a gr8t b/day)..Still feeling effects...(it was worth it)...*Note to self.The sea is cold at 4am..Brrr

Damn bp07, we were doing so well..

An honest and frank exchange of what is, or is not acceptable according to eaches' sensibilities..

Then you said That !!....We  just arrived on each others 'buddy' list and from what little I know of you, you seem a nice guy in all respects..

You'd had a diff point of view to Patty, (and to be fair, most would)..

Think 'That' comment was made more out of frustration than malice towards Patty ?

Andy...43 feel 33.. :)

PS -Pizza..1st time in one of your responses, I detected a slight sense of anger to a post ?

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 12:50 PM

alcaucin:
    PS -Pizza

Anger? No. I definitely have a stern tone when people ask troll questions. Our forum moderators, myself included, are stretched very thin trying to help as many people as possible each day. When someone takes time away from these efforts to talk about how a mother is raising her daughter, it is a disservice to the entire community.

I hope this response helps you understand my position and I hope this subject was thoroughly explained, but feel free to ask if anyone is unclear.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 12:51 PM

alcaucin:
    PS -Pizza..1st time in one of your responses, I detected a slight sense of anger to a post ?

Pizza does't get angry..he just gets even....Beware... :)

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 1:57 PM

Ok tried real hard to stay out of this one. I'm no angel nor am I a prude by any stretch of the imagination. I'm a product of living my early adult years of  Vietnam, the free love era, frolicking naked in front of thousands of people at Woodstock 69 and living freely in a few communes.

Here's my take on it; This is a privately owned and operated for profit web site that allows the public's use as a means of income and for the publics enjoyment. With that it has established rules and codes of conduct in the terms and conditions that every member agrees to when first signing up. If by failing to read or adhere to the guidlines set forth by the owners(s), administrators and moderators one gets their hands slapped then who's fault is that, regardless of how others may feel it be fair or unfair.

There is no democracy on private web sites, we don't have voting rights on our conduct for what we feel is right or wrong, There is no 1st amendment rights on a private web site either. Since that is the case then if you want to set forth your own boundrys and rules, post what ever the hell you want or what not then by all means get the funding and create whatever the hell you feel is appropriate for you and your members on Your site and have a ball.

The admins allow a certain degree of latitude but if you are pushing your limits from those that are defined within the rules and you get caught then all the rallying of the troops or whatever is not going to change the fact you agreed to abide by the conduct set forth broke those rules and got your hands slapped or will get your hands slapped for it eventually. When that happens live with it and get over it already as your the one that caused it through your own actions.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Oct 19 2012 2:06 PM

Oldbayrunner:
    Here's my take on it;

Thank you, OBR, for a well-worded contribution to this thread. WGT's stance on this matter is essentially outlined in this post. We (the company) own and operate this forum. This is not a "public" gathering, rather a gathering of people who have read and agreed to the terms and conditions necessary to allow them access.

We're pretty relaxed around here when it comes to moderation, just don't insult people or do other commonly unwelcome actions.

I hope everyone understands the nature of this forum a little better :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

RSS