Forums

Help › Forums

Making Tour Legend

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 2 2012 2:51 PM (56 replies)
  • lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 7:01 AM

I just reached TL about a week ago. You must have a total of 500 ranked rounds and a average or less than 60 (59.9) to reach TL. There is no difference, except the faster greens.

• mobrienjr
    240 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 7:28 AM

Yeah, I already know all of that.  Really what I was more curious about was how do you realize what # of ranked rounds you have as a legend.  

I am more upset that my 66.94 average does not really reflect my "true" average.  I consider anything over a 64 as being a horrible round for myself.

I looked though my history a few weeks ago and since 6/12/2012 I had 173 ranked rounds.  I have been a legend since around Aug. of 2011.  It is kinda disappointing that my average drops by such a small amount, and it still goes up and down.

I also enjoy putting on the championship greens, and I have scored some of my lowest rounds on those same greens.

• sarak362336
    1,597 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 7:44 AM

I made it a few weeks ago - its 500 rounds minimum as a Legend - thats when your average stops going up and only goes down - u then need it to get below 60 - so from then its however many it takes.  (in my case another 173)

Good luck - Sara

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 7:51 AM

mobrienjr:
    Yeah, I already know all of that.  Really what I was more curious about was how do you realize what # of ranked rounds you have as a legend.  

The day I made Legend, someone mentioned taking a screenshot of my stats, that way I could compare them to my stats along the way to see any changes in my stats since making legend.

Never really cared about them anyway, but on that screen shot it showed how many ranked rounds that I had on that day.  Without doing that or manually keeping track, I don't think there is any other way to know.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 9:37 AM

hpurey:
    Current average- 66.19   will go post an above par score and see what happens.

So,  with over 500 ranked rounds as a Legend.....  My goof off 41 on Kia F9 raised my average to 66.22

Great...since the last time I shot a sub 60 round (that only dropped my avg by .01) this stupid little experiment just put me that much further behind.

Guess it's time to find some TourLegend to play in match play..... with big hopes that he/she is having a bad round. ;-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 1:06 PM

hpurey:

I'm uncertain about this.   I have 524 rounds as Legend and within the last 10 or so rounds,  my average has moved both up and down.   

You need 100 additional rounds after the update that introduced the TL tier. You would need to know how many rounds you had at that point. You can manually count the number of ranked rounds in your history from the date of that update if the history goes back that far, which it should.

• andrewmca
    447 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 5:30 PM

YankeeJim:

chrisironsbones:
    No you could have played 500 rounds as a pro, but as long as you have 500 rounds under your belt i dont think it matters.

It does. As a new Legend the average will fluctuate until you get 500 rounds in as a Legend at which time it will only go down.

Thanks for the back-up YJ haha

• mobrienjr
    240 Posts
    Fri, Oct 26 2012 10:17 PM

Yeah, I know all of that stuff.  To me it just doesnt seem to actually be working properly.  This mystery number sucks.  My average dropping my 0.05 when shooting a 27 sucks.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 1:13 AM

Yes it works, but the divisor is so big...

Calculating a round of 54 (2x 27) from you ave. of (about) 67:

67 - 54 = 13 shots difference, divide by 500 = 0.065 - what you say.

• mobrienjr
    240 Posts
    Sat, Oct 27 2012 1:30 AM

Alosso,

That totally makes sense to me.  I appreciate what your saying, doing.  

The one thing that just puzzles me is when I was going from a TM to a legend, if I shot a 27, it would drastically drop my average.  Seeing this sorta takes out the desire to try to shoot for TL.  Shooting almost a perfect round, it will take about 100 of those to even start sniffing out tour legend status.

RSS