1,189 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 4:37 PM

@ Ffudd

vns

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 4:42 PM

truly2bad2play:
    ..But in my case,being raised "too early" (my personal feelings),while at first scary,has made me really knuckle down and given me a more focused approach,I feel my game has improved tremendously this last few days,playing better than I have ever done before.

Great to hear you're doing well, mate. Maybe they whispered in the ear of VEM gods to be nice to you ;-)

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 4:59 PM

Ffudd:
    On your way home from work a traffic cop stops you and give you a ticket even though you weren't speeding. He explains that too many people speed on this piece of road so they decided to give everyone travelling northbound a ticket regardless of how fast they are going.

I love analogies! I'm having trouble with this one, though. Particularly this section:

Ffudd:
    regardless of how fast they are going.

It might feel as if this feature is randomly selecting "non-sandbagger" and adjusting their tier, but this is simply not true. We are not "giving everyone a speeding ticket". The system is programmed, as I have said several times, to identify someone consistently displaying a higher skill level than their tier denotes.

Ffudd:
    Would you question their methods or if you knew that more "guilty" were being"caught" than "innocent", would you feel differently?

In your analogy, of course I would question the methods of a cop who admits to arbitrarily handing out speeding tickets. The distinction I want to make is that this system is not doing this. It is finding players who ARE displaying skill levels higher than their average denotes, and is making adjustments to their tier to compensate.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• Ffudd
    2,541 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 5:15 PM

WGTpizza:
    It is finding players who ARE displaying skill levels higher than their average denotes,

. . . or winning free MPs against players of a higher tier regardless of how they win - by skill, by random disconnection or by the other player just quitting. In my analogy this equates to "regardless of how fast they are going".

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 5:21 PM

WGTpizza:
    t is finding players who ARE displaying skill levels higher than their average denotes, and is making adjustments to their tier to compensate.

Here is a pertinent question.  A player is progressing faster than most and they move up quickly.  Are their XP points adjusted to reflect their rapid progression so they can get the better clubs and balls that are tier and or XP level.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 5:22 PM

To this I will say what I have said in other threads:

Show me someone who claims they have been moved up only be winning a few MP games, and I will investigate the matter.

Not doubting your claim, it just is contrary to what I know about this feature, and if true, would require investigation.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 5:24 PM

Infinito3010:
    Here is a pertinent question.  A player is progressing faster than most and they move up quickly.  Are their XP points adjusted to reflect their rapid progression so they can get the better clubs and balls that are tier and or XP level.

No. Only Tier and, consequently, Average is affected by this system.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• StormTigers
    264 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 5:36 PM

WGTpizza:

To this I will say what I have said in other threads:

Show me someone who claims they have been moved up only be winning a few MP games, and I will investigate the matter.

Not doubting your claim, it just is contrary to what I know about this feature, and if true, would require investigation.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

Well Mister Pizza

I am now OFFICIALLY LIVING PROOF OF THIS OCCURING !

Yes I threw myself on the sword of fame and in conjunction with my good friend PUHOLINO we arranged such an event. I was a Master with an average of 69 when we first started the expedition with a couple of forfeits by him. I went down to around 65 avg.

Today a further series of 4 forfeits saw the following :

1st Game forfeited By PU - average dropped to 64.65

2nd Game forfeited by PU - average dropped to 63.90

3rd Game forfeited by PU - average dropped to 63.15

4th Game forfeited by PU - average dropped to 62.90

Congratulations you are now a TOUR MASTER !

Now I don't mind that occuring as I was going nowhere as a Master so it was not skin off my nose to allow myself this heady elevation. I don't play ReadyGo's or Majors for Winnings as I don;t have a hope in hell of winning anything at Master or Tour Master level.

But Pizza you wanted proof there it is matey !

Cheers

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 5:41 PM

Hmm that's an interesting story!

I'm going to bring this up the next chance I get. Thank you for the info, StormTigers!

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• Lyrac
    177 Posts
    Thu, Nov 15 2012 5:45 PM

bring wgts head above the sand while your at it

RSS