Changes to the FAQ - Averages/Tier

Thu, Jan 3 2013 3:32 PM (131 replies)
  • WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 4:55 PM

chris5214:
    i thank u for your role in this Mr P ..

Like you said in your post, chris5214: "...it's their expectation..."

I believe the effort you have seen from me not only should be considered an expectation, but I believe this community deserves someone in my position, to help them and the company at the same time.

Don't worry about WGTpizza, I'm not going anywhere  :D

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 5:15 PM

WGTpizza:

chris5214:
    i thank u for your role in this Mr P ..

Like you said in your post, chris5214: "...it's their expectation..."

I believe the effort you have seen from me not only should be considered an expectation, but I believe this community deserves someone in my position, to help them and the company at the same time.

Don't worry about WGTpizza, I'm not going anywhere  :D

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

this is true ..

however .. expectations notwithstanding, an appreciative "thank you" is in order ..

(tips hat)

• Edbeau
    98 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 5:22 PM

PUHOLINO, 

I appreciate the post and as I stated I have only been here a short period of time and until ur post really did not understand the entire situation but do now. 

Pizza seems to be well suited for anything thrown at him, he knows his job, does it well AND STAYS CLASSY :-)  

Let's play some time, would enjoy a game with you.

Thanks again Puholino

Edbeau

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2012 7:01 PM

To WGTPizza

Just a word about your catch phrase. Being classy when everything is peachy is easy, staying classy when under attack or being frustrated is not. As far as I'm concerned, you have passed the test with flying colors this past month and you deserve our gratitude for that. I'm sure it was tough at times, I can only hope we managed to do the same.

If somebody saw my comments as an attack on you, I must have not worded my thoughts correctly (language barrier can be a pain to cross at times, but I try my best), cause this was never my intent. 

So, despite of the fact that our conversations sometimes felt like a "Who's on 3rd" dialogue (through no fault of your own), it looks like we were able to find common ground at last. Thank you again for your past and future efforts regarding the well being of this great community.

P.S.: I did get a good chuckle out of that "haddock slapping" clip though, but mostly cause Monty Python always cracks me up.

• tigerfan1506
    3,193 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 12:16 AM

I just finished playing another member of my CC in a match play game, i am a Legend, she is a Tour Master. She won and her avg dropped 3 strokes. THREE. One game.

That will be the end any match play tournaments we will have within our club. Thanks WGT. 

• Lyrac
    177 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 1:34 AM

This ^^^^^^^^^

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:08 AM

Edbeau:

PUHOLINO, 

I appreciate the post and as I stated I have only been here a short period of time and until ur post really did not understand the entire situation but do now. 

Pizza seems to be well suited for anything thrown at him, he knows his job, does it well AND STAYS CLASSY :-)  

Let's play some time, would enjoy a game with you.

Thanks again Puholino

Edbeau

Judging by the timeline, I would assume this reply was actually meant for my friend StormTigers? In any case, I'd love a game with you as well.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 9:33 PM

I've been following this thread and while I understand that changes are coming, it seems the main problem is the value associated with the individual games causing averages to drop an inordinate amount. Since WGT is unable to determine intentional vs unintentional disconnects a change in the value score attributed to the games would solve the problem.

Simply change the score affect on average. Try something like counting a match play win as follows:

Begin the calculation by rounding the winning players' average to the nearest whole number n.

A win against an opponent of equal tier results in a round score of (n-1).

A win against an opponent of higher tier results in a round score of (n-x) where x equals the number of tiers above the winner the loser is.

Examples:

Player is a Master with an average of 69.66. If that player beats another Master for any reason he/she will receive a score of 69,00 for that game (average rounded up to 70 - 1 stroke). Player beats a Tour Master he/she would get a score of 68.00 (70-2 based on tiers). If the player defeats a Legend he/she would get a score of 67.00 and so on.

Player is a Master with an average of 69.31. If that player beats another Master for any reason he/she will receive a score of 68.00 for that game (average rounded down to 69 - 1 stroke per tier). Player beats a Tour Master would get a 67.00. If the player defeats a Legend he/she would get a score of 66 and so on.

Since each score would replace one above the average the averages would still go down but at a much more realistic pace.

Not a perfect solution but  definitely better than what is there now.. 

• Edbeau
    98 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 10:58 PM

WGTPizza, 

This is supposed to be the closest "and is" virtual game compared to real Golf. With that being said why does WGT need the XP Levels? I have seen many blogs requesting the game being played based on Tiers equaling clubs, tee box, that is the way real golf is played so why not make it REAL? I know everyone will start blogging "WGT WANTS $$$$$$" basing it on levels so I will go ahead and say it!!!! 

This seems to only be fair, if your score is at Master level you play from Master Tees with the big boy clubs, if you drop in score "say intensionally your big boy clubs are put in your bag and you move to the lower tees until it goes back up to that level.

Just asking

Edbeau

PS: also WGT could make the balls last longer, gees we are getting killed on BALL TAKEN OUT OF PLAY.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 10:20 AM

PUHOLINO:
    ust a word about your catch phrase. Being classy when everything is peachy is easy, staying classy when under attack or being frustrated is not

SO VERY TRUE, PUHOLINO! This sentiment is at the heart of what I do daily, and I believe my "catch phrase" helps people stay cognizant of this - even if you're frustrated, if if someone is trolling you, I ask that you remain classy. PUHOLINO is a great example of someone who succeeds at this  :)

You and I have had differing opinions, but we've been able to communicate our points in this public arena efficiently, and that is how this community will grow in to something great.

PUHOLINO:
    As far as I'm concerned, you have passed the test with flying colors this past month and you deserve our gratitude for that. I'm sure it was tough at times, I can only hope we managed to do the same.

Thank you, sir, I appreciate you saying that. This job is equally tough as it is rewarding, and I wouldn't have it any other way. This community has great potential and I hope to continue to develop it with all of you.

PUHOLINO, I appreciate you staying cognizant of the fact that we are just humans communicating through text. Things can and will go wrong, and when they do, it's important that everyone remains forgiving and understanding.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

RSS