Forums

Help › Forums

lost my consecutive days streak by 4 minutes, lame

Tue, Nov 27 2012 7:49 PM (24 replies)
  • Cmehammer1
    13 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:18 PM

I played tonight and  started 35 minutes before 24 hours was up keeping my consecutive game streak going. I finished the game 4 minutes over and the game took my streak and didn't award my bonus points. Kinda lame in my mind. I think that should only be the case if you didn't start the game before the 24 hr. period. I'm just saying. I have been a member over 3 years and have never seen that before. Just saying.....I don't think that it should be that way.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:35 PM

You had the opportunity to start that game 23 hours and 25 minutes before you did so you would have finished it over 22 hours before the deadline.

Being in the United States gives us an advantage. The time for the consecutive days streak begins at 5 p.m. Pacific Time so we have the opportunity to get the bonus streak before we go to bed in the evening. 9 shots in CTTH and we don't have to worry about maintaining the streak. Then we can play any format at our leisure.

My suggestion to you would be one that if you can't get it done early, pick the quickest formats when you get within an hour of the deadline.

It's not lame. Deadlines have to be drawn somewhere and they have been.

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 5:50 PM

It seems that you need to better set your priorities. You  have 24 hours after playing , to prepare for your next day.  The start time never changes. I play every day, and give myself a cushion in case of other priorities. So , it seems that you need to learn how to better spend your time. Just sayin

• mac88888
    4 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2012 6:30 PM

Oh , it must be nice to plan around wgt! Im a master and played for 175 straight days,I TOO tried to keep a cushion, but sometimes you have more important things you have to do! I missed my deadline by minutes,is it fair? yes for you and myself,but there should be a cushion for when you have to miss a night!  deduct points for a week, instead of making max. points, give me half that for a week! Sounds fair to me,better than starting all  over!

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2012 12:10 AM

Why didn't you just play a single hole to get your bonus first?

• billcliff
    2,616 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2012 12:52 AM

Agreed , nobody to blame but yourself.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2012 1:53 AM

+1 to Courteney and Bill!

There's no room for concessions in timing with 5 Mio. players (theoretically) in the game.

FWIW, when I have nothing else in mind, I frequently play 3 holes practice on different courses. It's short, it's variable (set-up and holes), and I can choose the uneven lies if I want so.

• Steve442
    710 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2012 2:34 AM

Cmehammer1:
    Kinda lame in my mind.

You're right it is lame, it's lame that you come on here and complain about a mistake that YOU made.

• jonahvark
    47 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2012 4:24 AM

I think you're all missing the point. Time management hasn't got anything to do with it! The guy started playing within the time limit, and was therefore 'robbed' of his streak. My sympthies go to him!

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2012 4:31 AM

courteneyfish:

Why didn't you just play a single hole to get your bonus first?

great point Courteney. Done is about 2 or 3 minutes tops. Or a CTTH round done in 10 minutes or less.

RSS