Forums

Help › Forums

Reporting Abuse By WGT:

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:06 PM (30 replies)
  • Rockitch
    1,022 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 7:12 AM

Maybe some (surely overpriced) scuba gear should be made available at the proshop..... go dive in the pools, looking for all those lost balls...:)

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 8:11 AM

renniw52:

I've lost more balls on WGT than I have playing real golf for over 49 years. I would love to blame WGT but it is a big waste of time. If you are a foot out of bounds, that $1.50 Nike is gone, if you are in a 1/2 inch of water that ball is gone also. Is it right? HELL NO,, is it the way it is HELL YES. Can we do anything about it? Stop buying balls. If we all play starter balls for one month, can you imagine the financial impact. The die hard players will not do this,  because their stats and averages mean more to them than the air they breath. If you can't stand to lose that ball, either play courses with better odds of not losing it, or just take your chances. I hate losing them too, but I am just as stupid as the masses.

I have a feeling you've played many more rounds on WGT then you could ever play in real life.  I can play 3-4 full rounds on WGT without losing a ball... so as far as realism... in real life I would have lost 10-12 balls.  I suck at real golf to be honest with you.  Would rather ride my bike and be fit!  

Anyway.... back to the OP.... this is not done on purpose.  Again.. like most complaints on these threads, people try to blame a computer program for their mistakes instead of blaming themselves for missing the meter or not reading it properly or whatever.

This is called Blame WGT Syndrome.... look up some old posts of mine.  It is a real disorder and I recommend consulting a physician regarding your potentially life threatening disability.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/105724/682012.aspx#682012

• bittydog
    623 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 9:03 AM

cycle1979:

renniw52:

I've lost more balls on WGT than I have playing real golf for over 49 years. I would love to blame WGT but it is a big waste of time. If you are a foot out of bounds, that $1.50 Nike is gone, if you are in a 1/2 inch of water that ball is gone also. Is it right? HELL NO,, is it the way it is HELL YES. Can we do anything about it? Stop buying balls. If we all play starter balls for one month, can you imagine the financial impact. The die hard players will not do this,  because their stats and averages mean more to them than the air they breath. If you can't stand to lose that ball, either play courses with better odds of not losing it, or just take your chances. I hate losing them too, but I am just as stupid as the masses.

Anyway.... back to the OP.... this is not done on purpose.  Again.. like most complaints on these threads, people try to blame a computer program for their mistakes instead of blaming themselves for missing the meter or not reading it properly or whatever.

This is called Blame WGT Syndrome.... look up some old posts of mine.  It is a real disorder and I recommend consulting a physician regarding your potentially life threatening disability.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/105724/682012.aspx#682012

ROTFLMFAO!!!!      +1

• 9woodtothehole
    19 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 10:40 AM

I NEW THIS WOULD BE FOUND OUT HERE IS WHY.

OK the clubs you saw where the SLOWER Meter. and if you check I play the same clubs that

most of us do. but for now I'm going back to squarer one.

after doing some checking on the game i found that there had been a hole lot of changes to the GAME

And that was wright about the time

I started testing games 01/30 1998  and still doing it so.

there is no one going to make me believe that WGT  dose not have any thing to do with this!!

ask any one playing  the ball coast went up by over 40% due to lost balls.

I THINK I CAN SAY THIS FOR MORE THEN A HAND FULL

of us playing.  YOU cant clean it up it has become a bigger monster then that.

More finding 's to come.

( I better go check my clubs )

• 9woodtothehole
    19 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 10:43 AM

Just wanted to say that's why i posted the Reporting Abuse By WGT

they have made me feel like they just spit in my face.

thanks for you replay

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 10:50 AM

I would love to have a random feature implemented that occasionally lets me come out of the weeds with my ball PLUS another.

In the interest of a "realistic golf simulation game," I find balls when I'm looking for the one I hit all the time.  I have a friend that only keeps score this way.  I ask, "How you doing today, Jim?"  He replies, "Up 1."  I say, "Up 1?  1 over?  Outstanding."  He says, "Nope....up one ball.  I lost two, but have found three.  Up 1."

How neat would that be to hit a ball into gorse only to find you have a new Nike in your bag.  You don't play Nike balls?  Try this one and see if you like it better.  

Well, it would at least be nice to do for December since it's the season of giving.  My nickel.

• easternguy
    301 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 1:31 PM

9woodtothehole:

thanks for you replay

After reading your previous posts, you should "report abuse" to your educational system...they're the ones who really ripped you off!

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 1:59 PM

easternguy:

9woodtothehole:

thanks for you replay

After reading your previous posts, you should "report abuse" to your educational system...they're the ones who really ripped you off!

LMAO, vns

Sooooooo true

• 2eyedfeeney
    643 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 7:52 PM

PUHOLINO:

easternguy:

9woodtothehole:

thanks for you replay

LMAO, vns

Sooooooo true

Was thinking, if his arithmetic is as bad as his grammar, then I cannot say I am surprised by the amount of lost balls.

Crap. Hope mine is ok. 

• Benny33
    11 Posts
    Sat, Nov 17 2012 8:02 PM

Use the free ball. It is a free game.

RSS